CFI News Blog: commenting
Posted: 11 March 2010 10:37 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2010-03-11

Hello, I just wanted suggest that commenting be added to the blog items in the official news feed.  Thanks.

Posted: 11 March 2010 11:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15368
Joined  2006-02-14

It’s a good idea, anthonzi, but likely would take a good deal of recoding to get done, and then would need some significant overhead to police the comments for spam, trolls, etc. Which is to say, it would certainly take awhile to implement properly. Meanwhile do feel free to open up threads on items in the news feed here on the Forum if you like. You can just put a link to the feed item in your OP.

And welcome to the CFI Forum!

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 11 March 2010 11:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-03-11
dougsmith - 11 March 2010 11:07 AM

Meanwhile do feel free to open up threads on items in the news feed here on the Forum if you like. You can just put a link to the feed item in your OP.

And welcome to the CFI Forum!

I certainly will do that if I think it merits larger discussion smile  And thank you haha.

Posted: 11 March 2010 07:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  5508
Joined  2006-10-22

Boy, if this doesn’t demonstrate that I’m an old, out-of-date fud.  I read Anthonzi’s words and Doug’s response, but I don’t have any idea of what they’re talking about.  Could either of you explain a bit of it because it sounds interesting even though arcane.  smile

Occam

Posted: 11 March 2010 09:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  15368
Joined  2006-02-14
Occam - 11 March 2010 07:37 PM

Boy, if this doesn’t demonstrate that I’m an old, out-of-date fud.  I read Anthonzi’s words and Doug’s response, but I don’t have any idea of what they’re talking about.  Could either of you explain a bit of it because it sounds interesting even though arcane.  smile

Well, the words “news feed” in the OP are a link, to the CFI news items. I think anthonzi was hoping that they’d allow commenting on the news items just like they do for blog posts.

As I say, it’s a good idea in the abstract, but knowing how slowly the gears move around here with site updates, I wouldn’t be holding my breath. In the meanwhile we can discuss any particular news item just as easily here on the Forum ...

wink

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 12 March 2010 01:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-03-11

I just thought it would be helpful if people could post commentary on the news items that appear on the front page :D

I helps the community to discuss current events or rally around a cause.

For example: http://richarddawkins.net/articles/5237#468798

Not that I’d want you to follow RD.net’s example religiously…  downer

EDIT: And I have no expectation that anyone will act on the suggestion anytime soon lol.  I’m just throwing it out there.