Just saying Hi
Posted: 30 July 2006 02:35 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2006-07-30

Hi to all..I am new to this forum, but love the podcasts.  Looking forward to reading, and hopefully contributing,  some interesting posts.  What I enjoy so much about the magazines (I’m a subscriber) and the podcasts in particular is the language - although always very intelligent and articulate, it is at a level that a person with average intelligence can understand.  I think that often too much of the material dealing with aetheism, secular humanism, etc, is aimed at a level that may elude many of us not blessed with a first class brain, but who share the beliefs of those who are.  It’s nice to be here.

Posted: 30 July 2006 03:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15354
Joined  2006-02-14

Great! Welcome to the forum, and feel free to post whatever you like. Certainly agree with you about the podcasts—DJ is doing a great job.

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 30 July 2006 11:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  268
Joined  2006-02-08

Re: Just saying Hi

emw121199 wrote:
                        “Hi to all..I am new to this forum, but love the podcasts.  Looking forward to reading, and hopefully contributing,  some interesting posts.  What I enjoy so much about the magazines (I’m a subscriber) and the podcasts in particular is the language - although always very intelligent and articulate, it is at a level that a person with average intelligence can understand.  I think that often too much of the material dealing with aetheism, secular humanism, etc, is aimed at a level that may elude many of us not blessed with a first class brain, but who share the beliefs of those who are.  It’s nice to be here.”

Welcome emw121199!
I noticed that you’re interested in evolution. Perhaps you’d ike to read the articles that I’ve posted on the subject. If so, look for them in the “Science and Technology” forum. And of course comments and questions are always welcome.
Bob

Posted: 31 July 2006 01:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2006-07-30

Hi Bob….your articles look great and I will read them in more depth before commenting…. thanks for adding “questions” welcome as well!  I am also interested in astronomy, although it is not a subject I am well versed in, unfortunately, at least not yet.  My husband’s second cousin has doctorates in theology and astronomy, some combination!  I’ve never had the pleasure, but have heard he was a Jesuit priest for some time before leaving the church to get married.  Looking forward to any and all your posts on evolution and astronomy.

Eileen