1 of 2
Psych! on USA Network
Posted: 29 December 2009 03:27 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2457
Joined  2008-06-03

For those of you who enjoy the show “Psych” on USA network, you will appreciate this really funny commercial for the show - the entire cast doing a rendition of the 1980’s song “Private Eyes, are watching you” complete with fake hair extensions for 1980’s hairdo on “Sean Spencer” the star.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8gup0kfcns

Occam suggested the show on the forum last year, and I’ve been hooked ever since - it is SO funny! The star plays a detective who, because of a juvenile arrest record and his immaturity, cannot be on the police force. Yet he is amazing in his detective abilities, because he was taught to be hyper-observant. So he pretends to be psychic and opens a fake “psychic detective agency.” He uses his observations to pretend to have “visions” and knowledge of the crime that police miss. Hilarity ensues.

Not only is it very funny, but it gives insight into how psychics fake their abilities. I highly recommend getting the series on Netflix starting in the beginning, but the latest season is on TV now, on USA. I just adore the two main characters, they are so funny.

And please, watch the commercial - too cute. If you’re familiar with the show’s characters, it will make you laugh! Look who’s playing drums - Lassiter!

Signature 

Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it’s a simple adventure story. Others can read the ingredients on a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe.    - Lex Luthor

Posted: 29 December 2009 08:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Total Posts:  5508
Joined  2006-10-22

I completely agree, Jules.  However, don’t forget Lassiter’s partner.  She may not contribute too much, but she is really cute. smile

Nice to see a very different side of Dule compared to his role as Charlie on The West Wing.

Occam

Posted: 29 December 2009 08:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Joined  2008-06-03

Yes, the character nick-named “Jules” is very pretty LOL It was nice to see her character mature over the seasons of the show. At the beginning, she appeared too young to play a detective, since then she has grown into the role. She is in real life, dating the star who plays “Sean Spencer” since 2006. What a cute real life couple.

Lassiter is an interesting character - During the first season I really didn’t care for him, and found him annoying. During the second season he really started to grow on me as they gave his character more depth. By the third season I found his character indispensable and charming in a goofy way. He reminds me of the actor Jude Law, with his good looks - except taller and slimmer, and more mature.

Signature 

Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it’s a simple adventure story. Others can read the ingredients on a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe.    - Lex Luthor

Posted: 30 December 2009 01:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Joined  2006-10-22

I agree about Lassiter.  He was written too uptight for the comedy in the first season.  As more human and kookie he fits in.  And we mustn’t forget Corbin Berensen.  I’ve enjoyed him ever since the Law Firm show about eight years ago.  Even got a kick when he played another Q in a Startrek TNG episode.

Occam

Posted: 30 December 2009 09:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Joined  2008-06-03

If you notice they have slipped a couple of jokes into the script, making fun of “L.A. Law” now and then. He is a great actor and is very funny in this role. Cybil Shepherd also did a fantastic job as his ex-wife.

I enjoy all the celebrity guests they bring on the show, and how they sometimes revise the theme song to fit the episode. This past season, they did the theme song in Hindi, for the “Bollywood Homicide” episode. Very cute. They’ve done it in Spanish for the episode where Sean stars in a telenovella (one of my favorite episodes, so funny) and recently “Boyz II Men” did the theme song A cappella for an episode where Gus meets up with his old college singing group.

Signature 

Posted: 30 December 2009 08:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Total Posts:  475
Joined  2008-03-08

I love this show. The “Jules” character is pretty, but “Spencer’s” girlfriend on the show (played by Rachel Leigh Cook) is that prettiest one on the show, I think.

Posted: 30 December 2009 09:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Joined  2008-06-03

Oh yes, Abigail. She is cute - a tiny little thing. Competes with Jules for Spencer’s affections. Creates tension and longing! Very necessary to the story.  cheese

Signature 

Posted: 26 January 2010 09:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2010-01-26

Thanks for posting that video, hilarious! This is one of my favourite shows…unfortunately since I’m not in the US I don’t get any channels that play it so I have to watch it on DVD boo!

Signature 

http://struckbyenlightning.wordpress.com

Posted: 27 January 2010 11:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Joined  2008-06-03

I wonder if you could watch it online? Some channels allow people to view full episodes on their website, after they’ve aired.

Yes it is a great show, each seasons seems to be a bigger budget and even funnier episodes. I love the guest stars, too.

Signature 

Posted: 30 January 2010 05:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  48
Joined  2010-01-28

Yes, I don’t know if their network posts it, but the most recent episodes are posted on Hulu. Too bad that means there are only a few available at any time ... I saw a few episodes last year and love the show, but I don’t have a tv now, so Hulu’s my go-to. But if you’re caught up, it’s great. smile

Signature 

His philosophy was a mixture of three famous schools—the Cynics, the Stoics and the Epicureans—and summed up all three of them in his famous phrase, ‘You can’t trust any bugger further than you can throw him, and there’s nothing you can do about it, so let’s have a drink.’ - Terry Pratchett

If my ideas had shapes, my head would hurt a lot more. - a professor who shall remain anonymous

Posted: 30 January 2010 07:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Total Posts:  475
Joined  2008-03-08
Jules - 27 January 2010 11:24 AM

I wonder if you could watch it online? Some channels allow people to view full episodes on their website, after they’ve aired.

Yes it is a great show, each seasons seems to be a bigger budget and even funnier episodes. I love the guest stars, too.

Yup, they post them on both the USA network website: http://www.usanetwork.com/series/psych/video/fullep/

And on Hulu

Posted: 24 February 2010 05:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Joined  2006-10-22

I was just turned on to another show which I had avoided even looking at because of the title.  “The Big Bang Theory” is far more clever and humorous than I had expected.  Although Sheldon, the main character is a bit extreme, I’ve known a few research chemists who come close to him.  You may want to check it out, Jules and Asanta.  It may take a couple of shows to get the background explanation of the characters.

Occam

Posted: 24 February 2010 06:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Joined  2008-06-03

You know Occam, someone at the office recommended that show last week. We were talking about geeky guys (I recommended that she stop dating “bad boys” that were always hurting her, and find herself a nice nerd! They’re great. cheese ) and she said “You’d love this show! It’s so funny, and I really like the actress that stars in it.” Because I haven’t seen the show, I wasn’t sure if geeky guys reminded her of the show because it’s about geeky guys, or because the viewing audience/fans are primarily geeky.

Signature 

Posted: 24 February 2010 06:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Joined  2008-06-03
Occam - 24 February 2010 05:35 PM

It may take a couple of shows to get the background explanation of the characters.

That is the nice part about being able to get an entire season of a show on DVD! You can start at the beginning. And if you don’t want to buy the DVDs, Netflix has TV shows too.  smile

Signature 

Posted: 24 February 2010 07:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Total Posts:  7661
Joined  2008-04-11
Occam - 24 February 2010 05:35 PM

I was just turned on to another show which I had avoided even looking at because of the title.  “The Big Bang Theory” is far more clever and humorous than I had expected.  Although Sheldon, the main character is a bit extreme, I’ve known a few research chemists who come close to him.  You may want to check it out, Jules and Asanta.  It may take a couple of shows to get the background explanation of the characters.

Occam

I’m way ahead of you, not only am I a big fan of the Big Bang Theory, I got my son hooked too! LOL ...especially since they included some smart women, instead of the dumb, but down to earth blonds.

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 25 February 2010 10:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Joined  2006-10-22

I haven’t been watching long enough to see them.  However, even though Penny is a waitress and not scientifically educated, they don’t portray her as dumb.  She’s down to earth and practical, but her reasoning is always valid.

Occam

1 of 2