The Raelian Message
Posted: 16 June 2006 04:19 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2006-06-16

HUMAN SCIENTISTS FROM ANOTHER PLANET CREATED ALL LIFE ON EARTH USING DNA.

Traces of this epic masterpiece of creation can be found in all religious writings and traditions. It is to them that Moses, Jesus, Buddha and Mohammed referred. It is now time to welcome them.

WHAT HAPPENED?

On the 13th of December 1973, French journalist Rael was contacted by a visitor from another planet, and asked to establish an Embassy to welcome these people back to Earth.

The extra-terrestrial human being was a little over four feet tall, had long dark hair, almond shaped eyes, olive skin, and exuded harmony and humor. Rael recently described him by saying quite simply, "If he were to walk down a street in Japan, he would not even be noticed." In other words, they look like us, and we look like them. In fact, we were created "in their image" as explained in the Bible.

He told Rael that:

"We were the ones who designed all life on earth"
"You mistook us for gods"
"We were at the origin of your main religions"
"Now that you are mature enough to understand this,we would like to enter official contact through an embassy"

THE MESSAGES

The messages dictated to Rael explain that life on Earth is not the result of random evolution, nor the work of a supernatural ‘God’. It is a deliberate creation, using DNA, by a scientifically advanced people who made human beings literally "in their image"—what one can call "scientific creationism." References to these scientists and their work, as well as to their symbol of infinity, can be found in the ancient texts of many cultures. For example, in Genesis, the Biblical account of Creation, the word "Elohim" has been mistranslated as the singular word "God", but it is actually a plural word which means "those who came from the sky", and the singular is "Eloha" (also known as "Allah"). Indigenous cultures all over the world remember these "gods" who came from the sky, including natives of Africa (Dogon, Twa, etc.), America, Asia, Australia, and Europe.

Leaving our humanity to progress by itself, the Elohim nevertheless maintained contact with us via prophets including Buddha, Moses, Mohammed, etc., all specially chosen and educated by them. The role of the prophets was to progressively educate humanity through the Messages they taught, each adapted to the culture and level of understanding at the time. They were also to leave traces of the Elohim so that we would be able to recognize them as our Creators and fellow human beings when we had advanced enough scientifically to understand them. Jesus, whose father was an Eloha, was given the task of spreading these messages throughout the world in preparation for this crucial time in which we are now privileged to live: the predicted Age Of Revelation.

And most important of all, download and read the free e-book, "Intelligent Design - Message from the Designers" the book which will revolutionize your thinking, transform your life and which is already changing the world.

For more information visit http://www.rael.org and discover the truth about our origins.

Posted: 16 June 2006 04:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-06-16

The Raelian Message

HUMAN SCIENTISTS FROM ANOTHER PLANET CREATED ALL LIFE ON EARTH USING DNA.

Traces of this epic masterpiece of creation can be found in all religious writings and traditions. It is to them that Moses, Jesus, Buddha and Mohammed referred. It is now time to welcome them.

WHAT HAPPENED?

On the 13th of December 1973, French journalist Rael was contacted by a visitor from another planet, and asked to establish an Embassy to welcome these people back to Earth.

The extra-terrestrial human being was a little over four feet tall, had long dark hair, almond shaped eyes, olive skin, and exuded harmony and humor. Rael recently described him by saying quite simply, “If he were to walk down a street in Japan, he would not even be noticed.” In other words, they look like us, and we look like them. In fact, we were created “in their image” as explained in the Bible.

He told Rael that:

“We were the ones who designed all life on earth”
“You mistook us for gods”
“We were at the origin of your main religions”
“Now that you are mature enough to understand this,we would like to enter official contact through an embassy”

THE MESSAGES

The messages dictated to Rael explain that life on Earth is not the result of random evolution, nor the work of a supernatural ‘God’. It is a deliberate creation, using DNA, by a scientifically advanced people who made human beings literally “in their image”—what one can call “scientific creationism.” References to these scientists and their work, as well as to their symbol of infinity, can be found in the ancient texts of many cultures. For example, in Genesis, the Biblical account of Creation, the word “Elohim” has been mistranslated as the singular word “God”, but it is actually a plural word which means “those who came from the sky”, and the singular is “Eloha” (also known as “Allah”). Indigenous cultures all over the world remember these “gods” who came from the sky, including natives of Africa (Dogon, Twa, etc.), America, Asia, Australia, and Europe.

Leaving our humanity to progress by itself, the Elohim nevertheless maintained contact with us via prophets including Buddha, Moses, Mohammed, etc., all specially chosen and educated by them. The role of the prophets was to progressively educate humanity through the Messages they taught, each adapted to the culture and level of understanding at the time. They were also to leave traces of the Elohim so that we would be able to recognize them as our Creators and fellow human beings when we had advanced enough scientifically to understand them. Jesus, whose father was an Eloha, was given the task of spreading these messages throughout the world in preparation for this crucial time in which we are now privileged to live: the predicted Age Of Revelation.

