3 of 5
NAACP Leader Says “Kenneth Gladney Not Black Enough” To Protect—He’s An “Uncle Tom”
Posted: 06 October 2010 05:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  352
Joined  2008-04-24
Dead Monky - 05 October 2010 01:14 PM

To some, race only applies when it’s convenient to them.

Agreed, Obama had long referred to himself as “mixed”, a “mutt”, etc, and then when he certified his census form, he asserted he was black, not mixed.  What a sad message to send to the millions of mixed children (like my own) across the nation. 

What is he so ashamed of about his mother?

Signature 

Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick (Democrat):

“It’s a free country; I wish it weren’t, but it’s a free country.” when speaking of a rally on the Capitol.

Posted: 06 October 2010 06:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Total Posts:  9284
Joined  2006-08-29

Obama is not ashamed of anything. If you read his book you can see that he probably felt “more white” than black most of his life. But he was smart enough to have realized that identifying himself as black would have helped him to get where he is now.

Posted: 06 October 2010 07:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Total Posts:  1064
Joined  2007-06-20
George - 06 October 2010 06:37 AM

Obama is not ashamed of anything.

Other than the United States!  grin

If you read his book…

You mean the one most likely ghostwritten by his unrepentant terrorist friend Bill Ayers?  LOL

But he was smart enough…

You call a man who thinks he has been to 57 U.S. states “smart?”  You call a man who thinks “Austrian” is a language “smart?”  You call a man who thinks special effects in movies are real “smart?”  You call a man who thinks the conclusive science of the fictional link between vaccines and autism is inconclusive “smart?”  You call a man who doesn’t know the difference between Ottawa and Iowa “smart?”  You call a man who thinks the United States is one of the largest Muslim nations “smart?”  You call a man who puffs on cancer sticks “smart?”    LOL

...to have realized that identifying himself as black would have helped him to get where he is now.

Actually it was his ever-present teleprompter that got him where he is today.  Take it away and he can’t string two words together.  LOL

Signature 

There are more instances of the abridgement of the freedom of the people by the gradual and silent encroachment of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpation.

—James Madison

Posted: 06 October 2010 09:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Joined  2008-04-24
Rocinante - 06 October 2010 07:03 AM

Obama is not ashamed of anything.

Other than the United States!  grin

If you read his book…

You mean the one most likely ghostwritten by his unrepentant terrorist friend Bill Ayers?  LOL

But he was smart enough…

You call a man who thinks he has been to 57 U.S. states “smart?”  You call a man who thinks “Austrian” is a language “smart?”  You call a man who thinks special effects in movies are real “smart?”  You call a man who thinks the conclusive science of the fictional link between vaccines and autism is inconclusive “smart?”  You call a man who doesn’t know the difference between Ottawa and Iowa “smart?”  You call a man who thinks the United States is one of the largest Muslim nations “smart?”  You call a man who puffs on cancer sticks “smart?”    LOL

...to have realized that identifying himself as black would have helped him to get where he is now.

Actually it was his ever-present teleprompter that got him where he is today.  Take it away and he can’t string two words together.  LOL

There is still something surreal about the President of the United States, going to the birthplace of the Nazis and apologizing for America.  But then, this is a guy who literally bows (as in ‘chin-to-balls’) to a misogynist, homophobic racist in the Saudi Arabia..  Two more years…just two more years of this clown.  He has been a huge embarrassment to our nation, to our culture.  One of principle, of freedom, of individualism. 

This guy was sold to us as the great uniter and yet he has made overt appeals to people by their own racial classification.  Calling out “blacks” and “latinos” to vote democrat.  What kind of president disrespects millions of East Indians, Asians and Whites with such bigoted, compartmentalized, language?  He hasn’t united anyone, and his decision as the CEO of the US, to not prosecute the so-called “New Black Panther” party in the voter intimidation case just shows how hopelessly racist this guy is. 

How about the world peace we were told we’d get if he was elected?  He is considered a joke in the Muslim world (one of them), easily manageable, ask any Ex-pat Persian, or non-Muslim Arab.  He’s a joke. 

