Poll
Should something like reader mail be installed?
Yes 4
No 2
No Opinion 0
Total Votes: 6
You must be a logged-in member to vote
Connect Free Inquiry with this forum
Posted: 25 May 2006 02:11 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  363
Joined  2006-02-23

[color=darkblue:cd7a2a902e]I had a thought when reading the mail in Free Inquiry. Why not provide readers a digital mailing capability by allowing them to do it via this forum.

It could be done by setting up a category just for that purpose, no discussion required or needed.

The reader can be allowed to use his/her subscriber number as the identifying name if they want to remain anonymous, or they might simply register and become a member for all purposes. (The result I hope for)

Answers in the reader mail category might be limited to just the authors at first and then at a later time the thread might be opened for comments.

I think it is a great way to get readers involved in the overall work of CFI.

Jim[/color:cd7a2a902e]

Signature 

Jimmie Keyes
Tavernier, FL
http://secularhumanism.meetup.com/1/
Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter. (MLK Jr.)

Posted: 25 May 2006 02:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Total Posts:  363
Joined  2006-02-23

Connect Free Inquiry with this forum

I had a thought when reading the mail in Free Inquiry. Why not provide readers a digital mailing capability by allowing them to do it via this forum.

It could be done by setting up a category just for that purpose, no discussion required or needed.

The reader can be allowed to use his/her subscriber number as the identifying name if they want to remain anonymous, or they might simply register and become a member for all purposes. (The result I hope for)

Answers in the reader mail category might be limited to just the authors at first and then at a later time the thread might be opened for comments.

I think it is a great way to get readers involved in the overall work of CFI.

Jim

Signature 

Jimmie Keyes
Tavernier, FL
http://secularhumanism.meetup.com/1/
Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter. (MLK Jr.)

Posted: 25 May 2006 03:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  15300
Joined  2006-02-14

I think it’d be a great idea, Jim. There are a lot of ways that CFI could integrate this forum into their websites and publications.

Best,

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 27 May 2006 12:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  19
Joined  2006-05-18

It would be a great way to build up participation on the forum too. Free Inquiry needs to promote the forum more aggressively in the magazine. I bet many readers aren’t really aware that it exists. Perhaps there could be an article in the next issue and a small ad that appears as a reminder in every issue.

Posted: 27 May 2006 05:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  15300
Joined  2006-02-14
[quote author=“nancy2001”]It would be a great way to build up participation on the forum too. Free Inquiry needs to promote the forum more aggressively in the magazine. I bet many readers aren’t really aware that it exists. Perhaps there could be an article in the next issue and a small ad that appears as a reminder in every issue.

Agreed. Something similar should be done in Skeptical Inquirer as well ... and the Forum should appear as a button on all CFI websites.

Gotta keep pushing that rock up the hill ...

:wink:

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 02 September 2006 10:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  114
Joined  2006-02-09

A Lotta CFI

You know, there is a lot going on: the various cafes, the Inquiring Minds program online, this forum, the podcasts, the cruises, the land conferences, amicus briefs, and more that I am probably forgetting - it may be a hassle for the web workers, but it seems to me that there should be some standard way to link to all the CFI entities on the ebulletins.
(I’m totally sorry that this would add yet more work for the already overworked, but highly talented people creating the web publications.)
- or maybe just a common link to get to another page with links to all….  :D
Maybe not.