Hindu Riots against the Christian Missionary Priest
Posted: 03 June 2006 02:47 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  76
Joined  2006-05-23

[color=green:c633c0e46e][b:c633c0e46e]The Hindu Riots in India and the Christian Missionary "Pricks" sorry Priests [/b:c633c0e46e][/color:c633c0e46e] 

Recently in India there have been riots between Hindus and Christians with Hindus claiming that Christian Missionaries have been bribing Hindus to covert to Christianity. The riots were so bad that it required the Pope to appeal to the Indian government to stop the bloodshed and even made the secular Indian government to consider legislation against conversions of this sort.

At first glance I thought ¤Here we go againË with another one of those ridiculous religious wars that seem so [b:c633c0e46e]stupid and ignorant[/b:c633c0e46e].

I initially thought that most of the [b:c633c0e46e]blame should fall on the Hindus[/b:c633c0e46e]. Normally, Hindus have a very passive culture and religious beliefs. You will notice from history that when Muslims from neighboring states invaded the Indus valley centuries ago many Hindus converted to Islam because it was the religion of the rulers. This change or conversion was not marked by any major bloodshed.

So why are Hindus all of a sudden engaging in riots, not accepting that a person has the freedom to choose his or her religion, immaterial if that person was bribed to do so? I mean if the Hindu religious authorities were so aghast at those Hindu conversions than all they had to do in return was to bribe the converted back to Hinduism. This way at least the only persons who will benefit are the poor Hindu╠s who will be showered with gifts to and fro. [b:c633c0e46e]Good for them![/b:c633c0e46e]

However a closer glance at this incidence will give you an understanding of the anger of the Hindus in regard to these conversions to Christianity. [b:c633c0e46e]Allow me to elaborate with an analogy¸¸[/b:c633c0e46e]

[color=red:c633c0e46e]Imagine if a community of Aborigines living a simple village life had a crop failure that resulted in children and elders dying of starvation. Imagine that all of a sudden a group of Europeans suddenly appeared in the village with loaves and loaves of bread bringing a short term relief to these villagers from starvation. However, together with this bread those Europeans also spread the message that they have a miracle skin lightening cream that will make the Aborigines the same as the Europeans in appearance with the promise of more bread to follow.

Now it won╠t╠ take a genius to figure out what those Aborigines are going to do next. Yes! Apply the skin whitening cream and take those loaves of bread.

Now imagine a group of Aborigines from another village visiting this village only to see a group of WHITE Aborigines sitting around idly and starving. Upon enquiry the White Aborigines tell their surprised fellow black Aborigines of how fortunate they are of becoming white and point out the Europeans who converted them to this new colour.

What do you think the reaction of the black Aborigines will be on seeing a group of fellow Aborigines claiming that they are SUPERIOR Aborigines merely on the basis of their colour? I am sure they would be angry at the Europeans for providing a ¤skin lightening creamË that has brought no material benefit to their fellow Aborigines but merely gave them a FALSE SENSE OF SUPERIORITY.[/color:c633c0e46e]

Similarly, I can appreciate the anger of the Hindus against the [b:c633c0e46e]Christian Missionary ¤PRICKSË sorry priests[/b:c633c0e46e].(but I will not condone the rioting and the bloodshed.)

These missionary priests feel that Christianity is a [b:c633c0e46e]SUPERIOR[/b:c633c0e46e] religion to all other religions. Their concern is not the material welfare of those poor downtrodden Hindus living in the ghettoes but the [color=blue:c633c0e46e][b:c633c0e46e]SALVATION OF THESE LOST SOULS.[/b:c633c0e46e][/color:c633c0e46e]

If the black Aborigine will feel that those Europeans are ¤DOGS ON THE LOOSEË, why is the Christian Missionary’s any more different from his European counterpart in my analogy.

Finally in conclusion I leave you with a humorous quote that say’s it all
Dillard Annie (1974) Pilgrim at Tinker Creek

I read about an Eskimo hunter who asked the local missionary priest, ╬If I did not know about God and sin, would I go to hell?╠ ╬No╠, said the priest, ╬not if you did not know╠. ╬Then why╠ asked the Eskimo earnestly ╬did you tell me╠.
Conclusion

PS. My apologies to using the word European in my analogy. It was not meant to be offensive to Europeans from Europe.

Signature 

Fayzal Mahamed,
Johannesburg, South Africa.

Posted: 03 June 2006 02:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-05-23

Hindu Riots against the Christian Missionary Priest

The Hindu Riots in India and the Christian Missionary “Pricks” sorry Priests  

Recently in India there have been riots between Hindus and Christians with Hindus claiming that Christian Missionaries have been bribing Hindus to covert to Christianity. The riots were so bad that it required the Pope to appeal to the Indian government to stop the bloodshed and even made the secular Indian government to consider legislation against conversions of this sort.

At first glance I thought “Here we go again” with another one of those ridiculous religious wars that seem so stupid and ignorant.

I initially thought that most of the blame should fall on the Hindus. Normally, Hindus have a very passive culture and religious beliefs. You will notice from history that when Muslims from neighboring states invaded the Indus valley centuries ago many Hindus converted to Islam because it was the religion of the rulers. This change or conversion was not marked by any major bloodshed.

So why are Hindus all of a sudden engaging in riots, not accepting that a person has the freedom to choose his or her religion, immaterial if that person was bribed to do so? I mean if the Hindu religious authorities were so aghast at those Hindu conversions than all they had to do in return was to bribe the converted back to Hinduism. This way at least the only persons who will benefit are the poor Hindu’s who will be showered with gifts to and fro. Good for them!

