greetings from midnight.train
Posted: 26 May 2010 02:36 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  14
Joined  2010-05-26

hello everyone.  i’m new here, obviously.  i decided that i wanted to join a free-thinking forum and do some free-thinking.  i consider it something of a new hobby.  i’ve had a lot of experience in various spiritual and religious groups, but in the end nothing panned out the way i would have liked.  so rather than seeking some kind of spooky knowledge-with-a-capital-k i decided i’d be better off spending my time thinking about the world as is, i guess you could say.  i think i can live with that.

i’m a bit of an eclectic intellectual and a budding writer.  i’m into computers and programming, though not as strongly as i’d like to be at this point.

so, hello!  looking forward to discussing and/or debating, or just chilling out.  whatever you guys like to do around here.  smile

Posted: 26 May 2010 02:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15305
Joined  2006-02-14

Hey midnight.train, glad to have you here. I think you’re doing the right thing by giving up on the search for special knowledge and instead looking to face the world. In the long run it’s a much more interesting and enlightened prospect.

Please feel free to jump into the discussions anytime. Or just chill out.

Cheers,

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 26 May 2010 08:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7506
Joined  2007-03-02

Nice to have you here, midnight.train.  Hope to see more of you.  smile

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report