SSA and CFI at the University of Alabama at Birmingham
Posted: 02 May 2010 09:08 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2010-05-02

Hello all, my name is Kenneth. I’ve recently founded the Secular Student Alliance at the University of Alabama at Birmingham, and presently serve as its president. In addition to the SSA and CFIonC, we also have close ties to the Freedom From Religion Foundation. Our group’s main purpose is to raise student awareness of the intellectual dangers of theism, and to advocate for the notion that ours is the responsibility for the future of intellectual growth. I have several outreach and internal programs in mind, though few online and in effect. We are fortunate enough not to be broke. If nothing else, I would like to at least exchange contact info with other campus organizers; I would really like to see a response from other groups wishing to find more concrete ways to mutualualize. My email: .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)  or .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address).

“The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil and no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference. As that unhappy poet A.E. Housman put it: ‘For Nature, heartless, witless Nature Will neither care nor know.’ DNA neither cares nor knows. DNA just is. And we dance to its music.”

Image Attachments
Snapshot_20100428_23.jpg