1 of 3
Dr. Len Horowitz’s Interpretation of the Natural Human [VIDEO]
Posted: 17 December 2009 03:24 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  21
Joined  2009-11-26

Kindly click on the following link to watch an amazing video:
Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4xefA8oj-E (He starts talking about Humanity after maybe 3 minutes)
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3So8FjlzQ6k

Signature 

“Seek truth in all of your senses, and compromise nothing for it; do this not for the sake of gaining, but for the sake of right not false motion.” By: Myself

“An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.” By: M.K. Gandhi

Posted: 17 December 2009 03:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  21
Joined  2009-11-26

I have to admit, I have never seen a man speak so boldly and so extremely sure of what he is stating. These are the reasons why I believe in love, faith, miracles, and most importantly spiritual energy. Through faith and belief we can accomplish this all, we can accomplish divine status, we can become truly and honestly close to god and in the real light, where even technological advancements will fail to insert any sort of darkness, but most importantly will fail to insert darkness in our heart, our soul, and our mind.

I close with the following quote:

God is not a religion, but a spiritual bond.

Signature 

“Seek truth in all of your senses, and compromise nothing for it; do this not for the sake of gaining, but for the sake of right not false motion.” By: Myself

“An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.” By: M.K. Gandhi

Posted: 17 December 2009 04:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15300
Joined  2006-02-14
rizzy - 17 December 2009 03:40 AM

I have to admit, I have never seen a man speak so boldly and so extremely sure of what he is stating. These are the reasons why I believe in love, faith, miracles, and most importantly spiritual energy. Through faith and belief we can accomplish this all, we can accomplish divine status, we can become truly and honestly close to god and in the real light, where even technological advancements will fail to insert any sort of darkness, but most importantly will fail to insert darkness in our heart, our soul, and our mind.

I close with the following quote:

God is not a religion, but a spiritual bond.

I have a lot of questions about the claims you make in this paragraph.

Certainty does not imply accuracy.

What is “spiritual energy”?
What do you mean by “divine status”?

Why do you imply that technological advancements “insert darkness in our heart, our soul, and our mind”?

What is our “soul”?

And what evidence do you provide that God exists at all?

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 17 December 2009 08:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  308
Joined  2009-11-30

The soul is the whole field of the human psyche, the conscious and the unconscious part of what constitutes self.
Not until the cessation of self, does the soul cease to be.

Spiritual energy, is anything that invigorates the soul to move in ways that is harmonious to the calling for self-realization, inherent in all conscious beings.

Signature 

“If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him.” -Voltaire
“It is error only, and not truth, that shrinks from inquiry.” - Thomas Paine
“It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.” - Carl Sagan
“It is not for him to pride himself who loveth his own country, but rather for him who loveth the whole world. The earth is but one country and mankind its citizens.” - Baha’u'llah

Posted: 17 December 2009 08:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
Joined  2006-02-14
WeeDie - 17 December 2009 08:00 AM

The soul is the whole field of the human psyche, the conscious and the unconscious part of what constitutes self.
Not until the cessation of self, does the soul cease to be.

So basically the soul is the mental operations of the brain. OK.

WeeDie - 17 December 2009 08:00 AM

Spiritual energy, is anything that invigorates the soul to move in ways that is harmonious to the calling for self-realization, inherent in all conscious beings.

So spiritual energy isn’t a kind of energy at all. It’s basically ideas that make you do things that are good for yourself.

I think a lot of this kind of spirituality-talk could be simplified and made clearer by a more accurate use of language.

Signature 

Doug

Posted: 17 December 2009 08:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Joined  2009-11-30

I would guess you’re not much for poetry doug.

It does not matter as much what makes you do things, as it matters what perception you take on doing.
The soul may be operations within the brain, but the revelation of the true nature of the body, and thus the brain, is also an embrace of mystery.

Signature 

“It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.” - Carl Sagan
“It is not for him to pride himself who loveth his own country, but rather for him who loveth the whole world. The earth is but one country and mankind its citizens.” - Baha’u'llah

Posted: 17 December 2009 09:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
Joined  2006-02-14
WeeDie - 17 December 2009 08:18 AM

I like poetry. But I don’t like people who mix up poetry and prose, and attempt to confuse, obscure or bamboozle with language. When talking prose, talk clearly.

The soul may be operations within the brain, but the revelation of the true nature of the body, and thus the brain, is also an embrace of mystery.

No, that’s not correct. The revelation of the true nature of the body is an extinguishing of mystery in favor of knowledge. Mystery only exists while the true nature of things lies unrevealed.

