“Downoad MP3” link doesn’t lead to….download?
Posted: 31 March 2010 09:15 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  13
Joined  2008-12-29

How do I download an episode?!?!  Something’s changed.  Now when I click the “Download MP3” link directly under the episode’s summary, it doesn’t start a download.  Instead, it takes me to a new page that is basiaclly blank and the audio of that episode just begins playing automatically. 

I clicked that “download mp3” button because I wanted to download the mp3.  I don’t have iTunes, I don’t really want iTunes.  I assume that is why the “download mp3” link is there. 
Am I not doing something right? The same thing happens to me in Firefox and Chrome.

Posted: 01 April 2010 05:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15300
Joined  2006-02-14

No idea; I get mine through iTunes, but I’ve forwarded your question on.

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 01 April 2010 06:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  4375
Joined  2007-08-31
Napalm Filled Tires - 31 March 2010 09:15 PM

How do I download an episode?!?!  Something’s changed.  Now when I click the “Download MP3” link directly under the episode’s summary, it doesn’t start a download.  Instead, it takes me to a new page that is basiaclly blank and the audio of that episode just begins playing automatically. 

I clicked that “download mp3” button because I wanted to download the mp3.  I don’t have iTunes, I don’t really want iTunes.  I assume that is why the “download mp3” link is there. 
Am I not doing something right? The same thing happens to me in Firefox and Chrome.

Choose ‘download link’ in the context menu (right mouse button). Supposing you use Windows… red face

GdB

Signature 

GdB

“The light is on, but there is nobody at home”

Posted: 01 April 2010 07:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  170
Joined  2009-06-02

GdB is right—you should be able to download the episodes by right (on Ctrl+ if you’re on a Mac) clicking on the “Download MP3” link and choosing “Save Link As…”

Posted: 01 April 2010 04:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Total Posts:  2422
Joined  2007-09-03
Napalm Filled Tires - 31 March 2010 09:15 PM

1. which episode are you having trouble with.
2. are you using Windows explorer.
              this is the way I usually download (faster than going to itunes, although then I open itunes and drag it in there to listen on an ipod)
              I do a “right click” and save-as….

Posted: 01 April 2010 09:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  13
Joined  2008-12-29

ah, ok…in Firefox and Chrome it says “save link as”  instead of just “save as” or whatever it said in IE.  I guess I haven’t tried to DL an episode since i stopped using IE and assumed “save link as” meant something else.  My fault.

On top of that, the link says “Download MP3”  so i naturally assumed left-clicking it would download the mp3 (open the download file dialog window).  Because that’s what it says.  *ahem*  Silly me!