27 of 27
The Fine-Tuned Universe and the Multiverse ?
Posted: 15 June 2010 01:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 391 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5939
Joined  2006-12-20
GdB - 06 June 2010 06:59 AM

Stephen,

I will never be able to you explain that 1 = 1. You would react that one apple is different from one pear. You do not understand abstraction, and with that, you do not have an idea about concepts, words, proper names, references and modal logic.

All the best to you,

GdB

You simply haven’t explained your view and that is simply because you don’t understand it yourself.

I have no idea why you think the earth could have no moon, because you have no idea how the concept of contrary to fact possibilities relate to the universe. Objectively, which is the same as saying with perfect knowledge, the earth could not have no moon, in your view .

You don’t understand modal logic because again you don’t understand how contrary to fact possibilities fit with what “is.”

If we take the concept of gravity as an example, there is gravity our concept and something real and independent of us it relates to. But with these contrary to fact possibilities there is no such thing, in your view. So you can’t say what makes them true and you can’t say what makes it true that there are causes independent of human minds.

You’re stuck just about where I am, the only difference being you don’t even realise it.

Stephen

Posted: 15 June 2010 11:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 392 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4380
Joined  2007-08-31
StephenLawrence - 15 June 2010 01:11 PM

You’re stuck just about where I am, the only difference being you don’t even realise it.

If this thought makes you happy, I’ll let you think it.

GdB

Signature 

GdB

“The light is on, but there is nobody at home”

27 of 27