Signature 

Doug

Posted: 17 December 2009 10:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Joined  2009-11-30
dougsmith - 17 December 2009 09:41 AM

I like poetry. But I don’t like people who mix up poetry and prose, and attempt to confuse, obscure or bamboozle with language. When talking prose, talk clearly.

No, that’s not correct. The revelation of the true nature of the body is an extinguishing of mystery in favor of knowledge. Mystery only exists while the true nature of things lies unrevealed.

Not true, for a paradox acts upon what is in ways which cannot be reasoned or understood. Knowledge is an extrapolation of the self and the relative sphere of existence, but a very small part of what existence is as a whole. You look a the geometry of something and you think that explains it, but it explains not the truth about being and non-being, but the relationship between self and it’s surroundings according to a particular system of understanding. Such an understanding falls like a deck of cards when faced with the divine dimension.

Signature 

Posted: 17 December 2009 10:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Administrator
Joined  2006-02-14
WeeDie - 17 December 2009 10:14 AM

Not true, for a paradox acts upon what is in ways which cannot be reasoned or understood.

Er, I don’t think so.

A paradox is something which is both true and false at the same time, like the claim, “All Cretans are liars” said by a Cretan. If it’s true, it’s false and if it’s false, it’s true. Kurt Gödel came up with some interesting features of logic using similar sorts of paradoxical statements, translated appropriately.

But these don’t “act upon what is”, they are statements. And they can be reasoned about and understood, as I and Gödel have done.

Knowledge is an extrapolation of the self and the relative sphere of existence, but a very small part of what existence is as a whole.

That’s either banal or false. It’s banal to say that we will never know everything. It’s false to say that that implies that you somehow know something that humans won’t ever know.

The fact that we are and always will be ignorant of certain things implies nothing about the way the universe is, except that it includes some things that are beyond us. So what?

You look a the geometry of something and you think that explains it, but it explains not the truth about being and non-being, but the relationship between self and it’s surroundings according to a particular system of understanding. Such an understanding falls like a deck of cards when faced with the divine dimension.

Nonsense.

Signature 

Doug

Posted: 17 December 2009 10:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Joined  2009-11-30

While you seek relative perspectives, I seek absolute knowledge. Where the mind goes blank, I keep on looking. You dismiss it offhand as nonsense.

Signature 

Posted: 17 December 2009 11:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Total Posts:  5939
Joined  2006-12-20
rizzy - 17 December 2009 03:40 AM

I have to admit, I have never seen a man speak so boldly and so extremely sure of what he is stating. .

Here is another man who seems to be extremely sure of what he is saying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctIpUmJjkAs&feature=related

Stephen

Posted: 17 December 2009 11:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Administrator
Joined  2006-02-14
WeeDie - 17 December 2009 10:57 AM

While you seek relative perspectives, I seek absolute knowledge. Where the mind goes blank, I keep on looking. You dismiss it offhand as nonsense.

Well, let’s just say that I’m waiting for some evidence of this “absolute knowledge”.

Signature 

Doug

Posted: 17 December 2009 12:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Joined  2009-11-30

Perhaps you will have to adjust your method of investigation. You seem like an honest fellow; what happens when you fall asleep? Do you die, temporarily?

Signature 

Posted: 17 December 2009 12:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Administrator
Joined  2006-02-14
WeeDie - 17 December 2009 12:38 PM

Perhaps you will have to adjust your method of investigation. You seem like an honest fellow; what happens when you fall asleep? Do you die, temporarily?

Huh? No, I spend most of it in dreamless sleep, and dream as well. I don’t see what this has to do with “absolute knowledge” though. Surely you’re not implying that dreams give us “absolute knowledge” of anything.

(And frankly, not that I know what “absolute knowledge” means, anyhow).

Signature 

Doug

Posted: 17 December 2009 01:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Joined  2009-11-30

Well, I’m suggesting that there is something which remains, no matter if you’re sleeping or whether you’re awake. I wondered if you have discovered what it is.

Signature 

Posted: 17 December 2009 01:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Administrator
Joined  2006-02-14
WeeDie - 17 December 2009 01:00 PM

Well, I’m suggesting that there is something which remains, no matter if you’re sleeping or whether you’re awake. I wondered if you have discovered what it is.

I don’t know what you are talking about. Perhaps you can clarify things by saying what you are talking about, in clear terms rather than elliptical prose.

Signature 

Doug

1 of 3