Ready to Implement
Posted: 18 July 2006 01:19 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2006-07-18

I just returned from the CFI Conference in Amherst, after graciously being given a travel grant for myself and four members of our group, and it was amazing.  I learned a lot, but perhaps more importantly, was given the optimism to take the resources they provided and use them.  There is certainly an impetus, given the current climate of politics, anti-scientific attitudes, anti-intellectualism, dogmatic and unyielding allegiance to archaic and dusty scrolls of unknown origins…etc

Thanks to the CFI for everything.  I will be checking in on this forum as time permits.

Signature 

Luciferi primo cum sidere frigida rura carpamus, dum mane novum, dum gramina canent Virgil, Georgics III, 324-5
Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum Lucretius

Posted: 18 July 2006 01:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-07-18

Ready to Implement

I just returned from the CFI Conference in Amherst, after graciously being given a travel grant for myself and four members of our group, and it was amazing.  I learned a lot, but perhaps more importantly, was given the optimism to take the resources they provided and use them.  There is certainly an impetus, given the current climate of politics, anti-scientific attitudes, anti-intellectualism, dogmatic and unyielding allegiance to archaic and dusty scrolls of unknown origins…etc

Thanks to the CFI for everything.  I will be checking in on this forum as time permits.

Signature 

Luciferi primo cum sidere frigida rura carpamus, dum mane novum, dum gramina canent Virgil, Georgics III, 324-5

Posted: 31 July 2006 05:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-07-18

re: what I learned in Buffalo

Well, if you’re seriously interested, I organized quite a bit of material on my group’s website , and a lot of the stuff in our presentation post and the post on campus-wide events was Buffalo-influenced.

Signature 

Posted: 31 July 2006 05:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15395
Joined  2006-02-14

Excellent! Thanks.

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos