Clash of the Titans Remake
Posted: 15 March 2010 06:39 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2457
Joined  2008-06-03

Trailer HERE. It’s a lengthy trailer, takes a minute to load. But it’s pretty action packed.

I can’t wait to see it. I loved watching the original as a kid with my Dad - the “Saturday Afternoon Movie” it was on at least once a year.

My only nitpick so far - I don’t see Bubo! I will be so disappointed if there is no Bubo the owl.

Signature 

Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it’s a simple adventure story. Others can read the ingredients on a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe.    - Lex Luthor

Posted: 15 March 2010 07:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Total Posts:  9283
Joined  2006-08-29

My wife took our kids to see it last night. They loved it!

How do you look at Medusa in the 21th century? Through an iphone!  LOL

Posted: 15 March 2010 07:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Joined  2008-06-03

George I think that is the other movie, Percy Jackson and the Olympians.  wink  (Which was great, by the way, saw it with my kid a couple weeks ago!)

The Clash of the Titans movie is also about the ancient gods, but is more adult and violent.

Signature 

Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it’s a simple adventure story. Others can read the ingredients on a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe.    - Lex Luthor

Posted: 16 March 2010 03:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  258
Joined  2010-02-28

Well, I’m kinda looking forward to it. Loved the old stop-motion classics by Harryhausen so keen to see how they can be updated with CGI.

Signature 

http://watchingthedeniers.wordpress.com/

Posted: 16 March 2010 06:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Joined  2006-08-29
Jules - 15 March 2010 07:14 PM

George I think that is the other movie, Percy Jackson and the Olympians.  wink  (Which was great, by the way, saw it with my kid a couple weeks ago!)

The Clash of the Titans movie is also about the ancient gods, but is more adult and violent.

Oh, I see.

Posted: 22 March 2010 12:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  35
Joined  2008-10-10

it looks so good! i cant wait to see it.

Posted: 01 April 2010 08:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Joined  2006-08-29

Finally got to see the preview: I think it looks horrible. And why on earth does Zeus have dark strait hair?

Posted: 01 April 2010 09:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Joined  2008-06-03

Awww that’s too bad you don’t like it George. As for Zeus’s hair… I have no idea. Maybe that’s the fashion this year?  LOL

I will always love the ORIGINAL Clash of the Titans stop-action movie - nothing can “replace” it completely for me. But I’m excited to see the new movie, to see what they’ve done with it. I think it’s worth an afternoon at the movies. My husband is looking forward to it, too - he loves movies with a lot of action and fight scenes.

Off topic, George are you taking the kids to see the “How to Train your Dragon” movie? I took my boy this weekend, and it was fun - very cute, and a lot of laughs. Great kids movie.

Signature 

Posted: 01 April 2010 09:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Joined  2006-08-29
Jules - 01 April 2010 09:18 AM

As for Zeus’s hair… I have no idea. Maybe that’s the fashion this year?  LOL

I know what they are doing: let’s not give everybody on Olympus blond hair and blue eyes. Well, they could have given Zeus white hair.

Jules - 01 April 2010 09:18 AM

Off topic, George are you taking the kids to see the “How to Train your Dragon” movie? I took my boy this weekend, and it was fun - very cute, and a lot of laughs. Great kids movie.

I only take my kids to the movies to see Pixar movies. (Can’t wait for Toy Story 3!) It’s gonna have to be my wife who will take them to see this one.  cheese

Posted: 02 April 2010 02:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Joined  2008-06-03

I got a laugh out of this:

Will the Clash of the Titans star make the cut? Vote HERE for the sexiest gladiator in a People Magazine poll!  LOL

gladiators-2-400.jpg

Will the winner be (from top left clockwise):

Brad Pitt (Troy)
Gerard Butler (300)
Russell Crowe (Gladiator)
Sam Worthington (Clash of the Titans)

Perhaps I have another motive for wanting to see the movie, besides liking the original.  wink

Signature 

Posted: 02 April 2010 04:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Total Posts:  2422
Joined  2007-09-03

[I wanted to thank George for recommendation because of bad reviews, but now it sounds like George is talking about a different movie…?]

Posted: 02 April 2010 06:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Joined  2006-08-29
Jackson - 02 April 2010 04:49 PM

[I wanted to thank George for recommendation because of bad reviews, but now it sounds like George is talking about a different movie…?]

I am not sure I understand, Jackson. I did refer mistakenly to a different movie in my first post, but my second comment was in reference to Clash of the Titans. Also, I was merely commenting on the trailer—I have never seen the actual movie.

Posted: 24 April 2010 07:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Joined  2008-06-03

Well we finally got a babysitter and went to see the movie this afternoon. It was a little cheesy, as expected, but fun! The story was slightly altered, as is the case with most re-makes.

I think some of the cheesy-ness was on purpose, in keeping with the spirit of the original movie. Sort of a campy feel. Bubo the Owl, was only on screen for about five seconds! Perseus is choosing from a cache of weapons and tools, and pulls Bubo the owl out of a box of old items. “What’s this?” he asks the soldiers. “Nothing, just leave it.” they reply and toss it back into the box. During the time he was out of the box, Bubo chirped, whistled, and flapped his little wings, much to my delight. I was heartbroken when he was tossed back on the box.  LOL  It was obviously some sort of inside joke about a disagreement between directors, writers and producers, about whether or not to include Bubo the owl in the re-make. It seemed to reflect their final decision “Oh just leave it out!” But for the fans of the original they showed the owl, and the joke.

In keeping with the darker theme, Hades is featured prominently in the story. Also, Pegasus is a black horse. There are a few other changes as well. Some of the acting was a bit forced and cheesy, but again I think it’s keeping with the original. The music could have been better coordinated to the scenes; the music was generic and uneventful.

Neatest bits were watching the special effects, of course. I always love to see what they do with those. The giant scorpions were well done and had me clinging to hubby during the scene, much to his delight. They were a bit scary. The Kraken was really neat, too. Very creepy! The three witches were very well done, the makeup and rubber masks were fantastic.

Pegasus was gorgeous, with my love of horses I was so pleased with the special effects to create Pegasus. His wings didn’t look “stuck on” and his movements were matched VERY well to the flying scenes. His legs and wings worked in unison, rather than just filming a horse and tossing wings on after. It looked “natural” you can tell the special effects people really studied horses and their movements. Kudos to whoever coordinated that. They also showed the black Pegasus chasing a small herd of white Pegasus, when he is first introduced. He is a much larger stallion, chasing away the white mares. I think this signified the movement of the movie to a darker theme, away from the lighter theme of the original. The scene was nicely done. These beautiful white Pegasus like the original land nearby. You think “Oh how beautiful! Here is Pegasus, just like the original.” Then this huge, gorgeous stallion swoops down and startles the others off like a flock of birds. Nice touch.

My end vote - worth an afternoon priced movie, and would be fun for DVD, especially for fans of the original. Sam Worthington is not bad to look at, either, which is sugar on top.  wink

Signature 

Posted: 20 September 2010 02:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Total Posts:  402
Joined  2008-02-24
Jules - 15 March 2010 06:39 PM

Trailer HERE. It’s a lengthy trailer, takes a minute to load. But it’s pretty action packed.

I can’t wait to see it. I loved watching the original as a kid with my Dad - the “Saturday Afternoon Movie” it was on at least once a year.

My only nitpick so far - I don’t see Bubo! I will be so disappointed if there is no Bubo the owl.

It’s a shame the movie was so bloody awful ... Sam Worthington really can’t act that well (not even in Avatar, he’s just the straight man, the hero, at the centre of the action). The effects were ... so, so and the bit with the gods in their room over the world was laughably pathetic.

I hated this movie so much that I went out and bought the Ray Harryhausen version which I remember being way impressed with as a kid and I can at least look back on through ageing, affectionate eyes.

Keke

Signature 

Kekerusey

“Keye’ung lu nì‘aw tì‘eyng mìkìfkey lekye’ung”
(Insanity, the only answer in a world insane!)

Atheists’s Heaven *** “Science, Just Science” Campaign *** Geekanology UK