9 of 11
does anybody believe in ghosts?
Posted: 15 December 2010 03:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 121 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2010-12-14
dougsmith - 15 December 2010 03:08 PM

Though the blog wasn’t strictly selling anything, it was marketing to recruit clients for his services. So long as it doesn’t reappear, we’re OK.

Actually, my blog is not set up to market my services. i have a link to my website, letting people know who has the website.

I happen to have my own website, so if I was selling anything, or promoting my personal website, which I do have, I would have placed the blog on my personal website.

I made it a separate site because I wanted a site for informing people about psychic subjects, WITHOUT them having to buy anything. I wanted it to be purely informational.

So therefore, I think it is only fair that I am allowed to have a link to my blog, so that others who are not so questioning, can read less “skeptical” opinions.

I think that seems fair and balanced. But I am willing to abide by your rules. i am only in this forum because people have been nice to me, and allowed me to ask questions without be attacked for it.

i did not add my blog until today, because I was not sure I wanted people to know I believed in these things. But I decided to be true to my beliefs and add it.

So I asked to please be allowed to have my url to my site, the same as another person with their ideas, could have a link to their blog.

Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely,
Soul Searcher

Posted: 15 December 2010 03:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 122 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-12-14
dougsmith - 15 December 2010 02:52 PM
Soul Searcher - 15 December 2010 02:19 PM
Write4U - 15 December 2010 02:18 PM
George - 15 December 2010 01:33 PM

Beware, Soul Searcher is a spammer.

What’s he trying to sell?

I am not selling anything. I have a psychic blog, and nothing is for sale!

Your linked website, which I have now redacted, appears to me to be spam marketing material for your “psychic” readings and not a blog in any proper sense of the term. I’ll delete it from your Profile. Please do not reinstate it if you wish to avoid banning. Thanks.

I happen to have my own website, so if I was selling anything, or promoting my personal website, which I do have, I would have placed the blog on my personal website. smile My blog has hardly any visits to it at all! It strictly informational.

I have my profile on it so that people can know whose blog it is, and not think it some psychic phone line company.

I made it a separate site because I wanted a site for informing people about psychic subjects, WITHOUT them having to buy anything. I wanted it to be purely informational.

So therefore, I think it is only fair that I am allowed to have a link to my blog, so that others who are not so questioning, can read less “skeptical” opinions.

I think that seems fair and balanced. But I am willing to abide by your rules. i am only in this forum because people have been nice to me, and allowed me to ask questions without be attacked for it.

i did not add my blog until today, because I was not sure I wanted people to know I believed in these things. But I decided to be true to my beliefs and add it.

So I asked to please be allowed to have my url to my site, the same as another person with their ideas, could have a link to their blog.

Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely,
Soul Searcher

Posted: 15 December 2010 03:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 123 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-12-14

One last thing, If i was trying to promote my website, I would not have choose a website where 99% of the people are skeptics, in order to do that. I would have chosen a blog where 99% of the people are believers.

Please know I have good intentions being a part of this forum.

Posted: 15 December 2010 03:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 124 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15435
Joined  2006-02-14
Soul Searcher - 15 December 2010 03:27 PM

One last thing, If i was trying to promote my website, I would not have choose a website where 99% of the people are skeptics, in order to do that. I would have chosen a blog where 99% of the people are believers.

Please know I have good intentions being a part of this forum.

As I say, you’re welcome to stay so long as there’s no spamming. If you’re not here to spam, you have nothing to worry about.

Re. this website, I expect you’re smart enough to know that people come here who have legitimate questions about supposed psychic phenomena. Some might well be good fodder.

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 15 December 2010 04:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 125 ]
Total Posts:  3063
Joined  2010-04-26
Write4U - 15 December 2010 01:07 PM

But can you package that into a single enduring entity (ghost, soul) after death?

I can package anything into anything else through the power of imagination.  The same thing used to make ghosts.

Signature 

“In the end nature is horrific and teaches us nothing.” -Mutual of Omicron

Posted: 15 December 2010 06:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 126 ]
Total Posts:  9301
Joined  2006-08-29
Mriana - 15 December 2010 02:56 PM

I looked at his blog and he’s not selling anything.  George, I really think it best not to accuse others unless you are sure of something.

Read his posts, Mriana, he is evidently not interested in a discussion. If he is charging money for his “psychic” services, can be hard to tell. Don’t forget televangelists don’t usually sell anything either (except for the small donation here and there), and a drug dealer will often give the first dose for free. Snake-oil vendors don’t need to be treated with respect, IMO.

Posted: 15 December 2010 07:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 127 ]
Total Posts:  6166
Joined  2009-02-26
Dead Monky - 15 December 2010 04:02 PM
Write4U - 15 December 2010 01:07 PM

But can you package that into a single enduring entity (ghost, soul) after death?

I can package anything into anything else through the power of imagination.  The same thing used to make ghosts.

Of course any perception is personal.
But could it be a little more complicated than that?  The legacies of great or influential persons as Einstein, Gandhi, Jesus, Hitler, etc. are remembered in toto. The mere mention of their names does indeed evoke an image (ghost) and an emotional response often shared by several others present.

Signature 

Art is the creation of that which evokes an emotional response, leading to thoughts of the noblest kind.
W4U

Posted: 16 December 2010 12:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 128 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-12-14

This forum is not worth all the hassle for me. I appreciate your kind words (whoever is the administrator), but what I felt as kindness and tolerance when I entered, has started to feel like pettiness, judgmental people, lack of tolerance for people who do think differently than they do, and by the way, dead monky, you’re a [Deleted nastiness.  Final warning here, Soul Searcher.  dougsmith—Admin]

Best of luck to everyone.

