3 of 3
Looking For Some Advice
Posted: 22 July 2010 02:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  782
Joined  2009-07-17
citizenschallenge - 22 July 2010 09:38 AM

“pretty effective,” but not totally eh?
Spending all day in brine does do a number on one’s skin.

The only thing I’ll brine is pieces of (non-human) meat. (Specifically those consider food by most. smile)

Take care,

Derek

Signature 

“It is noble to be good; it is still nobler to teach others to be good—and less trouble.”—Mark Twain

Posted: 22 July 2010 02:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Total Posts:  7684
Joined  2008-04-11
harry canyon - 22 July 2010 02:36 PM
citizenschallenge - 22 July 2010 09:38 AM

“pretty effective,” but not totally eh?
Spending all day in brine does do a number on one’s skin.

The only thing I’ll brine is pieces of (non-human) meat. (Specifically those consider food by most. smile)

Take care,

Derek

Brined turkey is wonderful! Especially deep fried! cheese

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 22 July 2010 03:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Joined  2009-07-17
asanta - 22 July 2010 02:54 PM

Brined turkey is wonderful! Especially deep fried! cheese

I got a turkey fryer for my birthday… Four years ago. Sadly I haven’t used it yet.  red face

But it’s not for lack of desire! (I really want to do a Cajun spiced deep fried turkey. Thanksgiving in July! Hoody hoo! smile)

And for those concerned about safety we have a large (cement) patio in the backyard and a good fire extinguisher!

Take care,

Derek

Signature 

“It is noble to be good; it is still nobler to teach others to be good—and less trouble.”—Mark Twain

Posted: 22 July 2010 04:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Joined  2008-04-11

Have you ever tasted a deep fried turkey? It is very moist and not at all greasy (when done properly). I used to buy turkeys for my unit every year for Thanksgiving potluck and another co-worker would deep fry and drop them off. They were some of the most delicious turkeys I’ve ever tasted!

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 22 July 2010 04:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Joined  2009-07-17
asanta - 22 July 2010 04:18 PM

Have you ever tasted a deep fried turkey? It is very moist and not at all greasy (when done properly). I used to buy turkeys for my unit every year for Thanksgiving potluck and another co-worker would deep fry and drop them off. They were some of the most delicious turkeys I’ve ever tasted!

I’m not sure I have actually tasted one. (Although as much Food Network as we watch, I think a false memory or two may have crept in. smile)

I also want to do one on the grill rotisserie, but my wife gets very possessive when it comes to cooking that particular meal. grin She does make the most amazing mustard garlic mashed potatoes and succulent turkey though! (I generally get the “privilege” of doing dishes.  tongue rolleye)

Take care,

Derek

Signature 

Posted: 22 July 2010 07:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Joined  2008-04-11
harry canyon - 22 July 2010 04:51 PM

I’m not sure I have actually tasted one. (Although as much Food Network as we watch, I think a false memory or two may have crept in. smile)

I also want to do one on the grill rotisserie, but my wife gets very possessive when it comes to cooking that particular meal. grin She does make the most amazing mustard garlic mashed potatoes and succulent turkey though! (I generally get the “privilege” of doing dishes.  tongue rolleye)

Take care,

Derek

Yum! Now I can’t wait for Autumn!!

Signature 

Posted: 23 July 2010 08:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Total Posts:  1783
Joined  2008-08-09

and fun to make too click here

But, we are getting a little OT… oh I remember how this thread started…    wink

steveg144 - 22 July 2010 10:43 AM

Sounds a lot like a rotator cuff issue I had several years ago. Got to the point that just the movements needed to get a shirt or a jacket on would leave me groaning in pain. Lost a lot of range of motion. Luckily it didn’t require surgery, just a year layoff from the gym and lots of physical therapy (mostly stretching and massage of the area).

Signature 

The Anthropogenic Global Warming Consensus is not formed by scientists !
The Anthropogenic Global Warming Consensus IS formed by the data being gathered !

Posted: 23 July 2010 01:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Joined  2008-04-11

Lol, it was wasn’t it!!

Signature 

Posted: 23 July 2010 02:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Total Posts:  3063
Joined  2010-04-26

I don’t really like fried foods.  I like fried turkey, but I always peel off the skin and throw it away.  It just makes me sick to my stomach.

Signature 

“In the end nature is horrific and teaches us nothing.” -Mutual of Omicron

Posted: 23 July 2010 03:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Joined  2009-07-17
Dead Monky - 23 July 2010 02:37 PM

I don’t really like fried foods.  I like fried turkey, but I always peel off the skin and throw it away.  It just makes me sick to my stomach.

Just means more cracklin’s for me. smile

Take care,

Derek

Signature 

Posted: 07 January 2011 01:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Total Posts:  6175
Joined  2009-02-26
Occam - 12 July 2010 01:54 PM

Our skin is pretty effective at preventing mineral flow across it.  Otherwise, when we go into the ocean or worse Salt Lake, we’d have all the water sucked out of us or become pickled in brine. 

Occam

That visual was tooo funny… LOL  LOL  LOL

Signature 

Art is the creation of that which evokes an emotional response, leading to thoughts of the noblest kind.
W4U

3 of 3