1 of 3
Favorite Christian Music
Posted: 18 October 2009 11:20 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  266
Joined  2009-10-18

I love the music player to play my favorite Christian songs.

[Edited to remove linkspam. dougsmith—admin]

Signature 

4 Step Perfect Proof for God of the Bible

Posted: 18 October 2009 11:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7661
Joined  2008-04-11

I like some christian songs. I especially like Handel’s ‘Messiah’ and Mozart’s Requiem. Mozart, by the way, was an atheist. I love christmas songs from Silent Night to Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, but I believe in Jesus as much as I believe in Rudolph and Santa. That is, not at all.

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 18 October 2009 11:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  266
Joined  2009-10-18

Let me know which song is your favorite on this Dizzler list.

Signature 

4 Step Perfect Proof for God of the Bible

Posted: 19 October 2009 08:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  2457
Joined  2008-06-03

I’m sure all your affiliate marketing links are a nifty source of income. Why market them on a site of primarily atheists and agnostics? Wouldn’t you make more money marketing them on Christian websites? Or is that market kind of flooded and pointless…

Signature 

Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it’s a simple adventure story. Others can read the ingredients on a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe.    - Lex Luthor

Posted: 19 October 2009 08:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  15343
Joined  2006-02-14
Jules - 19 October 2009 08:14 AM

I’m sure all your affiliate marketing links are a nifty source of income. Why market them on a site of primarily atheists and agnostics? Wouldn’t you make more money marketing them on Christian websites? Or is that market kind of flooded and pointless…

The OP is on the cusp of being simply spam. Assuming that Parture is for real, I’ve simply removed the links and mention in the title.

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 19 October 2009 10:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Total Posts:  5508
Joined  2006-10-22

Let’s see.  As I recall, my two favorite religious songs are:  The Vatican Rag by Tom Lehrer, and When the Atheists Come Marching In.

Occam

Posted: 19 October 2009 12:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Total Posts:  7661
Joined  2008-04-11
Occam - 19 October 2009 10:08 AM

Let’s see.  As I recall, my two favorite religious songs are:  The Vatican Rag by Tom Lehrer, and When the Atheists Come Marching In.

Occam

Oh, I’ve never heard of those, I’ll have to look for them! LOL

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 20 October 2009 09:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2009-10-20

Anything by Rev. Gary Davis

Posted: 20 October 2009 10:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Total Posts:  4416
Joined  2008-08-14

Contrary to what most people think, Black Sabbath’s music is generally pro-religion. A large percentage of their songs deal with the conundrums of life, theism, and Death. Many of their songs deal with people coming to grip with the harsh realities of life through religion.
One of my favorite lines is….“have you ever thought about your soul and can it be saved,
                            or perhaps you feel that when you are dead you just stay in your grave,
                              well I’ve seen the truth, and I’ve seen the light and I’m changing my ways….”
The music is all Heavy Rock, and I find it appealing for it’s heavy forthright contemplation of theism, atheism, and the Darker side of life in general.
Their theistic overtones are nicely matched by a realistic sense of what Satan would truly embody if he were real. These lyrical themes can be found in songs of theirs such as “War Pigs”, “Wicked World”, and “N.I.B.” to name just a few.
Black Sabbath will go down in history for their pioneering style. They were one of the first bands ever to address Harsh realities of life, and put them in a forthright, Literate, and highly charged, in your face expose of what “Evil” really is.

Signature 

Row row row your boat gently down the stream.  Merrily Merrily merrily merrily life is but a dream!

Posted: 20 October 2009 10:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-10-20

Basically, Black Sabbath just goes down!

Posted: 20 October 2009 11:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Joined  2008-08-14
Icatfishman - 20 October 2009 10:50 AM

Yeah Buddy!

Signature 

Row row row your boat gently down the stream.  Merrily Merrily merrily merrily life is but a dream!

Posted: 20 October 2009 11:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Joined  2008-08-14
VYAZMA - 20 October 2009 11:00 AM
Icatfishman - 20 October 2009 10:50 AM

Yeah Buddy!

Perhaps your comment wasn’t meant to be complimentary? “Goes Down”? You mean they blow? Ughh!!

Signature 

Posted: 20 October 2009 11:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-10-20

I could never connect with BS or with Bloodrock either. More of a Doors kind of guy myself and of course Jefferson Airplane. On the quasi-theistic train I liked Seatrain.

Posted: 20 October 2009 11:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Joined  2008-08-14
Icatfishman - 20 October 2009 11:19 AM

I could never connect with BS or with Bloodrock either. More of a Doors kind of guy myself and of course Jefferson Airplane. On the quasi-theistic train I liked Seatrain.

Never listened to Bloodrock. I have every last JA album, plus all the Kanter/Slick stuff. I have all the Doors too, plus Bootlegs.
I remember thinking Black Sabbath was a bunch of hooey too. That was before I actually gave them a try. If you like Led Zeppelin, then Black Sabbath certainly falls under that category. I’m talking about there first 6 albums. After that…enhh.

Signature 

Posted: 21 October 2009 02:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Total Posts:  775
Joined  2009-07-17

Never got to see them in concert, but Black Sabbath has always been one of my favorite bands.

I was intrigued to learn (from a documentary-like video they released) that while all the members ‘partied’ significantly, they kicked Ozzie out because he partied too much! (IIRC, this move was the catalyst that helped them all get cleaned up.)

Take care,

Derek

Signature 

“It is noble to be good; it is still nobler to teach others to be good—and less trouble.”—Mark Twain

Posted: 21 October 2009 02:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Joined  2008-08-14
harry canyon - 21 October 2009 02:04 PM

Never got to see them in concert, but Black Sabbath has always been one of my favorite bands.

I was intrigued to learn (from a documentary-like video they released) that while all the members ‘partied’ significantly, they kicked Ozzie out because he partied too much! (IIRC, this move was the catalyst that helped them all get cleaned up.)

Take care,

Derek

Nice. I’m not too into the post Ozzy stuff. Did you see that Rolling Stones Movie.”..something Circus something or other”.
It’s 1968-69. Beggars Banquet Debut, plus other guest bands. Tony Iommi is playing with Jethro Tull. Wielding the Black SG.
Great stuff.

Signature 

1 of 3