1 of 9
Pat Roberston is an evil scum
Posted: 13 January 2010 12:43 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4749
Joined  2007-10-05

Robertson on Haiti

Use the horizontal scroll bar to get to the six minute mark in the video, then try to not yell at your monitor.

You know, something happened a long time ago in Haiti, people may not want to talk about it. They were under the heel of the French, Napoleon the 3rd or whatever, and they got together and swore a pact to the Devil. They said “We will serve you if you’ll get us free from the French, and so the Devil said, “OK, it’s deal,” and so they kicked the French out, you know, the Haitians revolted and got temselves free. But ever since they have been cursed by one thing after another.

Robertson then goes on to compare Haiti with the Dominican Republic, and how the DR has tourist resorts and modern society because they did not make a deal with the Devil. The man is absolutely nuts.

Signature 

“In the beginning, God created the universe. This has made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.”
Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Posted: 13 January 2010 12:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Total Posts:  7664
Joined  2008-04-11

I have a cousin visiting Haiti right now, we haven’t heard anything from him since the earthquake. Robertson is worse than scum of the earth.

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 13 January 2010 01:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  15355
Joined  2006-02-14

Oh my gosh, very sorry to hear that, asanta. Terrible news, one more bit of terrible news in an ocean of it down there.

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 13 January 2010 01:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Joined  2007-10-05

I too am sorry to hear about that Asanta. I’ll keep you in my thoughts and hope your cousin is merely out of communication.

Signature 

“In the beginning, God created the universe. This has made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.”

Posted: 13 January 2010 02:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  150
Joined  2006-04-03

Likewise, Asanta.  Please know that we are thinking about you and your cousin.  As fotobits said, perhaps the lack of communication is just bc of the lack of working systems.

And, yes, Pat Robertson is an evil scum.  cool grin

Posted: 13 January 2010 02:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Joined  2008-04-11

Still no information as the projected number of deaths are increasing exponentially. I hope it turns out to be a grossly overestimated number the way they did after Katrina. I’ll let you know as soon as I hear something.
Meanwhile, evil scum doesn’t begin to describe Robertson, I’ve decided to add vile, and loathsome to the evil scum descriptor.  mad

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 13 January 2010 02:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Joined  2007-10-05

Y’all don’t even want to know what Rush Limbaugh had to say. Look it for yourself if you care. He is even more loathsome than Pat Robertson.

I’m holding out hope for your cousin Asanta.

Signature 

Posted: 13 January 2010 04:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Total Posts:  2457
Joined  2008-06-03

Hoping for the best Asanta. Hopefully it’s just a matter of communications being down!

AU released a statement on this Robertson B.S.

Americans United for Separation of Church and State today condemned TV preacher and Religious Right leader Pat Robertson for blaming the devastating earthquake in Haiti on the Haitian people’s alleged pact with Satan.

“Added Lynn, “I remain amazed that American political leaders continue to kowtow to Robertson when he spouts extremist rhetoric such as this.”

Signature 

Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it’s a simple adventure story. Others can read the ingredients on a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe.    - Lex Luthor

Posted: 13 January 2010 04:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Joined  2008-06-03
fotobits - 13 January 2010 02:53 PM

Y’all don’t even want to know what Rush Limbaugh had to say. Look it for yourself if you care. He is even more loathsome than Pat Robertson.

http://mediamatters.org/mmtv/201001130018

That is just unbelievable.

Signature 

Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it’s a simple adventure story. Others can read the ingredients on a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe.    - Lex Luthor

Posted: 13 January 2010 04:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Total Posts:  4447
Joined  2008-08-14
asanta - 13 January 2010 12:55 PM

I have a cousin visiting Haiti right now, we haven’t heard anything from him since the earthquake. Robertson is worse than scum of the earth.

Good luck Asanta-Hope for the best. I thought you might have gotten shaken up last week. That was North of you though, no?
Pat Robertson is Proof jesus never existed!

Signature 

Row row row your boat gently down the stream.  Merrily Merrily merrily merrily life is but a dream!

Posted: 13 January 2010 04:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  34
Joined  2008-09-29

The original link no longer contains the Pat Robertson comments, but Media Matters for America has it:
http://mediamatters.org/mmtv/201001130024
and as Jules noted, Rush Limbaugh’s comment is also there:
http://mediamatters.org/mmtv/201001130018

Posted: 13 January 2010 04:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Joined  2008-04-11
VYAZMA - 13 January 2010 04:36 PM
asanta - 13 January 2010 12:55 PM

Good luck Asanta-Hope for the best. I thought you might have gotten shaken up last week. That was North of you though, no?
Pat Robertson is Proof jesus never existed!

My house sits on bed rock on a hill (I checked before buying). We rare feel earthquakes that may even be felt a few blocks away. I do feel earthquakes originating in the Concord-Dublin area for some reason though. The Hayward fault runs withing 100 yards of my home….
I guess I’ll look to see Rush Limbaugh make Robertson seen a teeny bit less loathsome.

Signature 

Posted: 13 January 2010 05:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Joined  2008-08-14

It’s probably too late, but don’t look! I didn’t look at any of these clips. Why should I? I trust you guys and your reactions. Why would any of you want to see one second of these “people”?
The only way these scum live is through yours and everyones viewership.

Signature 

Row row row your boat gently down the stream.  Merrily Merrily merrily merrily life is but a dream!

Posted: 13 January 2010 05:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Joined  2008-06-03

According to Limbaugh, Obama only wants to help because they’re black, as it will increase his “black approval rating.” Also according to Limbaugh, we already send financial assistance to Haiti, so we shouldn’t do a thing to help.

Leave it to Limbaugh to turn it into something racist AND slam Obama for announcing he’ll HELP these people who have just lost an entire city! Apparently republicans just want Haitians to die, so we can stop sending our tax money there.

Signature 

Posted: 13 January 2010 05:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Joined  2008-08-14

Awhile ago I petitioned this forum about the dangers of letting any monkey with a microphone or a camera to broadcast. I was rebuked because of the preciousness of the 1st Amendment.
So seeing as how these “people” must have their freedoms, all you guys watching them, and commenting about them, and roiling over them is only adding to their success and their prevalence.
The fact that you say you are ardently against them is irrelevant. The detractors of these outlets are just as helpful as the supporters.
It creates the dichotomy, and the intra-personal dialogue that feeds the fire.
So I ask all of you to reconsider your views on the 1st amendment. Comes a time when “certain reforms come due”. Or not. This is just my 2 cents. grin

Signature 

Posted: 13 January 2010 06:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Joined  2008-06-03

Well, reading an article about what Robertson and Limbaugh said is different. It is not the same as to watch Robertson’s TV show directly or listen to Limbaugh’s radio show directly, which would be a form of supporting them by giving them viewers and listeners. If that concerns you. wink

I understand your concerns about what’s on air. But I feel too strongly about our rights of free speech, that it is a dangerous slippery slope. Or did you mean your previous conversation about “fair time” or “equal time” to opposing views? I might have missed some of that conversation, or don’t recall that far back.

[ Edited: 13 January 2010 06:05 PM by Jules ]
 Signature 

1 of 9