Poll
Who would you consult for sexual advice?
A celibate pope? 0
A sex psychologist? 5
Total Votes: 5
You must be a logged-in member to vote
This Muslim Joke will Kill You
Posted: 23 May 2006 07:12 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  76
Joined  2006-05-23

[b:1caeb13e89]"This Muslim Joke will Kill You" by MF Mahamed   [/b:1caeb13e89]

I am not sure if I should laugh or cry after reading an article from this months copy of Muslim Views ( a famous monthly Muslim newspaper originating from Cape Town, South Africa).

In an article titled ÏAre Muslims allowed a sense of humourÓ, a Professor Suleman Dangor from the University of Durban tackles the question of HUMOUR in Islam.

Personally I donĖt blame Prof. Dangor for dealing with this subject as Muslims have generally become very UPTIGHT since the Prophet Muhammad cartoon fiasco.

Prof. Dangor contends there are two Islamic positions on humour; one, that Islam permits humour and joking, and some hold that Islam prohibits humour and joking.

I guess blog readers will be shocked at this statement, What! Islam PROHIBITS HUMOUR. Yes, it certainly does!

However, to Prof DangorĖs credit he does not endorse this extreme opinion regarding humour but sensibly endorses the view that Islam DOES allow humour.
Prof. Dangor goes at length in his article to explain the differences of opinion within Islam about humour and concludes by stating the Islamic Guidelines for Humour and I quote:

ISLAMIC GUIDELINES FOR HUMOUR

Joking should not deviate from the truth.
Joking should not become a consistent feature of oneĖs personality.
Bad language should be avoided.
Improper topics of conversation cannot be the subject of jokes.
Joking is preferable if it serves the purpose of advice and guidance, or if it creates friendship and warmth between people.
It is inappropriate to joke with or in the company of pious people, the elders, etc.
When joking, one should avoid humiliation or insensitivity.
Joking should not exceed proper boundaries, to the extent that jokers may lose their respect and dignity.

HUH! I first thought that Prof Dangor endorsed the right to make jokes in Islam, yet unbelievably proceeds to produce a guideline that makes it nearly IMPOSSIBLE to crack a joke in Islam.

I mean if any person were to use the guidelines supplied by Prof Dangor for jokes to be made then I guess this person will certainly succeed in making his / her audience NOT LAUGH but CRY.

I am sure Muslims in respond to this article will bring out a couple of KIDDIE jokes that will fit the guidelines supplied by Prof. Dangor but I doubt that in todayĖs world any professional Muslim comedian will be able to seriously keep his audience laughing if he has to stick to the guidelines supplied by Prof Dangor.

Bear in mind that the guidelines provided are not only guidelines for Muslim comedians. Since Islam is regarded as a universal religion these guidelines would serve for all people all the time.

I will conclude by stating that if and when MuslimĖs do establish an Islamic state in South Africa and apply the Islamic Sharia, Zapiro that incredible cartoonist who kept us laughing and our tummies giggling had better keep his bags ready to flee the country.

The other sad truth is that some of the best professional comedians in South Africa are Muslim comedians from Cape Town. Imagine the loss if they were to act on Prof DangorĖs guidelines. I mean, the only shows that these Muslim comedians will be appearing after this are those KIDDIES PARTIES.

Finally below is a copy of a letter I have sent to the editor of Muslim Views which is self explanatory. I hope they publish it.

To:    The Letters Editor
        Muslim Views

I think that if any professional Muslim comedian were to adhere to the guidelines of humour as proposed by Prof. Suleman Dangor in his article "Are Muslims allowed a sense of Humour" (April 2006) than I’m afraid that he would have to stop working as a comedian.

It seems that after the Prophet Muhammad cartoon fiasco Muslim’s have become more uptight about humour.

Nevertheless, here are some jokes that do conform to Dangor’s humour guidelines:

Jesus walked on water.
Prophet Muhammad flew a winged horse from Mecca to Jerusalem instantaneously.
Moses threw down a stick that changed into a snake.
Jesus revived the dead.

Now if God was truly the author of the Bible and the Quran then I guess HE must be a humorous kind of GUY, what with the jokes HE created!

Signature 

Fayzal Mahamed,
Johannesburg, South Africa.

