radicalsecular
Posted: 02 May 2010 08:48 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2010-05-02

Hello all, my name is Kenneth. I’ve recently founded the Secular Student Alliance at the University of Alabama at Birmingham, and presently serve as its president. In addition to the SSA and CFIonC, we also have close ties to the Freedom From Religion Foundation. Our group’s main purpose is to raise student awareness of the intellectual dangers of theism, and to advocate for the notion that ours is the responsibility for the future of intellectual growth. I have several outreach and internal programs in mind, though few online and in effect. We are fortunate enough not to be broke. If nothing else, I would like to at least exchange contact info with other campus organizers; I would really like to see a response from other groups wishing to find more concrete ways to mutualualize. My email: .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)  or .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address).

Posted: 03 May 2010 03:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15433
Joined  2006-02-14

Hello Kenneth and welcome to the CFI Forum. I’ve split your message off from one of the threads and given it its own, since really you are introducing yourself rather than commenting on another intro. I’ve also deleted an identical post in another thread. We discourage multiple, identical postings since they split discussions over different threads.

That said, I’ll leave up your post in the Campus Activism folder, since in future it may garner some response there in the future, after your post in this folder has rotated down the list.

Anyhow, no worries about all this. Glad to have you here.  I hope you’ll stick around and chat!

Cheers,

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 03 May 2010 09:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  7613
Joined  2007-03-02

Welcome Kenneth.  Glad to have you here.  Hope to see more of you soon.

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 03 May 2010 11:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2010-05-02

Thanks all for the welcome, and sorry about the poor posting protocol. Ignorance, not attempted subversion, I assure you.

Posted: 03 May 2010 11:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
Joined  2006-02-14
radicalsecular - 03 May 2010 11:08 AM

Thanks all for the welcome, and sorry about the poor posting protocol. Ignorance, not attempted subversion, I assure you.

No worries, as I say. grin

Signature 

Doug

Posted: 06 May 2010 11:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Total Posts:  1783
Joined  2008-08-09

Doug,
compliments on your active, yet sensitive, seemingly always productive interventions as moderator! 
I image you and Occam (and those tech’ies keeping the guts going) have a lot to do with why CFI continues to be a forum worth revisiting time after time.

ps
Welcome Radicalsecular dude, good luck on your quest.

Signature 

The Anthropogenic Global Warming Consensus is not formed by scientists !
The Anthropogenic Global Warming Consensus IS formed by the data being gathered !

Posted: 07 May 2010 04:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
Joined  2006-02-14

Thanks, cc.

Signature 

Doug

Posted: 07 May 2010 10:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Total Posts:  5508
Joined  2006-10-22

Awww.  CC, I try to be a crotchety old fud.  Apparently I’m not succeeding.  Guess I’ll have to try being more irritable.  smile

Occam

Posted: 08 May 2010 04:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Total Posts:  1783
Joined  2008-08-09
Occam - 07 May 2010 10:13 AM

Awww.  CC, I try to be a crotchety old fud.

Some folks are impressed with ‘genuine’ crotchety old fud’s     tongue wink

Signature 

The Anthropogenic Global Warming Consensus is not formed by scientists !
The Anthropogenic Global Warming Consensus IS formed by the data being gathered !

Posted: 09 May 2010 09:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Total Posts:  419
Joined  2007-08-24

Welcome Kenneth,  I’m always interested in Student activities in our Secular world.  I look forward to reading more about what you are planning in your capacity of President.  In my world, I am on the Board of Directors of the N.W. Phoenix Death with Dignity group where we act as Secular Humanists to make people aware of possible painful terminal illnesses.  It is the great unmentioned agreement.  I’m also a member of the Secular Humanist Group in the Phoenix Area.

‹‹ Hello      Nice to meet you!! :) ››