And most important of all, download and read the free e-book, “Intelligent Design - Message from the Designers” the book which will revolutionize your thinking, transform your life and which is already changing the world.

For more information visit http://www.rael.org and discover the truth about our origins.

Posted: 16 June 2006 04:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15305
Joined  2006-02-14

Sorry, what is the evidence for this? I mean, apart from the word of this man Rael?

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 18 June 2006 02:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  81
Joined  2006-04-08

AHA!  Now it all makes sense.  Thanks for showing me the light.

Jayhox the newest Raelian

PS Where and when can I start sending money?

Posted: 21 June 2006 02:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Total Posts:  363
Joined  2006-02-23

I visited the website of the Raelians and looked at the profile posted by this individual.
I will treat this as advertising and delete it as spam unless there is an active discussion by this time tomorrow.
Jimmie

Signature 

Jimmie Keyes
Tavernier, FL
http://secularhumanism.meetup.com/1/
Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter. (MLK Jr.)

Posted: 23 June 2006 03:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-06-16
[quote author=“advocatus”]So who created the Elohim?

From the FAQ section of the Raelian Movement web site

Q. Who Created the Elohim?

A. If we believed in God, we might ask “Who created God”. If we believed in evolution and the “Big Bang” we might ask “where did this matter and energy come from that created the big-bang?”.For the Elohim, it is the same - they were created by people coming from the sky as were their creators. It’s an infinite cycle of life. One day scientists from earth will also go to another planet and populate it.

This and many more questions can be answered from http://www.rael.org by reading the summary, checking out the FAQ section and downloading the free e-book “Intelligent design: Message from the Designers”.

Posted: 23 June 2006 10:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
Joined  2006-02-14

Well, but why should we believe these fantasies? Their being part of a “FAQ” or free pamphlet doesn’t make them any more believable.

Or should we take the Lord of the Rings as fact as well?

:wink:

Signature 

Doug

Posted: 26 June 2006 02:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Total Posts:  908
Joined  2005-01-14

[quote author=“Raelian1”]If we believed in God, we might ask “Who created God”.

But “we” don’t believe in God—that’s the whole point!  “We” do continue to ask “where did this matter and energy come from?”, but “we” find it difficult to believe that the Big Bang simply spat out a string of fully formed intelligent beings!

Thank you for taking the time to answer the question, though.  I hope you don’t think I’m trying to make fun of you or your beliefs.

Posted: 03 July 2006 02:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Total Posts:  908
Joined  2005-01-14

Glancing over the FAQs, I see that the Raelians believe that all life on Earth was created by the Elohim “a few thousand years ago”.  That’s another thing I find difficult to accept, having been “blinded” by evolutionary science all these years.  wink

Posted: 16 April 2007 03:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2006-11-28

Just Discovered This Religion

Wow, I was doing some research on genetic counseling and I saw an article that mentioned Raelism so I decided to google it…. my, my, for science touting individuals they sure don’t seem to be following the scientific method.  It is all revelation based.  I wanted to know what my POI friends might have said about this new religion and I’m fascinated to see the initial post by a follower of Raelism.  Has anyone even heard of this cult outside of human cloning discussions?  Does anyone know of influential political leaders who espouse these views?

Posted: 17 April 2007 02:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  36
Joined  2006-11-22

Isn’t Elohim a(n) Elf character in JRR Tolken’s Similarian?

Signature 

“Truth persists, whether you believe it or not.”

Posted: 17 April 2007 02:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Administrator
Joined  2006-02-14

I believe Elohim is a Hebrew word for god or divine beings like angels.

Signature 

Doug

Posted: 17 April 2007 05:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  36
Joined  2006-11-22

If these scientists created mankind (earthlings) through thier own genetic manipulations, and are this intellegient, why then did they choose to reveal themselves to a(n) obscure french singer/songwriter/race car driver.  If they are wanting to share their story about creation and enlighten our human race, why not start with our scientists, i.e. NASA, or CERN, or The United Nations.  It seems to me this would be a better avenue in spreading their news.

Signature 

“Truth persists, whether you believe it or not.”

Posted: 17 April 2007 06:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Administrator
Joined  2006-02-14

Maybe they were in a hurry and he was the first guy they could find ...

LOL  LOL

Signature 

Doug

Posted: 17 April 2007 09:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Total Posts:  5508
Joined  2006-10-22

While it’s fun to kid about, this thread is pretty far afield of Secular Humanism.  I think what it shows is that like so many things one can’t dichotomize.  There’s no clear line between spam and non-spam.  This is sort of in the middle.  The discussion will probably die pretty quickly and the thread will slowly sink into the older pages.

Occam

Posted: 17 April 2007 02:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2006-11-28

Spam

It may not be about Secular Humanism, but it is about claims of the paranormal.  I think that this is an appropriate topic to discuss under the Paranormal heading, where this was posted.  Or maybe an administrator judiciously moved it here.  It is important to know what people are claiming in the name if science.