32 of 32
What is the best explanation for the origin/fine-tuning of the universe ?
Posted: 13 November 2009 08:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 466 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4860
Joined  2007-10-05
Adonai888 - 13 November 2009 07:07 PM

Recent studies conducted on Venus and Mars…

The lander missions on Mars and Venus illuminate a Christian apologetics principle. They demonstrate that the more we learn about the physics and chemistry of other planets, the more evidence we accumulate for the supernatural, super-intelligent design of Earth for the benefit of all life, both simple and complex.

Just in case anyone had any doubts, these snippets prove you don’t have a clue, not even the beginning of the hint of a clue, what you are talking about. Please provide a link to the lander mission on Venus. (Hint: There has never been any such mission.)

You are completely ignorant of science. Discussing anything intelligent with you is a waste of time.

Signature 

You cannot have a rational conversation with someone who holds irrational beliefs.

Posted: 13 November 2009 08:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 467 ]
Total Posts:  9301
Joined  2006-08-29
Adonai888 - 13 November 2009 07:33 PM

I don’t know what makes you to be so sure, Darwinism is true. There is not proof for Darwins Theory.

question

No? Didn’t you read when Doug wrote that mice can now walk upright?

Posted: 13 November 2009 09:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 468 ]
Joined  2007-10-05

Don’t forget the talking moose and flying squirrel.

Signature 

You cannot have a rational conversation with someone who holds irrational beliefs.

Posted: 14 November 2009 12:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 469 ]
Total Posts:  6195
Joined  2006-12-20

Hi Adonai,

Adonai888 - 13 November 2009 03:32 PM
StephenLawrence - 13 November 2009 02:38 PM

Come on Adonai don’t be silly, it would be good to have a sensible conversation about your question. Nonsense written in the bible is completely out of place.

Stephen

it might be nonsense for you. for me its not.

It’s like saying hope came into the world when Pandora opened the box. It’s a story that’s all.

Nonsense is to believe, chance was capable to fine tune the universe to life.

Ok and that’s why I say stick to this interesting question and see if you can get some sensible answers.

Stephen

[ Edited: 14 November 2009 12:48 AM by StephenLawrence ]

Posted: 14 November 2009 12:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 470 ]
Total Posts:  6195
Joined  2006-12-20

Hi fotobits,

fotobits - 13 November 2009 03:53 PM
StephenLawrence - 13 November 2009 02:38 PM

Come on Adonai don’t be silly, it would be good to have a sensible conversation about your question. Nonsense written in the bible is completely out of place.

Stephen

Stephen, have you not been paying attention? Adonai is not here to discuss cosmology. He is here to promote his religion. It should be painfully obvious by now that he is incapable of thinking for himself. That’s what got Adam and Eve kicked out of the Garden of Eden after all. Thinking is a bad thing according to his world view.

He is capable of thinking for himself.

I’m not sure what cosmology has to do with it or why you think we can look to cosmology for the answer. You are only ever going to find what happened, interesting as that may be.

If that was unlikely to happen do we need an explanation? Or is it a bit like the lottery in which what ever happens is unlikely, so we’d expect that?

And is it explanation enought to say this is what we’d expect to find? Does it really tell us why one thing happens rather than another?

I think these are mostly philosophical questions and you are just not interested in philosophy. But your belief system is based on it interested or not.

Stephen

Posted: 14 November 2009 05:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 471 ]
Joined  2007-10-05
StephenLawrence - 14 November 2009 12:47 AM

He is capable of thinking for himself.

I’m not sure what cosmology has to do with it or why you think we can look to cosmology for the answer. You are only ever going to find what happened, interesting as that may be.

If that was unlikely to happen do we need an explanation? Or is it a bit like the lottery in which what ever happens is unlikely, so we’d expect that?

And is it explanation enought to say this is what we’d expect to find? Does it really tell us why one thing happens rather than another?

I think these are mostly philosophical questions and you are just not interested in philosophy. But your belief system is based on it interested or not.

Stephen

Way back early in this thread Adonai wished me luck getting him to think. His arguments consist of nothing more than cutting and pasting from web sites. He even uses quotes from nonbelievers (Steven Weinberg being the most cited example) to back up his claim that an invisible sky daddy created the universe. That is not thinking, it is action from indoctrination.

As for cosmology versus philosophy, I disagree with you. This is a science question. Explaining the origin of the universe is well outside the expertise of philosophy and religion. Any philosopher who thinks he can succeed in explaining how the universe came into existence is going to fail. We cannot know why until we learn how, and as I’ve said before why may by nothing more than a philosophical solipsism. It is quite likely that any clues about the origin of the universe were destroyed at t=0 and we’ll never have an answer.

If we do figure out what happened at t=0 we’ll then have an even greater mystery. What happened before t=0? When we get there cosmologists will be hard at work finding the answer, and philosophers will be on the sidelines talking.

Philosophy has its place. I don’t like philosophy when philosophers dabble in science and think they are doing something meaningful. That makes as little sense as looking for ethical laws in physics.

[ Edited: 15 November 2009 07:56 AM by DarronS ]
 Signature 

32 of 32