1 of 2
There Are Only Four Choices (TAO4C)
Posted: 29 October 2009 02:35 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  266
Joined  2009-10-18

There Are Only 4 Choices (TAO4C)

Since approximately 90-95% of the people of the late great planet earth have settled on four major religious or world views, logically we can conclude only these four need be examined to determine the big picture reality because if God exists He would be gracious enough to make Himself accessible:

1) Agnosticism/atheism can’t be true because the universe can’t start up all by itself, nor can it always have existed. There is no moral compass, thus, causing you to increase sin and not approach sinlessness. Morality itself can’t come out of that which has no morality. Conscience and consciousness can’t be derived from that which has no conscience and consciousness. A bird house can never produce a bird.

2) Hinduism and Buddhism are not true because you don’t get nearly endless opportunity to be a chicken then come back as a human again which never effectively deals with sin-it even encourages sin. “It is appointed unto men once to die” (Heb. 9.27). There are other problems such as the amoral god Brahma. How can he have lower standards than us, for we are moral beings? Buddhism practices Nirvana which is shutting one’s mind down, but where did God ask us to do that? He gives us nerve endings for pleasure, sensations, feelings, mind, will, emotion, intuition, ability to commune and develop our conscience which can’t be accomplished by shutting your mind down or performing repetitive mantra. This is an inappropriate way of trying to deal with human suffering. Our greatest achievements are realized through full awareness and activity of all our faculties.

3) Islam is irrelevant because it is just some guy without any evidence six centuries later in a cave all by himself who said Jesus never died, despite the well attested historical record in the primary sources of the first century. If you can alter history so arbitrarily in your own mind without any evidence, you can assume anything which opens the door to sin more. Have you noticed also that Islam is the most anti-Caucasian religion on the planet?

4) We are left with Christianity only. And so, there is a place called Hell. Those who refuse Jesus’ atonement on the cross will go to Hell. Jesus said, “He that is not with me is against me. For whoever is not against us, is for us” (Matt. 12.30; Mark 9.40). You’re against Him if you do not accept a) what Jesus did for you on the cross to receive forgiveness from God the Father for all your sins and selfishness, b) was resurrected and raised to the right hand of the Father, c) revealed to us He is the 2nd Person of the Trinity, and d) clearly said He is the uncreated Creator of the universe with the Father and the Spirit.

Signature 

4 Step Perfect Proof for God of the Bible

Posted: 29 October 2009 04:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2423
Joined  2007-09-03
Parture - 29 October 2009 02:35 AM

4) We are left with Christianity only.

Parture, have you always belonged to the same Christian denomination, or have you ever changed—and if so, why did you change—was it the particular preacher, something you read, etc…

I got the impression from another comment that you don’t consider all Christians to be the same….

Posted: 29 October 2009 05:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  2011
Joined  2007-08-09
Parture - 29 October 2009 02:35 AM

Agnosticism/atheism can’t be true because the universe can’t start up all by itself, nor can it always have existed. There is no moral compass, thus, causing you to increase sin and not approach sinlessness. Morality itself can’t come out of that which has no morality. Conscience and consciousness can’t be derived from that which has no conscience and consciousness. A bird house can never produce a bird.

Now that Parture is banned (I had resolved not to feed the troll), I’ll comment on the above. Along with many others, I have found a more stable, more secure, more firmly grounded and more enduring moral compass in non-theistic Humanism than I ever found in Catholicism. I believe that is because, like many people, I am essentially a well-intentioned person of good will who was freed to seek and explore ethics, morality and spirituality by wiping away the layers of debris that theism had laid down. The only moral compass necessary is an understanding that others seek happiness very much as I do, and yet each may seek a different set of particulars. This is an honest reading of the diversity and nuances of humanity.

Recognizing our capacity for both good and evil, and our non-delegable responsibility to make ethical choices, is the firmest grounding for a sound and enduring ethical and moral code, and a vibrant spirituality.

Signature 

I cannot in good conscience support CFI under the current leadership. I am here in dissent and in support of a Humanism that honors and respects everyone.

Posted: 29 October 2009 06:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2009-10-29

At least you can’t murder us now, all you can do is martyr Christians on the Internet. Martyring Christians you think is moral. I think you are being racist. Atheists are going to Hell along with Catholics. One little sin eternally separates you from God, so since you don’t want to be saved, you will go to Hell.

You’re a troll.

Posted: 29 October 2009 06:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  15433
Joined  2006-02-14
perfect - 29 October 2009 06:08 AM

At least you can’t murder us now, all you can do is martyr Christians on the Internet. Martyring Christians you think is moral. I think you are being racist. Atheists are going to Hell along with Catholics. One little sin eternally separates you from God, so since you don’t want to be saved, you will go to Hell.

