3 of 7
Male genital mutilation
Posted: 12 January 2010 05:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4419
Joined  2008-08-14

I couldn’t agree more with McKenzie. This thread seems like it is devolving into an opportunity to overtly discuss the penis.

Signature 

Row row row your boat gently down the stream.  Merrily Merrily merrily merrily life is but a dream!

Posted: 12 January 2010 08:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Total Posts:  698
Joined  2007-10-14
VYAZMA - 12 January 2010 05:06 AM

This thread seems like it is devolving into an opportunity to overtly discuss the penis.

`
Hmm, yeah, that’s my biggest complaint about any discussion about female genital circumcision too…..all that ‘overt’ talk hurts offends my delicate sensibilities :)

`

Signature 

‘we are so fundamentally constituted of desire that we go on hearing music…...even though we know the band is gone and the stage is silent’

Posted: 12 January 2010 10:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Joined  2008-08-14
Axegrrl - 12 January 2010 08:32 AM

This thread seems like it is devolving into an opportunity to overtly discuss the penis.

`
Hmm, yeah, that’s my biggest complaint about any discussion about female genital circumcision too…..all that ‘overt’ talk hurts offends my delicate sensibilities smile

`

I always assume you have very delicate sensibilities, being Katherine Hepburn and all.  grin

Signature 

Row row row your boat gently down the stream.  Merrily Merrily merrily merrily life is but a dream!

Posted: 12 January 2010 11:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Total Posts:  6001
Joined  2009-02-26

I couldn’t agree more with McKenzie. This thread seems like it is devolving into an opportunity to overtly discuss the penis.

Lol. the title is Male genital mutilation. How can one avoid speaking of male (or female) genitalia?

If we were Ferengi, we’d be overtly discussing the sensitivity of earlobes.

Signature 

Art is the creation of that which evokes an emotional response, leading to thoughts of the noblest kind.
W4U

Posted: 12 January 2010 11:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Joined  2008-08-14
Write4U - 12 January 2010 11:12 AM

Lol. the title is Male genital mutilation. How can one avoid speaking of male (or female) genitalia?

Yeah I know, it’s the word mutilated that get me.  LOL

Signature 

Posted: 12 January 2010 11:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Total Posts:  6001
Joined  2009-02-26
VYAZMA - 12 January 2010 11:24 AM
Write4U - 12 January 2010 11:12 AM

Yeah I know, it’s the word mutilated that get me.  LOL

It is actually the correct term for cutting away part of the body. We just assign a more sinister implication to the term. I find it ironic that Theists who practice this religious covenant also insist that we are made in the image of god. I wonder if god is circumcised and if not, aren’t we committing a sin by altering (and somehow improving) god’s very image. From a naturalistic view, it took millions of years for humans to evolve into the way we are. What makes us think that any part of us (except maybe the appendix) is useless and must be discarded? Either way, it seems presumptuous for us to “fool” around with “mother nature” and natural fathers.

[ Edited: 12 January 2010 11:58 AM by Write4U ]
 Signature 

Art is the creation of that which evokes an emotional response, leading to thoughts of the noblest kind.
W4U

Posted: 12 January 2010 11:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Total Posts:  9292
Joined  2006-08-29

According to Mitchell and Webb, circumcision is one of God’s brilliant ideas.

Posted: 12 January 2010 01:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Total Posts:  2457
Joined  2008-06-03
George - 12 January 2010 11:50 AM

Maybe some guy with a painful non-retracting foreskin discovered the procedure and declared it a miracle of God that he was finally able to enjoy himself after years of pain.

Remember that old legend that foot binding began with an empress who had clubbed feet, and declared them in fashion? What if a king had a retraction problem, and so surgically corrected the problem, and then declared snipped peckers to be in fashion, sanctioned by god of course? Only the devil would wear a turtleneck, don’t you know?

Signature 

Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it’s a simple adventure story. Others can read the ingredients on a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe.    - Lex Luthor

Posted: 12 January 2010 01:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Total Posts:  9292
Joined  2006-08-29
Jules - 12 January 2010 01:28 PM
George - 12 January 2010 11:50 AM

Maybe some guy with a painful non-retracting foreskin discovered the procedure and declared it a miracle of God that he was finally able to enjoy himself after years of pain.

Remember that old legend that foot binding began with an empress who had clubbed feet, and declared them in fashion? What if a king had a retraction problem, and so surgically corrected the problem, and then declared snipped peckers to be in fashion, sanctioned by god of course? Only the devil would wear a turtleneck, don’t you know?

Yes, I have heard of similar myth about the origin of the Spanish lisp in letters C and Z, blaming it on a king who had a speech impairment. Most people are suckers for urban legends.

Posted: 12 January 2010 03:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Total Posts:  2457
Joined  2008-06-03

But urban legends are fun cheese

(Fun to research the story behind it, and explore why we think in such a way!)

Signature 

Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it’s a simple adventure story. Others can read the ingredients on a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe.    - Lex Luthor

Posted: 12 January 2010 07:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Total Posts:  5508
Joined  2006-10-22

No Axgrrl, I was definitely not talking about the female labia, which, I would imagine, are extremely sensitive.  I was talking about our oral lips which, while sensitive, have no protective covering, so have a thicker surface layer of dead protective cells.

Occam

Posted: 12 January 2010 11:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
Joined  2007-10-14
Occam - 12 January 2010 07:25 PM

No Axgrrl, I was definitely not talking about the female labia, which, I would imagine, are extremely sensitive.  I was talking about our oral lips which, while sensitive, have no protective covering, so have a thicker surface layer of dead protective cells.

Occam

ah! my apologies for misinterpreting!

Signature 

‘we are so fundamentally constituted of desire that we go on hearing music…...even though we know the band is gone and the stage is silent’

Posted: 13 January 2010 02:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
Joined  2007-10-14
VYAZMA - 12 January 2010 10:14 AM

I always assume you have very delicate sensibilities, being Katherine Hepburn and all.  :-)

`
Are you kidding?  you try handwashing Spencer Tracy’s underwear!

Combat doctors have nothing on me :)

`

Signature 

Posted: 13 January 2010 05:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Joined  2008-08-14
Axegrrl - 13 January 2010 02:16 AM
VYAZMA - 12 January 2010 10:14 AM

I always assume you have very delicate sensibilities, being Katherine Hepburn and all.  grin

`
Are you kidding?  you try handwashing Spencer Tracy’s underwear!

Combat doctors have nothing on me smile

`

Your Avatar/Profile Photo is Katherine Hepburn isn’t it? Forgive me if it isn’t. I always assumed it was, let’s get this cleared up once and for all so I know. grin

Signature 

Posted: 13 January 2010 09:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
Total Posts:  5508
Joined  2006-10-22

Axegrrl was joking.  Katherine Hepburn and Spencer Tracy acted together in many movies and had an ongoing affair.  He often played a crude apelike guy so his underwear would probably be pretty cruddy if those roles were reality. LOL

Occam

3 of 7