Posted: 07 February 2010 04:54 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2457
Joined  2008-06-03

Anyone see this trailer? Just saw it at the beginning of the Super Bowl. Looks awesome. M. Night Shyamalan is doing the movie - interesting choice.

Here is the movie website http://www.thelastairbendermovie.com/ You can see the Super Bowl trailer here. (Warning, link does not allow page back - for easier navigating, right click and then choose “open in new window”)

I loved the cartoon series, I watched it with my son. For a cartoon, it was really deep. The live action film is not rated yet, I’m hoping it will be PG so I can take my kid to see it. If not, I’ll get a sitter and see it with my husband, as we’re both looking forward to it.

Signature 

Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it’s a simple adventure story. Others can read the ingredients on a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe.    - Lex Luthor

Posted: 12 February 2010 04:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Joined  2008-06-03

Another (different) Trailer out, still can’t wait to see it. Can it live up to the cartoon? We’ll see.

Surely someone else on the forum must have enjoyed the cartoon series, if only with their children.  cheese

Signature 

Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it’s a simple adventure story. Others can read the ingredients on a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe.    - Lex Luthor

Posted: 12 February 2010 07:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  5508
Joined  2006-10-22

Well, I used to watch cartoons with my daughter, but was it on 50 years ago (when she was six)?  LOL

Occam

Posted: 12 February 2010 09:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Joined  2008-06-03

Darn. I’ve no one on the forum to chat with about the show.  LOL

At least my hubby and kid are excited about the movie.  wink

Signature 

Posted: 13 February 2010 03:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Total Posts:  7684
Joined  2008-04-11

I don’t remember it at all!!! I must have been out of the country when it aired. Most places we lived did not have television. If it was not in the theater, we did not see it. I don’t believe I ever saw it. I do object though, when I go to a link and it doen’t allow you to page back. I feel hijacked! The first link you provided did that to me….

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 13 February 2010 05:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Joined  2008-06-03

Sorry about the link not allowing page-back. I always use right-click then choose “open in new tab” or “open in new window” so I did not know about the problem.

Signature 

Posted: 13 February 2010 12:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Total Posts:  7684
Joined  2008-04-11
Jules - 13 February 2010 05:29 AM

Sorry about the link not allowing page-back. I always use right-click then choose “open in new tab” or “open in new window” so I did not know about the problem.

Good idea, I’ll do that from now on (I learn something new every day!).

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 26 April 2010 11:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Total Posts:  3063
Joined  2010-04-26

I watch the show.  And I have no kids.  What can I say?  I’m a dork.

Signature 

“In the end nature is horrific and teaches us nothing.” -Mutual of Omicron

Posted: 26 April 2010 12:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Joined  2008-06-03

It is a neat show for adults as well. A lot of underlying themes on war and society.

Signature 

Posted: 27 April 2010 04:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  35
Joined  2008-10-10

I’m a bit worried that Shyamalan is doing it…

Posted: 27 April 2010 05:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Joined  2008-06-03

Worried he might turn it into some weird plant movie?  LOL

Signature 

Posted: 28 April 2010 11:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Total Posts:  3063
Joined  2010-04-26

Tell me about it.  Shyamalan couldn’t direct his way out of a paper sack.  He’ll probably work in some retarded ass and contrived ending.  Like it all took place in the imagination of a toaster or something.

Signature 

“In the end nature is horrific and teaches us nothing.” -Mutual of Omicron

Posted: 17 May 2010 06:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2010-05-17
kevinator815 - 27 April 2010 04:12 PM

I’m a bit worried that Shyamalan is doing it…

I loved the trailer and really was looking forward to watching it until I saw his name and said forget about it….