You’re a troll.

Parture was banned for flagrant rule violations. This description is itself a form of trolling. Continued trolling will result in banning of your account as well.

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 29 October 2009 06:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2009-10-29

You shouldn’t accuse people with nothing to back up your accusation. That’s a sin. Obviously, this was a clear targeting of a Christian. This is racist.

Posted: 29 October 2009 06:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Total Posts:  2011
Joined  2007-08-09
perfect - 29 October 2009 06:15 AM

You shouldn’t accuse people with nothing to back up your accusation. That’s a sin. Obviously, this was a clear targeting of a Christian. This is racist.

1. A “new” member appears immediately after the most active “member” we have ever had is banned.

2. The “new” member sounds exactly like the one who was just banned.

3. The “new” member says the same things as the one who was banned.

4. The “new” member writes in exactly the same style as the one who was just banned.

5. The “new” member is outraged! about Parture’s martyrdom.

And we have no evidence. Maybe someday you’ll grow up. Meanwhile, enjoy your brief time here.

Signature 

I cannot in good conscience support CFI under the current leadership. I am here in dissent and in support of a Humanism that honors and respects everyone.

Posted: 29 October 2009 06:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Total Posts:  4576
Joined  2008-08-14

LOL .

Signature 

Row row row your boat gently down the stream.  Merrily Merrily merrily merrily life is but a dream!

Posted: 29 October 2009 01:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Total Posts:  475
Joined  2008-03-08

I was wondering when he was going to get banned. I really like the idea that theists can present their positions on these forums. We do get theists on here that have managed to have civil discussions even though there have been plenty of debates. So how far should they be allowed to go before they get labeled as trolls? Is it when they just start ignoring everyone’s responses? Is it when they start thread after thread?

Posted: 29 October 2009 02:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Total Posts:  4858
Joined  2007-10-05

I think the first thing we should do, especially when it is obvious we are dealing with a nut case such as Parture, is google the handle or a key phrase and see how many other forums the person is spamming with his insane ideas and vitriol. When someone like Parture comes along the moderators should act much more quickly and ban than person. After we’ve had a bit of fun shooting at an easy target, of course. cool smile

Signature 

You cannot have a rational conversation with someone who holds irrational beliefs.

Posted: 29 October 2009 07:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Total Posts:  633
Joined  2007-12-10
fotobits - 29 October 2009 02:22 PM

I think the first thing we should do, especially when it is obvious we are dealing with a nut case such as Parture, is google the handle or a key phrase and see how many other forums the person is spamming with his insane ideas and vitriol. When someone like Parture comes along the moderators should act much more quickly and ban than person. After we’ve had a bit of fun shooting at an easy target, of course. cool smile

Parture With a Video Explaining his Ideas

Looks and sounds as sane as they come in his video.

Signature 

Dan

Posted: 29 October 2009 07:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Total Posts:  4858
Joined  2007-10-05
Some Guy - 29 October 2009 07:16 PM

You and I have different definitions of sanity.

Signature 

You cannot have a rational conversation with someone who holds irrational beliefs.

Posted: 30 October 2009 02:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Total Posts:  2423
Joined  2007-09-03
fotobits - 29 October 2009 07:30 PM
Some Guy - 29 October 2009 07:16 PM

You and I have different definitions of sanity.

So Parture = Troy Brooks.

If you start Googling Troy Brooks you get a dogma-filled breakfast with all sorts of flavors…

[“James White responds to Troy Brooks”  on Examing Cavinism blog]

Posted: 30 October 2009 08:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Total Posts:  7613
Joined  2007-03-02

Revivin, Xianity is not a race, so therefore it is not racism.  Anyone of any “race” or rather ethnicity can be Xian.  There is only one race- the human race. Therefore ethnicity is the more proper term, but still it is not ethnic specific to even shout racism or what have you.  It is not specific to Europeans or more specifically Italians, since Xianity started in Rome.

Be that as it may, Perfect and Parture have a misconception of the situation and maybe even a complex.  I wouldn’t even try to bother with it since they are no longer here anyway.

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 30 October 2009 08:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Joined  2007-03-02

Correction, it cannot be racist because we are talking about a religion.  Please find your dictionary.

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 30 October 2009 09:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Joined  2007-03-02

There is the Jewish religion and then there is the ethnic group of Jews. Two different things.  Xians do not have any specific ethnic group, therefore there isn’t any race involved.  It would seem you have no clue what racism is.  Christians are no an ethnic group.  Again, please get out your dictionary and I don’t mean Vine’s Concise Dictionary, because you won’t find the word there.

Signature 

Mriana

1 of 2