1 of 4
what happened to this morning’s spammer? (Merged)
Posted: 11 February 2010 06:28 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  158
Joined  2010-01-03

This morning I checked this forum and was surprised to see that someone by the name of atheistapocalypse or something like that, had posted 5 identical rants with very biased anti-atheistic rhetoric.  Seeing as I was in a hurry I didn’t really have too much time to gaze at the content.  In short, where did it go? 
Just curious.

PS - I was amused by the tactic.

Signature 

I live in a world of lighthouses. However, my friends are living in sunny tranquility.

Posted: 11 February 2010 06:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4050
Joined  2006-11-28

That nut is a previously banned member who regularly reappears to post the same nonsensical graffitti. Please notify the mods or admin if you see one of his posts so we can keep them from cluttering up the forum.

Signature 

The SkeptVet
The SkeptVet Blog
Militant Agnostic: I don’t know, and neither do you!

Posted: 11 February 2010 06:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  158
Joined  2010-01-03

does he/she have other monikers?

Signature 

I live in a world of lighthouses. However, my friends are living in sunny tranquility.

Posted: 11 February 2010 07:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  4050
Joined  2006-11-28

Lots, but he always posts the same stuff so it’s easy to recognize.

Signature 

The SkeptVet
The SkeptVet Blog
Militant Agnostic: I don’t know, and neither do you!

Posted: 11 February 2010 08:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Total Posts:  7641
Joined  2008-04-11

He goes by the moniker of ‘David Mabus’ but his real name is Dennis something or the other. He is from Canada and is infamous on the skeptic boards. I was listening to a new (to me) archive of a skeptic podcast from the 1990’s and they mentioned him. Everyone was familiar with him even then. He posted some threats against PZ Myers some time ago, and he took them to the police and got a restraining order. He also harassed the JREF forum for some time, attempting to claim the million dollar prize her was “cheated out of”.

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 12 February 2010 11:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Total Posts:  441
Joined  2009-12-17

Good riddance.

Posted: 12 February 2010 12:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Total Posts:  438
Joined  2009-01-28

sheesh… glad i missed the fun.

Posted: 12 February 2010 02:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Joined  2008-04-11

Just google ‘David Mabus’ to get a hint of his notoriety. oh oh He appears to be a deeply disturbed individual.

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 12 February 2010 03:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Total Posts:  475
Joined  2008-03-08

The stupidity people are capable of is awesome.

Posted: 12 February 2010 05:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Total Posts:  765
Joined  2009-07-17

Dealing with people with real (and serious) mental illness is very difficult. I truly hope he gets the help he needs. Sadly, I doubt that will happen before he does something hurtful to someone.

Take care,

Derek

Signature 

“It is noble to be good; it is still nobler to teach others to be good—and less trouble.”—Mark Twain

Posted: 12 February 2010 07:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Joined  2008-04-11
harry canyon - 12 February 2010 05:00 PM

Dealing with people with real (and serious) mental illness is very difficult. I truly hope he gets the help he needs. Sadly, I doubt that will happen before he does something hurtful to someone.

Take care,

Derek

I was listening to archived podcasts for either the Atheist Experience or the Non-Prophets, and his name was brought up as a perinneal pest. I believe this podcast was from the early 1990s. He had been hard at work for a good while!!

Signature 

Posted: 12 February 2010 08:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Total Posts:  765
Joined  2009-07-17
asanta - 12 February 2010 07:38 PM
harry canyon - 12 February 2010 05:00 PM

Take care,

Derek

I was listening to archived podcasts for either the Atheist Experience or the Non-Prophets, and his name was brought up as a perinneal pest. I believe this podcast was from the early 1990s. He had been hard at work for a good while!!

Wow… Hopefully then he’s not dangerous ‘crazy’. smile

Take care,

Derek

Signature 

“It is noble to be good; it is still nobler to teach others to be good—and less trouble.”—Mark Twain

Posted: 12 February 2010 08:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Joined  2008-04-11

Dennis Marzuke is his real name, I suppose David Mabus is his most well know alter-ego. Apparently, he used to be a computer salesman, but his obsession with Nostradamas and the JREF challenge interfered with his job performance and he lost his job. He has become a full time spammer since, probably supported by disability payments from the Canadian govt. His posts are repetitive, and have the same themes; tirades against atheists, James Randi and about Nostradamas!

Signature 

Posted: 17 February 2011 02:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Total Posts:  338
Joined  2011-01-17

But can someone, anyone, shed any light on WHY he hates Henry the vacuum? Because it looks like an awesome vacuum. My daughter would love to have it.

Is it made by atheists for atheists?? Did his mother have an affair with one? Is Obama secretly a cute vacuum cleaner?

I am truly mystified. Is it a pop culture reference I am not getting?

If there is anything I simply cannot abide, it’s random appliance hate. Well, mostly I’m ambivalent about it.

Thanks,

C

PS: I realise I’d have better luck understanding the secret messages in alphabet soup, but I have to ask.

Signature 

“You can tell me that it’s gospel but I know that it’s only church.”

Tom Waits

“I take a simple view of life. It is keep your eyes open and get on with it.”

Laurence Sterne

Posted: 17 February 2011 10:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Total Posts:  5166
Joined  2010-06-16

Hey, B’s Mom, we in the lower fifty can’t understand the intricacies of the complex Canadian mind.  He’s a fellow Kanuck so it’s up to you to decipher his love/hate relationships with appliances.  LOL

Occam
=====
I just realized; the vacuum has eyes so he probably feels it’s watching and plotting against him.

[ Edited: 17 February 2011 10:23 AM by Occam. ]
 Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 17 February 2011 11:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Total Posts:  338
Joined  2011-01-17
Occam. - 17 February 2011 10:21 AM

Hey, B’s Mom, we in the lower fifty can’t understand the intricacies of the complex Canadian mind.  He’s a fellow Kanuck so it’s up to you to decipher his love/hate relationships with appliances.  LOL

Occam
=====
I just realized; the vacuum has eyes so he probably feels it’s watching and plotting against him.

I would like to continue this discussion with you, Occam, but I’ve just had a fight with my hand mixer and it beat me. I didn’t realise I was at such whisk before. Canadian appliances are altogether evil.  shock

C

[ Edited: 17 February 2011 11:18 AM by Bees Mom ]
 Signature 

“You can tell me that it’s gospel but I know that it’s only church.”

Tom Waits

“I take a simple view of life. It is keep your eyes open and get on with it.”

Laurence Sterne

1 of 4