2 of 2
Ideas for Podcast/Forum Integration?
Posted: 21 February 2010 11:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9283
Joined  2006-08-29
Jackson - 21 February 2010 11:01 AM
George - 21 February 2010 10:14 AM

I have never listened to the Skeptic’s Guide podcast before but that sounds like a very good idea.

BTW, does anyone know what David had to do with music? What is Cohen talking about?

This an allusion to the old testament King David {you probably knew that much}
“cultural literacy” encourages us to know about the stories of King David—“David and Goliath”, “David and Bathsheba”, etc.

This BBC link has a pretty good well-rounded discussion.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/7787355.stm

Ahh, I see:

“We kick off in the Book of Samuel with David who is, as well as a nifty fighter, a mean harpist. His ‘secret chord’ that ‘pleased the Lord’ is enough to release an evil spirit from Saul, the man he is shortly to succeed as king.”

Thanks, Jackson!  grin Damn, should have saved that question for the next biblical scholar guest on PoI.  smile

Posted: 22 February 2010 10:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Joined  2006-08-29

Chris,

Just wondering if it is possible to make an announcement on the next PoI telling the audience that they can now visit our forum with a question for the next guest. Thanks.

Posted: 22 February 2010 11:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Total Posts:  7641
Joined  2008-04-11
George - 17 February 2010 08:09 AM

These are all very good ideas, Doug. But how about instead of linking the podcast to the the forum you reverse it? Why doesn’t Chris announce the topic and the guest for the following week in advance, we’ll get a chance to discuss it here first, and perhaps have the guest answer a question or two from one of the “forumites.” (Asked by Chris, of course.) And to add to everybody’s excitement, Chris could even announce the name of the person who asked the question or made the comment.

George, I really like your idea. I see Chris has already implemented your idea. I like the idea that I can go to the thread, read the questions, comments and do some research before listening to the podcast on subjects I know little about. It will make the upcoming podcast much more interesting! grin

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 23 February 2010 04:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  15305
Joined  2006-02-14

Yep, thanks George.

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 23 February 2010 08:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Joined  2006-08-29

Hopefully some of the people coming here with a question for PoI visit our other fora and stay awhile.

2 of 2