Autism study doctor barred for ‘serious misconduct’
Posted: 24 May 2010 10:00 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2457
Joined  2008-06-03

HOORAY!

Autism study doctor barred for ‘serious misconduct’

London, England—The doctor who sparked fears that a childhood vaccine was linked to autism has been barred from practicing medicine after his study was discredited, Britain’s General Medical Council announced Monday.

Dr. Andrew Wakefield “repeatedly breached fundamental principles of research medicine,” a council disciplinary panel found, adding that “his actions in this area alone were sufficient to amount to serious professional misconduct.”

The council could have given him a lesser punishment, such as disbarring him for a year, but it ruled that his conduct was so dishonest that temporary suspension was not appropriate.

Signature 

Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it’s a simple adventure story. Others can read the ingredients on a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe.    - Lex Luthor

Posted: 24 May 2010 04:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Total Posts:  7665
Joined  2008-04-11

LOL hmm, where else did I see this info!!??

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 24 May 2010 05:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Joined  2008-06-03

I posted it and a few minutes later I saw that Doug had posted the same info in another thread.  LOL

Oh well, the news is worth celebrating twice! He’s lost his medical license!

Signature 

Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it’s a simple adventure story. Others can read the ingredients on a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe.    - Lex Luthor

Posted: 24 May 2010 07:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  15356
Joined  2006-02-14

It’s OK, as you say it deserves its own thread ... grin

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 24 May 2010 08:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  258
Joined  2010-02-28

And about time… thought he and his supporters will try and spin it into a story of persecution. Expect them to abuse the “Galileo” meme.

Signature 

http://watchingthedeniers.wordpress.com/

Posted: 25 May 2010 01:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Total Posts:  3028
Joined  2010-04-26

I think I read something similar to this a couple months ago.  Or maybe it was just on the start of the investigations into him.  Either way, that guy should be put in stocks.

Signature 

“In the end nature is horrific and teaches us nothing.” -Mutual of Omicron

Posted: 25 May 2010 03:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Joined  2008-06-03

A couple of months ago the medical journal officially retracted his study - which was big news in itself. Now that he’s lost his medical license, it’s just icing on the cake.  grin

Hey did you guys read the part where he drew blood from all the kids at his son’s birthday party for the study? He gave them a few dollars each afterward. Creepy birthday party!  surprised

Signature 

Posted: 25 May 2010 04:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Joined  2008-04-11
Jules - 25 May 2010 03:33 PM

A couple of months ago the medical journal officially retracted his study - which was big news in itself. Now that he’s lost his medical license, it’s just icing on the cake.  grin

Hey did you guys read the part where he drew blood from all the kids at his son’s birthday party for the study? He gave them a few dollars each afterward. Creepy birthday party!  surprised

Yes, he claimed that the NHS had no authority over that since he was not doing the study as a NHS doctor. He also did intestinal biopsies on children unnecessarily—and falsified the results. This man truly has no morals, and it has made him wealthy. The US would not give him a license to practice, but it is suspected that he continues to practice without one. I hope he gets himself kicked out of the US, but he will probably dupe another country into taking him and getting sucked into his ‘facts’ where he will do even more harm.

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 25 May 2010 04:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Joined  2008-06-03

Yeah he will get a medical license in some country where laws are loose. His cult following will continue to support him.

Signature 

Posted: 25 May 2010 07:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Joined  2008-04-11
Jules - 25 May 2010 04:45 PM

Yeah he will get a medical license in some country where laws are loose. His cult following will continue to support him.

That is just criminal! angry (can you see the smoke coming out of my ears?)

Signature 

Posted: 26 May 2010 09:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Joined  2010-04-26

Like I said people, the stocks.  I have some left over 2x12s and door hinges we can use.

Signature 

Posted: 26 May 2010 10:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  65
Joined  2010-04-18

Wednesday afternoon The American Rally for Personal Rights is hosting a major anti-vaccination rally in Grant Park.

How major? Andrew Wakefield, the de-licensed physician, himself will be there giving a talk.

Skepchick

Signature 

minigiggles

Posted: 26 May 2010 10:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Joined  2010-04-26

I say we go throw our rotten vegetables at him like in the old days.

Signature 

Posted: 26 May 2010 02:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Joined  2008-04-11
Dead Monky - 26 May 2010 09:21 AM

Like I said people, the stocks.  I have some left over 2x12s and door hinges we can use.

..and I have any kind of wood working tool we might need…

Signature