Posted: 23 May 2006 07:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  76
Joined  2006-05-23

This Muslim Joke will Kill You

“This Muslim Joke will Kill You” by MF Mahamed  

I am not sure if I should laugh or cry after reading an article from this months copy of Muslim Views ( a famous monthly Muslim newspaper originating from Cape Town, South Africa).

In an article titled “Are Muslims allowed a sense of humour”, a Professor Suleman Dangor from the University of Durban tackles the question of HUMOUR in Islam.

Personally I don’t blame Prof. Dangor for dealing with this subject as Muslims have generally become very UPTIGHT since the Prophet Muhammad cartoon fiasco.

Prof. Dangor contends there are two Islamic positions on humour; one, that Islam permits humour and joking, and some hold that Islam prohibits humour and joking.

I guess blog readers will be shocked at this statement, What! Islam PROHIBITS HUMOUR. Yes, it certainly does!

However, to Prof Dangor’s credit he does not endorse this extreme opinion regarding humour but sensibly endorses the view that Islam DOES allow humour.
Prof. Dangor goes at length in his article to explain the differences of opinion within Islam about humour and concludes by stating the Islamic Guidelines for Humour and I quote:

ISLAMIC GUIDELINES FOR HUMOUR

Joking should not deviate from the truth.
Joking should not become a consistent feature of one’s personality.
Bad language should be avoided.
Improper topics of conversation cannot be the subject of jokes.
Joking is preferable if it serves the purpose of advice and guidance, or if it creates friendship and warmth between people.
It is inappropriate to joke with or in the company of pious people, the elders, etc.
When joking, one should avoid humiliation or insensitivity.
Joking should not exceed proper boundaries, to the extent that jokers may lose their respect and dignity.

HUH! I first thought that Prof Dangor endorsed the right to make jokes in Islam, yet unbelievably proceeds to produce a guideline that makes it nearly IMPOSSIBLE to crack a joke in Islam.

I mean if any person were to use the guidelines supplied by Prof Dangor for jokes to be made then I guess this person will certainly succeed in making his / her audience NOT LAUGH but CRY.

I am sure Muslims in respond to this article will bring out a couple of KIDDIE jokes that will fit the guidelines supplied by Prof. Dangor but I doubt that in today’s world any professional Muslim comedian will be able to seriously keep his audience laughing if he has to stick to the guidelines supplied by Prof Dangor.

Bear in mind that the guidelines provided are not only guidelines for Muslim comedians. Since Islam is regarded as a universal religion these guidelines would serve for all people all the time.

I will conclude by stating that if and when Muslim’s do establish an Islamic state in South Africa and apply the Islamic Sharia, Zapiro that incredible cartoonist who kept us laughing and our tummies giggling had better keep his bags ready to flee the country.

The other sad truth is that some of the best professional comedians in South Africa are Muslim comedians from Cape Town. Imagine the loss if they were to act on Prof Dangor’s guidelines. I mean, the only shows that these Muslim comedians will be appearing after this are those KIDDIES PARTIES.

Finally below is a copy of a letter I have sent to the editor of Muslim Views which is self explanatory. I hope they publish it.

To:    The Letters Editor
        Muslim Views

I think that if any professional Muslim comedian were to adhere to the guidelines of humour as proposed by Prof. Suleman Dangor in his article “Are Muslims allowed a sense of Humour” (April 2006) than I’m afraid that he would have to stop working as a comedian.

It seems that after the Prophet Muhammad cartoon fiasco Muslim’s have become more uptight about humour.

Nevertheless, here are some jokes that do conform to Dangor’s humour guidelines:

Jesus walked on water.
Prophet Muhammad flew a winged horse from Mecca to Jerusalem instantaneously.
Moses threw down a stick that changed into a snake.
Jesus revived the dead.

Now if God was truly the author of the Bible and the Quran then I guess HE must be a humorous kind of GUY, what with the jokes HE created!

Signature 

Fayzal Mahamed,
Johannesburg, South Africa.

Posted: 23 May 2006 10:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  248
Joined  2005-06-28

I read the poll and thought this was going to be about muslums making fun of catholics, but what do you know, it is not so.  Just another reasont to prove you should always keep your mind open.

Signature 

Fighting the evil belief that there is a god(s).