Is it me?
Posted: 14 July 2006 04:39 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  26
Joined  2006-07-06

Is it me or are we not discussing the very latest shows. Paul Kurtz, July 8th, Courage to Become???

Anyways, here’s my thoughts.

I am so encouraged by Paul’s message.

I wish my grandfather and father were so wise.

I can only hope that I can encourage my son and daughter with such wisdom.

I’m sure I will have to endure much (teenage years of my children, etc) before they will truly appreciate the wisdom that skepticism brings and the meaning of life that comes from appreciating science and reason as part of the journey of understanding one’s place in the universe.

I am so encouraged to be an thinking person, a critically reasoning person, an atheist, and more importantly, all of these things given that I can influence my children so positively in ways that I was never given the chance to myself.

Thanks DJ for doing the show.

Alejandro, La Jolla, CA

Posted: 14 July 2006 04:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  26
Joined  2006-07-06

Is it me?

Is it me or are we not discussing the very latest shows. Paul Kurtz, July 8th, Courage to Become???

Anyways, here’s my thoughts.

I am so encouraged by Paul’s message.

I wish my grandfather and father were so wise.

I can only hope that I can encourage my son and daughter with such wisdom.

I’m sure I will have to endure much (teenage years of my children, etc) before they will truly appreciate the wisdom that skepticism brings and the meaning of life that comes from appreciating science and reason as part of the journey of understanding one’s place in the universe.

I am so encouraged to be an thinking person, a critically reasoning person, an atheist, and more importantly, all of these things given that I can influence my children so positively in ways that I was never given the chance to myself.

Thanks DJ for doing the show.

Alejandro, La Jolla, CA

Posted: 16 July 2006 06:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  508
Joined  2006-04-18

I am always too humbled by what Paul says and how he says it. I have points I disagree with from time to time, but he is just so smart, well thought out, reasoned and comfortable in way that tells you if your are going to argue with him you better go do your homework. As a high school drop out who now runs his own business (if you think you wont need the maths…but I digress) I have little time or inclination for the homework required to debate the minor points I find need more explaining, and too much respect for the general ideas to do anything other than shut up.

If any of that makes any sense.