However a closer glance at this incidence will give you an understanding of the anger of the Hindus in regard to these conversions to Christianity. Allow me to elaborate with an analogy”“

Imagine if a community of Aborigines living a simple village life had a crop failure that resulted in children and elders dying of starvation. Imagine that all of a sudden a group of Europeans suddenly appeared in the village with loaves and loaves of bread bringing a short term relief to these villagers from starvation. However, together with this bread those Europeans also spread the message that they have a miracle skin lightening cream that will make the Aborigines the same as the Europeans in appearance with the promise of more bread to follow.

Now it won’t’ take a genius to figure out what those Aborigines are going to do next. Yes! Apply the skin whitening cream and take those loaves of bread.

Now imagine a group of Aborigines from another village visiting this village only to see a group of WHITE Aborigines sitting around idly and starving. Upon enquiry the White Aborigines tell their surprised fellow black Aborigines of how fortunate they are of becoming white and point out the Europeans who converted them to this new colour.

What do you think the reaction of the black Aborigines will be on seeing a group of fellow Aborigines claiming that they are SUPERIOR Aborigines merely on the basis of their colour? I am sure they would be angry at the Europeans for providing a “skin lightening cream” that has brought no material benefit to their fellow Aborigines but merely gave them a FALSE SENSE OF SUPERIORITY.

Similarly, I can appreciate the anger of the Hindus against the Christian Missionary “PRICKS” sorry priests.(but I will not condone the rioting and the bloodshed.)

These missionary priests feel that Christianity is a SUPERIOR religion to all other religions. Their concern is not the material welfare of those poor downtrodden Hindus living in the ghettoes but the SALVATION OF THESE LOST SOULS.

If the black Aborigine will feel that those Europeans are “DOGS ON THE LOOSE”, why is the Christian Missionary’s any more different from his European counterpart in my analogy.

Finally in conclusion I leave you with a humorous quote that say’s it all
Dillard Annie (1974) Pilgrim at Tinker Creek

I read about an Eskimo hunter who asked the local missionary priest, ‘If I did not know about God and sin, would I go to hell?’ ‘No’, said the priest, ‘not if you did not know’. ‘Then why’ asked the Eskimo earnestly ‘did you tell me’.
Conclusion

PS. My apologies to using the word European in my analogy. It was not meant to be offensive to Europeans from Europe.

Signature 

Fayzal Mahamed,

Posted: 11 June 2006 04:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  363
Joined  2006-02-23

Fayzal,
I think what the missionaries promise is an afterlife that rewards the convert instantly on death - a trip to heaven for all believers, no waiting for a trip through a series of reincarnations.

Anyway that is probably enough coming from a obviously wealthy stranger who guarantees a wonderful life in heaven after death if the fellow converts to Christianity. Who cares what the tenets are? Who cares that condoms aren’t permitted? etc. etc. Heaven is better than now and no re-runs of life on earth required.

I doubt the authorities could bribe the convert back given that reincarnation is a part of Hindu faith but whether or not they could, why are there riots against this

superior

religion’s missionaries and converts?

The rioters as is the norm in these sorts of cases (The riots in the ghettos when Martin Luther King was killed) only destroy the infrastructure in their neighborhoods and kill each other. What is gained by wrecking the little that they have? And what in this case - pray tell - since skin whitening cream isn’t handed out, is the thing that distinguishes the converts from the non-converts?

Yes - they should ask the missionary not to tell them. rolleyes

Jim

Signature 

Jimmie Keyes
Tavernier, FL
http://secularhumanism.meetup.com/1/
Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter. (MLK Jr.)

Posted: 11 June 2006 05:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-05-23

[quote author=“jimmiekeyes”]Fayzal,
I think what the missionaries promise is an afterlife that rewards the convert instantly on death - a trip to heaven for all believers, no waiting for a trip through a series of reincarnations.

Anyway that is probably enough coming from a obviously wealthy stranger who guarantees a wonderful life in heaven after death if the fellow converts to Christianity. Who cares what the tenets are? Who cares that condoms aren’t permitted? etc. etc. Heaven is better than now and no re-runs of life on earth required.

I doubt the authorities could bribe the convert back given that reincarnation is a part of Hindu faith but whether or not they could, why are there riots against this

superior

religion’s missionaries and converts?

The rioters as is the norm in these sorts of cases (The riots in the ghettos when Martin Luther King was killed) only destroy the infrastructure in their neighborhoods and kill each other. What is gained by wrecking the little that they have? And what in this case - pray tell - since skin whitening cream isn’t handed out, is the thing that distinguishes the converts from the non-converts?

Yes - they should ask the missionary not to tell them. rolleyes

Jim

Thanks for your response Jim.

I also agree with you that the riots are uncalled for and goes against the civil liberties of the individual Hindu who did convert to Christianity.

What I meant to highlight is the ethics the Missionary is using to convert the poor illiterate Hindu.

A little while back we had another famous Missionary, Mother Theressa, helping the Hindus in the slums of Calcutta trying to make the lives of the poor Hindu a better place to live in. We did not see Hindu riots taking place against her work even though she combined her Missionary work with her huminitarian aid.

I may have been against the message of Mother Theressa but I surely was not against her huminitarian effort and I certainly admired her for this effort.

I’ve just posted a new topic as an extension of this debate entitled “The Christian, Muslim, Jew Supremacist”. Please read through that posting and give me a comment.

Thanks.

Signature 

Fayzal Mahamed,

‹‹ Religion and Sports      Lioness 1, God 0 ››