Carl Sagan Day in Fort Lauderdale
Posted: 12 November 2009 11:53 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2008-06-08

Deep gratitude for those who assembled Carl Sagan Day this past Sunday, here in Fort Lauderdale. You all should be feel proud of your accomplishments.
I think it’s important to thank the presenters with a personal note from those who attended. Most of the time, these folks lecture on their own free time to our benefit.
Case in point: Russell Romanella who gave an extraordinary presentation.
A copy oif my email to him:

Russell,
I again wanted to thank you again for your rather illuminating and inspiring presentation today in Fort Lauderdale. I cannot remember the last time that I was as moved by a speaker. Your talk repeatedly made me laugh, and at other times, brought me to tears as you helped me revivify my limited understanding of the infinite beauty of the Cosmos.
It was also glaringly obvious that you have invested a lot of time and energy putting the presentation together; the material, the slides and the multi-media. You should be very proud of your hard work, and I commend you for your apparent dedication.
It’s nice to know there are people like you who are enthusiastically spreading the importance of space investigation and exploration, and are doing so on the payroll of all Americans. Please continue your “popularization of science,” for it is desperately in need of resuscitation!
We are fortunate to have you working at NASA and I am grateful for your decision to share your time with us today.

his email addresss, should anyone want to second my thoughts:
.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)