Soul Searcher

[ Edited: 16 December 2010 04:41 AM by dougsmith ]

Posted: 16 December 2010 05:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 129 ]
Total Posts:  1332
Joined  2010-06-07
Soul Searcher - 14 December 2010 12:58 PM

Has anyone read any of Raymond Moody’s books. The one called Life After Life? It is very interesting that he interviewed over 150 people who were pronounced dead, and all they had some similar experiences.

I do know that science has proven that our bodies are made of energy. Einstein even said that energy does not dissipate, but it changes form. So where does the energy in our bodies go after death?

I personally believe that this is part of t he soul. I would be very interested in hearing other people’s ideas on this.

Soul is a rather abstract idea that is supposed to refer to the essence of what make an individual self-aware and makes them an independent personality. You can believe there exists an immaterial aspect to to you, however their is no scientific support for it and this immaterial essence is not necessary to explain anything observed in nature.

I’ve never had any NDE but I’ve had OBEs and they have seemed as real as anything I have experienced.

What happens in life/reality I can explain. I can justify accepting the reality provide a reasonable argument that such experiences can occur provide scientifically backed explanations for natural, normal events.

I cannot provide a rational, scientific explanation for some of the things I have experienced for myself. These experiences are real to me and form part of the structure of what I personally believe. However I can’t have any expectation of anyone else accepting these experiences have any reality if I can’t scientifically justify/explain the event.

I accept that people experience what seems to them very real events. However without scientific justification there is no where to go beyond creative imagination and speculation.

Posted: 16 December 2010 06:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 130 ]
Joined  2010-06-07
Soul Searcher - 16 December 2010 12:57 AM

This forum is not worth all the hassle for me. I appreciate your kind words (whoever is the administrator), but what I felt as kindness and tolerance when I entered, has started to feel like pettiness, judgmental people, lack of tolerance for people who do think differently than they do, and by the way, dead monky, you’re a [Deleted nastiness.  Final warning here, Soul Searcher.  dougsmith—Admin]

Best of luck to everyone.

Soul Searcher

If you decide to stick around, you might want to keep in mind a critical response sometimes might come across unintentionally as a personal attack. Words don’t always convey fully the thoughts behind them.

Besides on a forum, people usually really don’t know you personally. They only know you through what you post. People maybe critical of what you post but there is IMO no good reason to take any of it personally.

Posted: 17 December 2010 08:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 131 ]
Total Posts:  983
Joined  2005-01-14
Soul Searcher - 15 December 2010 01:24 PM

I find this very interesting, what you write about eating food to get more energy. Now you have me curious to learn more about this energy. I really appreciate everyones kind feedback and opinions, and not treating me like an idiot. It encourages me to learn more. So thank you. More questions to come. smile

Er… you didn’t know that living things have to eat food in order to get energy?  Even the electrical fields in the brain are generated using elements out of the food we eat.  To me, that’s one of the major stumbing blocks to believing in ghosts.  Where does the energy come from to keep them going?  You see energy may not be destroyed when we use it, but it dissipates into the universe.  The useful work (or information) we can get out of it vanishes over time.  That’s the second law of thermodynamics.

Posted: 17 December 2010 11:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 132 ]
Joined  2010-06-07
advocatus - 17 December 2010 08:07 AM
Soul Searcher - 15 December 2010 01:24 PM

I find this very interesting, what you write about eating food to get more energy. Now you have me curious to learn more about this energy. I really appreciate everyones kind feedback and opinions, and not treating me like an idiot. It encourages me to learn more. So thank you. More questions to come. smile

Er… you didn’t know that living things have to eat food in order to get energy?  Even the electrical fields in the brain are generated using elements out of the food we eat.  To me, that’s one of the major stumbing blocks to believing in ghosts.  Where does the energy come from to keep them going?  You see energy may not be destroyed when we use it, but it dissipates into the universe.  The useful work (or information) we can get out of it vanishes over time.  That’s the second law of thermodynamics.

You never watch “Ghost Hunters”?

Ghosts use ambient heat energy to manifest. They use digital thermometers to look for unexplainable “cold spots” under the assumption “spirits” leave these cold spots after manifesting.

Just don’t ask for any scientific proof of this.

Posted: 17 December 2010 11:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 133 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-12-14

Belive it or not, I have actually been to a ghost hunt with a group of ghost hunters, and the guy in the group had an infa-red camera, and I was actually able to watch an orb moving around in the corner. To me, that was interesting. Not sure what people who are more skeptical would say was the cause of it.

But I believed it to be some kind of energy field.

Posted: 17 December 2010 11:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 134 ]
Total Posts:  9301
Joined  2006-08-29
Soul Searcher - 17 December 2010 11:21 AM

Not sure what people who are more skeptical would say was the cause of it.

Could have been the holy ghost looking for some hankey-pankey action.

Posted: 17 December 2010 01:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 135 ]
Joined  2010-06-07
Soul Searcher - 17 December 2010 11:21 AM

Belive it or not, I have actually been to a ghost hunt with a group of ghost hunters, and the guy in the group had an infa-red camera, and I was actually able to watch an orb moving around in the corner. To me, that was interesting. Not sure what people who are more skeptical would say was the cause of it.

But I believed it to be some kind of energy field.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOtADMKa94o&feature=related

Usually orbs are explained as dust particles.
Sorry I have no experience with infra-red equipment. Can’t really afford to invest as a hobby however the best thing I think would be to get your own camera and see if you can do experiments to duplicate what you saw.

9 of 11

‹‹ Do Fish Feel Pain?      Criminal Profiling ››