Maybe when he is retired by the American people, he can go “back” to Kenya, where, apparently, his wife thinks he’s from (“When we took our trip to Africa, and visited his home country, in Kenya…”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBJihJBePcs

Or he can go work for BP, ya know “Big Oil” ...that gave him the most of any candidate in the last 20 years.  Guess that’s an “ass” he won’t be kicking (Oh, by the way, why is the President of the United States using profanity and speaking in such vulgar terms…shouldn’t any child be able to listen to the President without a parent being concerned?)

Or he can go ghost-write more books, make millions and give almost nothing to charity (the Obamas gave chump change prior to his Senate run, despite making hundreds of thousands of dollars a year). 

The speaking circuit will be a bit difficult as he cannot speak well without a teleprompter.

Signature 

“It’s a free country; I wish it weren’t, but it’s a free country.” when speaking of a rally on the Capitol.

Posted: 06 October 2010 09:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Total Posts:  7641
Joined  2008-04-11

Obama is not ashamed of anything. If you read his book you can see that he probably felt “more white” than black most of his life. But he was smart enough to have realized that identifying himself as black would have helped him to get where he is now.

“Black”, like “American” is not a unified culture. In AMERICA, he has little chance of identifying as anything else. Barak Obama, probably feels just as “black” as any other black person in this country.

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 06 October 2010 09:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Total Posts:  9284
Joined  2006-08-29
UlsterScots432 - 06 October 2010 09:00 AM

There is still something surreal about the President of the United States, going to the birthplace of the Nazis and apologizing for America.

Yeah, well, I guess he should have gone first to Guatemala instead, to apologize for America’s very own “Dr. Mengele experiments.”

Posted: 06 October 2010 11:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Total Posts:  7506
Joined  2007-03-02
UlsterScots432 - 06 October 2010 05:25 AM

Just keep being who you are.  My kids are beautiful—a mix of AmerIndian and Celtic…can’t be beat !

Mine are too-  Mixed with American Indian, Scot, Irish, British, Welsh, German-French, and on their father’s side: European, American Indian, Greek, and African [-American].  About the only think they don’t have is Asian ancestry.

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 06 October 2010 11:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Joined  2007-06-20

How about the world peace we were told we’d get if he was elected?

Where’s all the “peace loving” anti-war” liberals protesting Obama’s drone attacks inside nuclear-armed Pakistan?  If it were Bush the entirety of the left would have been screaming that Pakistan had nothing to do with 9/11.  But Obama can bypass Congress all he wants and bomb anyone he wants and gets a free pass from the left.  In a way, I guess it is a good thing that he has used their hypocrisy to shut their shrill screams up for a while, all while taking out some truly bad people. 

Two more years…just two more years of this clown.  He has been a huge embarrassment to our nation, to our culture.  One of principle, of freedom, of individualism.

Hey now!  No need to insult clowns by comparing them to Obama! grin
But two more years of his Obamaconomy will destroy even more jobs than it currently has and cost us dearly in economic terms.  Obama and his Obamaconomy have gone way beyond Carter’s “malaise.” 

Or he can go work for BP, ya know “Big Oil” ...that gave him the most of any candidate in the last 20 years.

Careful now.  You will cause some uncomfortable cognitive dissonance among the Obama apologists by bringing up the truth that most of them don’t even know about.  wink

BP = “Barack’s Problem!” grin  and “Bad President!” 

Guess that’s an “ass” he won’t be kicking

What about his administration’s threat to keep their “boot on the throat” of BP?  A totalitarian despot could not have said it better!

Or he can go ghost-write more books…

“His” first two books were about his favorite subject: Himself!  How much more narcissistic can he get? 

The speaking circuit will be a bit difficult as he cannot speak well without a teleprompter.

There is one, and only one, topic on which he doesn’t need his teleprompter…his favorite subject.  He just has to memorize “I,” “me” and “myself” 132 times and he should be able to give that speech over and over again to any remaining myrmidons who still can’t see through his BS.

