Subway Signs in NYC 1 Million People are Okay w/o God
Posted: 16 November 2009 01:45 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2009-11-12

To run that ad cost $25,000 dollars! What a waste of money. That money could have been spent on so many better things. Helping the homeless, hungry, abused children etc… But then people who don’t believe in God would never think of doing something like that with $25,000! Do you really think the homeless man sleeping underneath that sign cares whether you believe in God or not? Or the hungry child? I do believe in God and I defend everyones right to their beliefs, even the people who belong to this forum. But if I can’t post the 10 commandments why should you be able to post this sign?

Posted: 16 November 2009 02:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9284
Joined  2006-08-29

Let’s say it took you two minutes to write this post. Instead of letting us know what your beliefs are, you could have used those two minutes to serve ten bowls of soup to poor people at your local homeless shelter. Why didn’t you? What a waste of two minutes.

Posted: 16 November 2009 02:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  15305
Joined  2006-02-14
FaithfulOne - 16 November 2009 01:45 PM

But if I can’t post the 10 commandments why should you be able to post this sign?

You can post the 10 commandments. The US Government can’t.

There are many, many religious organizations who pay for religious advertising on the NY subway, not to mention on TV, radio, billboards, etc. Why should atheists not be able to do the same?

Do you feel those religious organizations are also wasting their money? Do you post messages on their fora telling them so?

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 16 November 2009 04:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2009-09-30

I have seen a lot of Churches who advertise on tv mags news papers to bring in new people why don’t they spend there money on feeding the poor and maybe they could spend less on the church buildings how many people would that feed.

Signature 

Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich.

Napoleon Bonaparte (1769 - 1821  

jt

Posted: 16 November 2009 05:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Total Posts:  2457
Joined  2008-06-03

Yeah sure! Tell the religious right to take down their THOUSANDS of religious billboards across the country and spend that money on the homeless. Why with all that money combined, everyone on the streets could be put in hotel rooms and fed a nice meal.

Why with all the MILLIONS of dollars Christians spent on Proposition 8, trying to prevent marriage equality, thousands of homeless could have been helped! Starving children could have been fed and had medical care! Where is your OUTRAGE!

You should be furious at Christians across the globe!

Signature 

Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it’s a simple adventure story. Others can read the ingredients on a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe.    - Lex Luthor

Posted: 16 November 2009 08:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Total Posts:  7641
Joined  2008-04-11

If churches did not build the huge magnificent cathedrals, if the ministers were not flying around in private jets, and living in palatial homes with multiple luxury cars. The pope and Vatican being at the top of the heap, we would have no poor…and you begrudge us our few signs!! hmmm

As for contributions, have you even looked to see how much is contributed by the atheist community? Since we don’t have expensively useless monuments to worship imaginary beings, we have much more of our income to donate to improve the living conditions of the impoverished, much of what is caused by the church directing people to keep having children they cannot feed and forbidding on penalty of ‘hell’ the use of condoms which would prevent millions of cases of HIV/ AIDS throughout the world.

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 17 November 2009 05:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Joined  2008-06-03

So I took the day off work today. I had a doctor appointment and some errands to run. While I had the day off, I made an appointment to donate blood at Red Cross, as I do about every two months. It was nice to do it during the week instead of on a busy Saturday, there was no wait time.

As I was lying there getting my blood taken, I wondered, “How many fundamentalist Christians would go berserk if they found out they’d received ATHEIST BLOOD!”  LOL

Any other atheist blood donors here? Perhaps we should organize a blood drive at atheist events.  smile

Signature 

Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it’s a simple adventure story. Others can read the ingredients on a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe.    - Lex Luthor

Posted: 17 November 2009 05:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2009-11-11
Jules - 17 November 2009 05:22 PM

Any other atheist blood donors here? Perhaps we should organize a blood drive at atheist events.  :)

That is a very good idea!  I used to donate blood regularly but then was stationed in Europe (with the Air Force) during both the Chernobyl and Mad Cow debacles.  Now apparently my blood is not worthy.

Signature 

Frederick Green
~A pair of facts beats a full house of myths every time.

Posted: 17 November 2009 05:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Joined  2008-06-03

They do tend to be picky! There are only 867 questions you have answer before they accept your blood.  wink

Signature