Crescendo to Climategate Cacophony - John R. Mashey
Posted: 14 June 2010 02:28 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1783
Joined  2008-08-09

If anyone is interested in looking closely at the “climate denial business” here’s a report to knock you off your seat.  Follow the money and Mashey certainly does . . .
I’m posting this under Politics since it’s becoming more and more obvious that the “AGW “skeptic” community is all about politics and not at all about serious earth science.

Crescendo to Climategate Cacophony
Behind the 2006 Wegman Report and Two Decades of Climate Anti-Science
John R. Mashey*
crescendo climategate cacophony v1 0.pdf
“A new paper by the computer scientist and entrepreneur John Mashey, (attached) digs ever deeper (and in an increasingly well-organized way), into the morass of deception and disinformation that has characterized the recent climate conversation.”

This 185-page report details the long history of these attacks, including funding flows, organizations,
people and tactics.  It highlights the reality behind a 2005-2006 campaign that purposefully misled
Congress. Its results have formed a pillar of the anti-science PR campaign to this day, including
Climategate.  Although the author has benefited from frequent discussions with leading researchers, the
report is based primarily on public information - government reports, organizations’ websites,
peer-reviewed articles, scholarly books and existing Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) data.

related story:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/cif-green/2009/dec/07/climate-change-denial-industry
The climate denial industry is out to dupe the public. And it’s working.
Think environmentalists are stooges? You’re the unwitting recruit of a hugely powerful oil lobby – I’ve got the proof.

The second observation is the tendency of those who don’t give a fig about science to maximize their (UEA-CRO emails) importance. The denial industry, which has no interest in establishing the truth about global warming, insists that these emails, which concern three or four scientists and just one or two lines of evidence, destroy the entire canon of climate science.

Also see: http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/georgemonbiot/2009/dec/07/george-monbiot-blog-climate-denial-industry

Signature 

The Anthropogenic Global Warming Consensus is not formed by scientists !
The Anthropogenic Global Warming Consensus IS formed by the data being gathered !

Posted: 14 June 2010 02:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Total Posts:  3063
Joined  2010-04-26

...it’s becoming more and more obvious that the “AGW “skeptic” community is all about politics and not at all about serious earth science.

It took you how long to figure that out?  wink

Signature 

“In the end nature is horrific and teaches us nothing.” -Mutual of Omicron

Posted: 14 June 2010 02:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  1783
Joined  2008-08-09
Dead Monky - 14 June 2010 02:50 PM

...it’s becoming more and more obvious that the “AGW “skeptic” community is all about politics and not at all about serious earth science.

It took you how long to figure that out?  wink

downer

Signature 

The Anthropogenic Global Warming Consensus is not formed by scientists !
The Anthropogenic Global Warming Consensus IS formed by the data being gathered !

Posted: 14 June 2010 02:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Joined  2010-04-26

Don’t feel too bad.  It took me an hour the other day to figure out that my car keys were already in the ignition.

(I left them in there when I got home and forgot.)

Signature 

Posted: 14 June 2010 03:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Total Posts:  5508
Joined  2006-10-22

As the common saying goes—It’s ok to forget where your car keys are, but it’s worrying when you forget what they are for.

Occam

Posted: 14 June 2010 03:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Joined  2010-04-26

It’s ok to forget where your car keys are, but it’s worrying when you forget what they are for.

I’m pretty sure I know a couple people who have had that happen.  Granted, they had just finished smoking a massive amount of pot, but still….dumbasses.

Signature