Signature 

There are more instances of the abridgement of the freedom of the people by the gradual and silent encroachment of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpation.

—James Madison

Posted: 06 October 2010 11:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Joined  2007-03-02
UlsterScots432 - 06 October 2010 05:34 AM

Agreed, Obama had long referred to himself as “mixed”, a “mutt”, etc, and then when he certified his census form, he asserted he was black, not mixed.

There isn’t a “mixed” box on the census.  Now I guess you could check all that apply, but if you check Native American (not Hawaiian) then you better have your tribal info.  Not that everyone has to have such info as a person of mixed heritage, but my point is, part of that is a societal thing too, that is not easily changed.  Sadly, to this day, the more minorities an institution, like a public school, gets more funding for the number of minority students they have.  I fought all through my sons’ school years to have BOTH Black and White marked on their info and to be put down as such.  In the end, the lighter was “Black” and the darker one was “White” [with a disability] and it all came down to money.  Given my younger son’s disability, they lost nothing or almost nothing by saying he is White.  They would have lost money with my older son.  Yes, I know.  How so when they are bi-racial?  I don’t know, but that is what they said.  Want my opinion?  I say those who tried to explain it to me were full of [bleep].  However, if there is any truth to that, Obama maybe somehow taking advantage of that on the census, but I’m not sure how.  I don’t think the census is related to his daughters’ educational institution.

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 06 October 2010 11:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Joined  2007-03-02
Rocinante - 06 October 2010 07:03 AM

But he was smart enough…

One could say the same of Patin Place Palin.

Signature 

Mriana

Posted: 06 October 2010 11:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Joined  2007-03-02
asanta - 06 October 2010 09:10 AM

“Black”, like “American” is not a unified culture. In AMERICA, he has little chance of identifying as anything else. Barak Obama, probably feels just as “black” as any other black person in this country.

Hey, asanta, I always wanted to know… Waz it feelz like ta be Black?  Dat be any diff’ent dan White?  Or is it the same thing as the drinking water on the White side?  lol Just playing.

For those who don’t get it, there were a couple twins, who lived to be at least 100.  During segregation, one was gutsy enough to taste the water marked “Whites Only” and she told her sister, “It doesn’t taste any different.”  I got a good laugh out that one.  My point is, I think, if one is treated like a human, they don’t feel any different than anyone else.  A human is a human, regardless of the colour of their skin, just as water is water, regardless of who it is marked for.  It’s no different.  This is coming from a woman who gave birth to two sons of mixed heritage.  So take it, along with the joke, for what it is worth to you.

Signature 

Mriana

Posted: 06 October 2010 11:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
Joined  2008-04-24
Mriana - 06 October 2010 11:26 AM
UlsterScots432 - 06 October 2010 05:34 AM

Agreed, Obama had long referred to himself as “mixed”, a “mutt”, etc, and then when he certified his census form, he asserted he was black, not mixed.

There isn’t a “mixed” box on the census.  Now I guess you could check all that apply, but if you check Native American (not Hawaiian) then you better have your tribal info.  Not that everyone has to have such info as a person of mixed heritage, but my point is, part of that is a societal thing too, that is not easily changed.  Sadly, to this day, the more minorities an institution, like a public school, gets more funding for the number of minority students they have.  I fought all through my sons’ school years to have BOTH Black and White marked on their info and to be put down as such.  In the end, the lighter was “Black” and the darker one was “White” [with a disability] and it all came down to money.  Given my younger son’s disability, they lost nothing or almost nothing by saying he is White.  They would have lost money with my older son.  Yes, I know.  How so when they are bi-racial?  I don’t know, but that is what they said.  Want my opinion?  I say those who tried to explain it to me were full of [bleep].  However, if there is any truth to that, Obama maybe somehow taking advantage of that on the census, but I’m not sure how.  I don’t think the census is related to his daughters’ educational institution.

You can check as many as apply. Even put “some other race” (and list it, in block 9).  Well, I could psychoanalyze Obama all day long, the guy is so completely transparent.  Here it is in a nutshell:  Obama was raised a child of privilege, nothing wrong with that, unless you claim otherwise, he was not raised in the black community, but overseas and then in a recently accepted state (Hawaii). 

