3 of 3
Near-Death Experiences Prove God Exists
Posted: 07 November 2009 03:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2011
Joined  2007-08-09

I would love to awake after I die and find there is a God after all. But worrying about it isn’t going to help and guessing is just a waste of time. Claiming to know anything about “God” can easily become obnoxious and often has.

Signature 

I cannot in good conscience support CFI under the current leadership. I am here in dissent and in support of a Humanism that honors and respects everyone.

Posted: 07 November 2009 05:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Total Posts:  5508
Joined  2006-10-22

As I posted a year or two ago, a few years ago I was at a party when someone introduced me as an unrepentent atheist to a person I later found was a rather truculent christian.  During our conversation he asked accusingly, “So if you don’t believe in him, what do you think god will say to you when you arrive at the pearly gates?”

I shrugged and said, “Surprise?”

Occam

Posted: 07 November 2009 09:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Total Posts:  2011
Joined  2007-08-09
Occam - 07 November 2009 05:05 PM

As I posted a year or two ago, a few years ago I was at a party when someone introduced me as an unrepentent atheist to a person I later found was a rather truculent christian.  During our conversation he asked accusingly, “So if you don’t believe in him, what do you think god will say to you when you arrive at the pearly gates?”

I shrugged and said, “Surprise?”

Occam

Here’s my favorite response to that rather obnoxious question:

“I’m not the least bit concerned about it but since you are, let’s consider what God might say to you. What if you’re right and there is a God, only instead of ushering you immediately into paradise he says: ‘You spent most of your life telling people that I would allow my children to suffer in torment forever. It takes a lot to piss me off, but that pisses me off. I would never allow that to happen, and you should have known that. Tell you what. Since you like this idea of hell so much, I made one just for you. I’ll be down there in a couple years to see how you like it.’”

Signature 

I cannot in good conscience support CFI under the current leadership. I am here in dissent and in support of a Humanism that honors and respects everyone.

3 of 3