3 of 3
A question on magnetohydrodynamics
Posted: 28 June 2010 01:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  731
Joined  2007-06-20
Stormy Fairweather - 28 June 2010 01:00 PM

That would be a “nope.”

Well it’s a shame you’ve dropped out then.  We’ll never know and be left to our own speculations.

Signature 

PC

Posted: 28 June 2010 05:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  137
Joined  2008-10-09

Well, frankly I don’t think I can be any clearer on what I am saying.

I will cede I used some poor terminology, but I think over the course of this thread I have been pretty thorough and anything further I say on the topic would simply be repitition.

I do invite you to reread this thread and ask me to clarify… but your last post was so far from what I said that I was at a complete loss how to address it.

Signature 

My superiority complex is better than yours.

Posted: 29 June 2010 05:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  152
Joined  2010-05-27

Here is a fun and interesting fact: no closed system can change its center of mass.  Your ship is you have it changing locations in a vacuum (potentially) yet you have the mass all in the same configuration, which tells us you have a closed system changing its center of mass.  That is impossible.  And it doesn’t matter how many different ways you consider it, you would need a magic bending of the existing rules of physics to pull it off.

Posted: 29 June 2010 07:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1783
Joined  2008-08-09
Stormy Fairweather - 26 June 2010 06:48 PM

Screw it. Posting an idea in a forum is another possible avenue of seeing it implemented, or debunked. And an easy one. (I am lazy)

That is the difference between regular folks like us and scientists who have actually mastered the topic they want to talk about!

We laymen, must try to keep that in mind when presenting our own profundities.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ok “mastered” isn’t exactly the right word… but I hope you get the drift   smile

[ Edited: 29 June 2010 07:38 PM by citizenschallenge ]
 Signature 

The Anthropogenic Global Warming Consensus is not formed by scientists !
The Anthropogenic Global Warming Consensus IS formed by the data being gathered !

3 of 3