Being mixed, and raised largely by his white grandparents, Obama learned very early on how to play white guilt, and to be, as Biden and others have crudely put it, that “Articulate” mixed black guy, “acceptable” to white America (and other ridiculous things that unfortunately are often true).  Obama has “gamed” the system all the way up, that’s why you see him “voted” to the Harvard Law Review, but yet, he published NOTHING during his tenure.  To my knowledge, he’s never released his grades (though we are told he is a genius), he talks of “Selma” as if that were his life experience, and his roots, when the truth is, Obama went to the finest private schools (yet cannot speak a foreign language), lived overseas, attended a Madrassa and grew up and lived as an early adult, largely hanging out (and getting high, something, remember, the left BASHED Bush for).  He didn’t do many of the things he noted in his memoirs (colleagues noted he was not in charge of anything or big accounts, etc), he took an advance on a book that he most likely didn’t write, and spent most of his time not producing much or being held accountable for anything (unlike say, Bill Clinton, Rhodes Scholar and Governor, or Jimmy Carter, a naval officer and submariner, for whatever you think of their politics). 

Obama won the Iowa CAUCAS and was on his way.  People felt good because he played on people’s deepest insecurities about race (and I note he went from “mutt” to “black guy” once he won).  He realizes he is on his 14th minute.  He never had any record, never had to deal with true criticism (thus the exceptionally thin skin) and never had to produce results…well, now we have results and they have been atrocious. 

And lastly (as posters here will prove probably within hours of this post), Obama knows in the end, anyone who points out the above, and more, will be labeled a racist.  Well guess what ? A lot of us, including us libertarians, don’t care.  The guy’s an idiot, plain and simple.  He is in WAY over his head and makes Bush look like Thomas Jefferson in comparison.  And it shows every day. 

Bring on the pain…it is what it is folks.

Signature 

Posted: 06 October 2010 12:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
Joined  2007-03-02

Along that line, here’s something by Zora Neale Hurston:

http://grammar.about.com/od/60essays/a/theireyesessay.htm  (How It Feels to Be Colored Me)  I think she is also saying the same thing- there is no difference when you get right down to it.  So I can’t help but chuckle when someone makes remarks of feeling this or that based on skin colour.  The more I dig into psychology, literature, etc.  It much like the comment concerning the water.

Signature 

Mriana

Posted: 06 October 2010 01:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Joined  2008-04-24
Mriana - 06 October 2010 12:03 PM

Along that line, here’s something by Zora Neale Hurston:

http://grammar.about.com/od/60essays/a/theireyesessay.htm  (How It Feels to Be Colored Me)  I think she is also saying the same thing- there is no difference when you get right down to it.  So I can’t help but chuckle when someone makes remarks of feeling this or that based on skin colour.  The more I dig into psychology, literature, etc.  It much like the comment concerning the water.

Excellent piece.  Don’t you just love antique writings?  Providing that “Ken Burns-ian” perspective to everything, contemporaneous with the times where those things were issues? 

Also, as a typical mixed Scots-Irish/Cherokee from the South, I love her line about the “native” blood in black America.  If I had a nickel for every African-American I know who claims their light skin was “Indian”....(no, you are just part white, it’s ok to admit!). 

Gotta love these old stories.  If you get a chance, go to the Negro Baseball Hall of Fame in KC, quite remarkable, not only the artifacts, but the first person narratives.  I was lucky, when I was out there for work, a group of us went and Jackie Robinson’s daughter was speaking that day !

Signature 

Posted: 06 October 2010 01:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
Joined  2007-06-20
Mriana - 06 October 2010 11:30 AM

One could say the same [the implication that she is not smart] of Patin Place Palin.

Logical Fallacy: Tu Quoque. grin

You can’t build Obama up by tearing Palin down.  Besides, the left assured us that Obama was some sort of super genius.  The man can’t spell the word “advice” for crying out loud.

Signature 

—James Madison

3 of 5