2 of 2
Paranormal College
Posted: 14 December 2009 06:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4455
Joined  2007-08-31
asanta - 19 November 2009 07:33 PM

I always found it amusing that those who ‘remembered’ living past lives were always nobility, when we know that the very wealthy was such a small percentage of those alive at any one time, and the percentage was even smaller in medieval times. I’ve never heard anyone state that they lived a perfectly ordinary and mundane life, and died an ordinary and mundane death!

Oh well, I personally have at least halfway another experience. In my reincarnation session (I really did for many years, during a hypnosis course!) I was a German soldier at the end of WW II, sentenced to death because I refused to kill a french resistance fighter. But yes, it was a violent death again…

GdB

Signature 

GdB

“The light is on, but there is nobody at home”

Posted: 22 December 2009 08:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Total Posts:  9301
Joined  2006-08-29

Did anybody get to watch CNN’s Larry King tonight? Shermer, Chopra, Gupta, D’Souza were discussing life after death. I missed it. If anyone finds a link on the internet, please let me know.

Posted: 23 December 2009 04:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Total Posts:  2423
Joined  2007-09-03
George - 22 December 2009 08:32 PM

Did anybody get to watch CNN’s Larry King tonight? Shermer, Chopra, Gupta, D’Souza were discussing life after death. I missed it. If anyone finds a link on the internet, please let me know.

Thanks for the heads up
http://forum.richarddawkins.net/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=104166
I missed it…here is Micheal Shermer’s comments::
http://trueslant.com/michaelshermer/2009/12/18/the-afterlife-comes-to-larry-king-live/

A good paragraph….

One final point that should be repeated like a mantra every time we encounter such mysteries: the fact that we cannot fully explain a mystery with natural means does not mean it requires a supernatural explanation. During the show Sanjay Gupta stated that when he was writing his book he took a rigorous scientific approach but in the end could not come up with 100 percent natural explanation for many of these medical mysteries (people who “cheated death”), and therefore there is room for spiritual and religious explanations for these phenomena. No it doesn’t

Posted: 23 December 2009 07:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Joined  2006-08-29

Thanks, Jackson.

Posted: 23 December 2009 04:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Total Posts:  2457
Joined  2008-06-03

Transcript of the Larry King Show Available Here

PZ Myers had his usual “delicate and eloquent” review of such interviews:  wink

“Deepak Chopra, new age nutcase; Dinesh D’Souza, dithering moron; and Sanjay Gupta, their usual token MD, who was completely ineffectual and didn’t say one word to criticize the pair of loons sharing the screen with him. They did bring out Michael Shermer in the middle of the show to say a few words, but again, he was too busy being nice to actually hammer on the Chopra/D’Souza BS.”

So… tell us how you really feel, PZ!

Signature 

Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it’s a simple adventure story. Others can read the ingredients on a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe.    - Lex Luthor

Posted: 23 December 2009 07:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Joined  2006-08-29

I did watch some of it at midnight, but I fell asleep about twenty minutes into the “discussion.” Deepak Chopra must be the most annoying person on TV: “What you call a person actually is a pattern of behavior of a universal consciousness.” A typical new-age verbal diarrhea.

[ Edited: 23 December 2009 10:25 PM by George ]

Posted: 23 December 2009 09:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Total Posts:  5508
Joined  2006-10-22

I agree, George.  Although he does manage to stimulate me greatly.  Whenever I’m channel surfing and happen on him speaking, my neural pathways jump into high gear to change the channel.  LOL

Occam

2 of 2