Jehovah’s Witnesses
Posted: 12 June 2006 04:22 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  73
Joined  2006-04-10

I’ve never had a religious group canvass my neighborhood before. Anyway, this weekend, a guy came to my door and said that he was a Jehova’s Witness and they were inviting people to their church (some mass or event). I said that I wasn’t interested, and he immediately thanked me, turned around and left. I have to admit that I was slightly disappointed. That’s it? One "I’m not interested" and you’re going to let me off?

I don’t think I was looking for an argument. It’s just that I always hear about people in other parts of the country getting bombarded with religious types knocking at their door during dinner and not knowing when to leave. I thought at the very least I would have had the experience of talking to a real live Jehova’s Witness and seeing what he had to say. Oh well.
-tom "compains when not being preached to, for some reason" g.

Posted: 12 June 2006 04:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  73
Joined  2006-04-10

Jehovah’s Witnesses

I’ve never had a religious group canvass my neighborhood before. Anyway, this weekend, a guy came to my door and said that he was a Jehova’s Witness and they were inviting people to their church (some mass or event). I said that I wasn’t interested, and he immediately thanked me, turned around and left. I have to admit that I was slightly disappointed. That’s it? One “I’m not interested” and you’re going to let me off?

I don’t think I was looking for an argument. It’s just that I always hear about people in other parts of the country getting bombarded with religious types knocking at their door during dinner and not knowing when to leave. I thought at the very least I would have had the experience of talking to a real live Jehova’s Witness and seeing what he had to say. Oh well.
-tom “compains when not being preached to, for some reason” g.

Posted: 12 June 2006 05:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  268
Joined  2006-02-08

Re: Jehovah’s Witnesses

[quote author=“tom_g”]I’ve never had a religious group canvass my neighborhood before. Anyway, this weekend, a guy came to my door and said that he was a Jehova’s Witness and they were inviting people to their church (some mass or event). I said that I wasn’t interested, and he immediately thanked me, turned around and left. I have to admit that I was slightly disappointed. That’s it? One “I’m not interested” and you’re going to let me off?

-tom “compains when not being preached to, for some reason” g.

tom_g,
I used to be bothered a lot by “religious types” until I put a sign on my front door that says: “No Solicitations”. I haven’t been bothered since.
Bob

Posted: 12 June 2006 06:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15370
Joined  2006-02-14

How about a sign: “No Proselytizations”.

LOL

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 12 June 2006 11:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  268
Joined  2006-02-08

[quote author=“dougsmith”]How about a sign: “No Proselytizations”.

LOL

doug,
  That probably would work as well.
Bob