True Morality
Posted: 03 March 2010 01:01 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  90
Joined  2010-03-03

Right can be defined as moral and wrong can be defined as immoral.  We can never agree on what moral and immoral are.  This is all so subjective.  We can see no objective truth out there that shows us what is moral.  It is just so much opinion.  The God idea becomes just so much “my dog is bigger than your dog” Religions can’t agree on what is moral/immoral.  They insist there has to be an absolute truth.  Truth cannot be relative they say.  Here is another way to look at it. 

Put aside moral and immoral for a minute.  Right is what is true and wrong is what is false.  Perhaps true is moral and false is immoral.  This is more like a math equation than some Godly authority telling us we are all sinners.  Interestingly, we can have an “absolute truth” notion with this line of thought.  Absolute truth is what actually happened as opposed to some deception about what happened.  Truth is absolute and it will not go away.  Truth is everywhere and has all power.  It can even be thought of as all knowing.  Funny thing about truth, it is not a person or a God.  Truth is what we do and what we did.  Truth won’t go away.  Truth inevitably is accepted or fought against.  Fighting against truth is called denial.  So was something immoral?  Who cares?  I am not judging at all if it is immoral.  It is true or it is false.  It happened or it did not happen.  We don’t have to judge any more.  Now, why not love and forgiveness instead of judgment and hatred.  We don’t need to know what someone else did.  They know what they did.

Posted: 03 March 2010 04:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  731
Joined  2007-06-20

Hello stevenlchilds, welcome to the forum.  You said quite a bit about truth.  It can be a controversial topic.  (I know, seems strange that.)  Do you subscribe to a any of the major theories of truth?

[ Edited: 03 March 2010 04:07 PM by the PC apeman ]
 Signature 

PC

Posted: 03 March 2010 05:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  90
Joined  2010-03-03

We are in an inquiry to determine what truth is.  It appears to be paradox.  Thank you.  What others think is not what I follow.  Here is what I think from a blog on my URL.  It is on my profile link.  There is either one God or no God. In other words, there is one cause of all that is or all that is has no cause. If there is one cause it is not us and therefore we are not God. God is therefore that which has no cause. We have a cause. Nothing caused God to be. Therefore God is not something. We are something. Therefore God is nothing. If God is then God would have all power because God is the cause of all that is. If God is nothing then nothing has all power. No individual can have all power. So it ends up the same either way. Don’t you think it is senseless to fight about whether there is a God or not? If all that is has no cause then nothing caused it. Does this mean all that is really isn’t? All that is is nothing at all. Or, all that is is God and has no independent reality of its own. The Buddha said all that is form is formless and that which is formless is the forms. What is is not. What is not is. Are you waking up yet?

Posted: 03 March 2010 07:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  2457
Joined  2008-06-03

That is sure some interesting stuff about demons and aliens on your blog, which you suggested we check out.

Signature 

Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it’s a simple adventure story. Others can read the ingredients on a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe.    - Lex Luthor

Posted: 04 March 2010 06:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Total Posts:  731
Joined  2007-06-20
stevenlchilds - 03 March 2010 05:23 PM

We are in an inquiry to determine what truth is.  It appears to be paradox.  Thank you.  What others think is not what I follow.  Here is what I think from a blog on my URL.  It is on my profile link.  There is either one God or no God. In other words, there is one cause of all that is or all that is has no cause. If there is one cause it is not us and therefore we are not God. God is therefore that which has no cause. We have a cause. Nothing caused God to be. Therefore God is not something. We are something. Therefore God is nothing. If God is then God would have all power because God is the cause of all that is. If God is nothing then nothing has all power. No individual can have all power. So it ends up the same either way. Don’t you think it is senseless to fight about whether there is a God or not?

Well, your reasoning is suspect but for this purpose I think I can agree with this conclusion anyway.  I don’t see what the question of a creator god or not has to do with truth in general or morality in general.  So let’s just omit the creator god question and focus on truth and its relation to morality.

If all that is has no cause then nothing caused it. Does this mean all that is really isn’t? All that is is nothing at all. Or, all that is is God and has no independent reality of its own. The Buddha said all that is form is formless and that which is formless is the forms. What is is not. What is not is. Are you waking up yet?

No, actually.  This sort of A and ~A thinking tends to make me weary.  I don’t see how we achieve anything if every conclusion we make can also be negated.  You seem to have sabotaged your goals here.

Signature 

PC