Hello from WNY
Posted: 23 June 2006 09:55 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2006-06-23

Just want to introduce myself very briefly. I don’t have any amazing deconversion story or anything to keep you reading, sorry. smile I consider myself an atheist, in the common sense of just not having a belief in any kind of god. This has probably been the case my whole life, although for the first 25 years or so of my life, it was never really anything I spent any time thinking about. Perhaps this is due to being from Sweden originally. Living in the US the past decade is what has made me consider my thoughts on the matter a bit more. Although I probably couldn’t outwit a brick wall in a debate, I’m quite comfortable with my own worldview, which is reinforced by the daily advancements in scientific discovery.

Finally, probably due to some weird alignment of the planets, I work just a stone’s throw from the CFI center in Amherst.

Posted: 23 June 2006 09:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-06-23

Hello from WNY

Just want to introduce myself very briefly. I don’t have any amazing deconversion story or anything to keep you reading, sorry. smile I consider myself an atheist, in the common sense of just not having a belief in any kind of god. This has probably been the case my whole life, although for the first 25 years or so of my life, it was never really anything I spent any time thinking about. Perhaps this is due to being from Sweden originally. Living in the US the past decade is what has made me consider my thoughts on the matter a bit more. Although I probably couldn’t outwit a brick wall in a debate, I’m quite comfortable with my own worldview, which is reinforced by the daily advancements in scientific discovery.

Finally, probably due to some weird alignment of the planets, I work just a stone’s throw from the CFI center in Amherst.

Posted: 23 June 2006 10:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15370
Joined  2006-02-14

Excellent! Welcome. I’ve never been to Amherst myself, but I’m sure if you rang them up you could get some interesting contacts there.

Never been to Sweden, but it’s on my list of places I’d love to visit!

:wink:

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 02 July 2006 04:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  47
Joined  2006-03-29

Hi Chamaeleon

I consider myself luckytobealive. I’m also considered to be “misguided” by some on this site.

You wrote; “Finally, probably due to some weird alignment of the planets, I work just a stone’s throw from the CFI center in Amherst.”

Do you believe in astrology?

Peace.

Signature 

The sound made of a tree falling when no one is there….. is Thought Adjusted.

Posted: 02 July 2006 10:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15370
Joined  2006-02-14
[quote author=“CoyoteSon”]Do you believe in astrology?

I don’t want to jump to conclusions here, but I think he was being ironic ...

:wink:

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 02 July 2006 03:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-03-29

Dougsmith wrote “I don’t want to jump to conclusions here, but I think he was being ironic ...”

I think what’s really ironic is the definition of moderator and someone’s inability to remain an objective critic…...

Peace rolleyes

Signature 

Posted: 02 July 2006 04:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-06-23

Doug pretty much got it. I was being somewhat ironic, although the gist o the sentence wasn’t to invoke anything mystical about my closeness to the center. Just wanted to put a funny end to my message. *shrug* I have no interest whatsoever in astrology.

Posted: 03 July 2006 06:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-03-29

Hi Dougsmith

Irony abounds everywhere.

:twisted: Peace.

Signature