Morgan Freeman’s through the wormhole new Wednesday night series
Posted: 09 June 2010 09:01 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7684
Joined  2008-04-11

Morgan Freeman, who recently stated in a Today Show interview that he ‘believed in Science’ when asked if he was a ‘man of god’. He denied that he’d ever told anyone that he was a ‘man of god’. Morgan Freeman narrates this new science series. The first show is asking the question “Is there a Creator”. It is very good. I believe it is on the science channel, I will post the correct channel if this is not correct.

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 10 June 2010 08:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Total Posts:  9301
Joined  2006-08-29

I saw the interview. In it he also said that the unexplainable points to god; supposedly, according to Freeman, many scientist believe the same. I don’t think Freeman is in reality as smart as the characters he plays in the movies. He is, nevertheless, a very talented actor.

Posted: 10 June 2010 02:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Joined  2008-04-11
George - 10 June 2010 08:36 AM

I saw the interview. In it he also said that the unexplainable points to god; supposedly, according to Freeman, many scientist believe the same. I don’t think Freeman is in reality as smart as the characters he plays in the movies. He is, nevertheless, a very talented actor.

Yes, I agree with you, but at least he does not go directly to the goddit answer. I’m glad he is narrating the program and not producing it. The information it was giving, from what I saw (and what I understand about the subject, while I was watching—I was doing housework at the time and couldn’t pay attention to every single line), appears to be scientifically correct. I’m a little annoyed that they even addressed the question of a ‘creator’ on a scientific program. I find so few atheist African-Americans, that to see someone of his stature expressing doubt, will (I hope) allow other AA atheists to also express their doubts/atheism.

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 10 June 2010 03:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  2457
Joined  2008-06-03

Sounds interesting! I will try to record it.

Signature 

Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it’s a simple adventure story. Others can read the ingredients on a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe.    - Lex Luthor

Posted: 10 June 2010 04:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Total Posts:  9301
Joined  2006-08-29

I’ve never thought of it that way, Asanta. I guess you’re right. But I’ve also heard when black people are not “black enough” they (along with Freeman’s dose of doubt, in this case) will get rejected. Could that be true?

Posted: 10 June 2010 06:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Joined  2008-04-11

I can’t see Morgan Freeman getting rejected by anyone. He has put his money where his mouth is helping the rural Mississippi community where he has his roots. He is an ‘A’ actor who can choose his roles. Other than the car accident last year, he has not had a breath of scandal clinging to him, and he is widely respected.

Signature