2 of 2
DJ Grothe to head JREF (Merge)
Posted: 09 December 2009 06:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  30
Joined  2008-03-18

Hi DJ
a quick grin word of bon voyage - thank you so much for a great hosting on PoI, I really enjoyed your presence.  You did an excellent job which I really appreciate.  Very best wishes in your new posting - please leave a few links back here!!

Posted: 09 December 2009 08:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15370
Joined  2006-02-14
mckenzievmd - 09 December 2009 05:07 PM

Doug,

FYI, neither of your last two links to CFI/CSI seem to work for me, though I can eventually get to the content by poking around.

Argh. They must have changed the URLs slightly. I’ll see if I can modify them.

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 09 December 2009 08:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Administrator
Joined  2006-02-14

Well, I have no idea why my link to the blog post isn’t working. But as you say, it can be found easily. The title of Ron’s post is, “A Door Closing ... or Opening?”

Signature 

Doug

Posted: 09 December 2009 11:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2009-11-05

When will there be new podcast shows by Groethe, or whoever might be replacing him?

Those were terrific and are the reason I’m here. Those are about as good as Skeptics Guide to the Universe and that is high praise. (A good thing about his shows is that they were not campy, not overly cute, and had a very high signal to noise ratio.)

Thanks for whatever info people can provide!

smile

Yours,

Caleb

Posted: 10 December 2009 05:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Administrator
Joined  2006-02-14
Caleb - 09 December 2009 11:02 PM

When will there be new podcast shows by Groethe, or whoever might be replacing him?

Those were terrific and are the reason I’m here. Those are about as good as Skeptics Guide to the Universe and that is high praise. (A good thing about his shows is that they were not campy, not overly cute, and had a very high signal to noise ratio.)

Thanks for whatever info people can provide!

They are VERY high quality shows, Caleb, you’re absolutely right. I don’t have a specific answer, however the shows have tended to come out on a weekly basis, on Friday. With DJ’s move away from CFI’s central location in Buffalo, NY, several months back, they have been somewhat more erratic, with some longer gaps and then a bunch of shows at once. But I believe they are supposed to be weekly.

I believe DJ leaves for the JREF sometime around the first of January, so there should be a few more shows under his guidance. Then, we’ll have to see. I fully expect them to continue the same schedule as before.

Signature 

Doug

Posted: 19 December 2009 04:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Total Posts:  2423
Joined  2007-09-03
dougsmith - 07 December 2009 11:08 AM

Mentioned just now on Pharyngula’s blog, HERE. (Maybe it was publicized elsewhere, if so I missed it).

Phil Plait is moving to TV, Grothe will be taking over as JREF head.

On the JREF news HERE. It’s official.

I had somehow missed this until today when I was backtracking a comment by J.R. on global warming.

congratulations to D.J.—best wishes for success—

2 of 2