12 of 12
Why do Tea Partiers love ‘Atlas Shrugged’?
Posted: 21 May 2011 10:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 166 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2715
Joined  2011-04-24
Equal Opportunity Curmudgeon - 21 May 2011 08:34 PM

That’s right. Add also the fact that less than half the public votes on anything. Average citizens might have a larger voice if they would exercise their franchise.

They might have an even larger voice if they would do something a bit more substantive than to just vote the party line or ticket.

I never cease to be amazed at people on both sides of the divide who forever wail about the corruption in politics and getting business as usual regardless of which party wins out who than turn right around and vote a straight Democratic or Republican ticket, then continue to grouse about getting more of The Same Old Thing.

Hell, if one consistantly keeps voting for the status quo no matter what, then why be surprised when we continue to get it?

I wonder about that myself,but has any 3 party candidate ever gotten even close to being elected?

Signature 

Raise your glass if you’re wrong…. in all the right ways.

Posted: 22 May 2011 06:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 167 ]
Total Posts:  3121
Joined  2008-04-07
mid atlantic - 21 May 2011 10:22 PM

I wonder about that myself,but has any 3 party candidate ever gotten even close to being elected?

This is one of those questions that is answered quite well by wiki - SEE HERE Also check out the link (at that page) to Duverger’s law.

Signature 

Turn off Fox News - Bad News For America
(Atheists are myth understood)

Posted: 22 May 2011 07:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 168 ]
Total Posts:  4400
Joined  2010-08-15
Equal Opportunity Curmudgeon - 19 May 2011 11:50 PM

THAT! will get no argument from me. Here’s to hope.

Unfortunately, the people in Congress now are the offspring and successors of the same body of people who put together the whole Byzantine mess in the first place. You can always count on these guys to overthink the problem to THEIR advantage!!!

Yup, and from all indications not half as intelligent…

Signature 

We need each other, to keep ourselves honest

12 of 12