Censorship and the subversion of free speech on these forums
Posted: 15 December 2009 11:32 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  699
Joined  2008-10-26

Occam cut a post I made in response to the thread requested by the Christian to have an intelligent Christian discussion.  I was not very nice, but I quoted a number of people in some authority over time who though similarly to me, and then I said it was not a worthwhile process in my view, and I put together a book list of ten books for the person (Johnny), invited him to read them and then return to us to discuss what he had read.  I even marked the easier books for him.

Occan removed my post saying that it was the same as post #117 on the minaret thread and this is against the law.  Since the minaret posts number a maximum of 89, my post could not be 117.  So my post was removed by Occam because he doesn’t like it.  He is thus involved in censorship and interference of free speech.

I want a written apology from Occam placed where everyone can see it and a promise to maintain you position as regulated by the rules of this blog.

Has anyone else had a similar problem from Occam?  A while ago there were complain ts - perhaps he needs to be put in a green field and allowed out every now and again in SF when something is on that he cant mess up.

Posted: 16 December 2009 01:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Total Posts:  7641
Joined  2008-04-11

You did post the same thing in two threads, and it is against the rules, I have been censured for the same thing in the past.  So, Occam got the number wrong, but you did in fact post the same thing in two separate threads, I saw both of them, and that is the gist of the issue, not whether Occam or anyone else disagreed with your views. You should have removed one and explained why you removed it, or refer to it in the second thread.

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 16 December 2009 04:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  4615
Joined  2007-10-05

Posting the same content in multiple threads is against the rules. This post does not belong in the General Discussion forum, it belongs in the Issues and Complaints forum. Oh wait, I see you posted it there also. This thread should disappear soon, as it breaks two forum rules.

I am always a bit amused when people break the rules on a private forum then complain about censorship. Follow the rules and you won’t have a problem. It is really very simple.

Signature 

“In the beginning, God created the universe. This has made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.”
Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Posted: 16 December 2009 07:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  15300
Joined  2006-02-14

FYI: my response to the OP in this thread can be found HERE.

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 16 December 2009 12:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Total Posts:  2274
Joined  2007-07-05

have an intelligent Christian discussion.

???

I could see why someone called Occam could be utterly bewildered by such an oxymoron.  LOL

psik

Signature 

Fiziks is Fundamental