Indian Woman Tries To Flush Newborn In Plane Toilet
Posted: 09 July 2010 04:24 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3063
Joined  2010-04-26

Link

Holy crap on a pita!  That is just sick.

P.S.
Anyone else like that the “origin of the flight was unclear”?

Signature 

“In the end nature is horrific and teaches us nothing.” -Mutual of Omicron

Posted: 09 July 2010 11:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Total Posts:  7684
Joined  2008-04-11

I wonder if she was a rape victim in denial?

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 10 July 2010 05:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  137
Joined  2008-10-09

Natural selection at work.

Signature 

My superiority complex is better than yours.

Posted: 10 July 2010 09:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  3063
Joined  2010-04-26

How so?

Signature 

“In the end nature is horrific and teaches us nothing.” -Mutual of Omicron

Posted: 10 July 2010 10:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  137
Joined  2008-10-09

Her genes are not being passed on. Not having a child is pretty much the same as not being able to raise one, from a genetic viewpoint.

Signature 

My superiority complex is better than yours.

Posted: 10 July 2010 10:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Total Posts:  5508
Joined  2006-10-22

If she had been raped, she may have been preventing his genes from being passed on.

Occam

Posted: 11 July 2010 07:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Total Posts:  7614
Joined  2007-03-02
asanta - 09 July 2010 11:22 PM

I wonder if she was a rape victim in denial?

I’m wondering the same thing.  Rape does some pretty wicked things to women mentally, but then there is the cultural stigma of not being married and having a child.  I think India is one of the countries still pretty bad about this.  However, what I can’t figure out is, IF she had been abroad getting an education- like in the States or in Europe, then it seems to me that most logical conclusion would have been to terminate the pregnancy as soon as possible before returning home, where it is probably not legal, or even less legal, to abort a pregnancy.  I would like to know where she was working on her degree and why she didn’t think of getting an abortion in that country, in which to avoid all of this.

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 11 July 2010 11:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Joined  2008-04-11

I think that because of the stigma, she may have refused to recognize she was pregnant (teens do it all the time)...or perhaps she had no idea what her options were. Depending on which state she was in, services providing abortions may have been very scarce.

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 11 July 2010 01:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Joined  2007-03-02
asanta - 11 July 2010 11:02 AM

I think that because of the stigma, she may have refused to recognize she was pregnant (teens do it all the time)...or perhaps she had no idea what her options were. Depending on which state she was in, services providing abortions may have been very scarce.

Yes, there is that too.  Although, you would think if she were studying medicine, she would have known her options here in the States.  Who knows.

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 11 July 2010 06:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Joined  2008-04-11
Mriana - 11 July 2010 01:19 PM

Yes, there is that too.  Although, you would think if she were studying medicine, she would have known her options here in the States.  Who knows.

No necessarily, it is my understanding that doctors are no longer taught how to perform an abortion in medical school. Abortion is not addressed at all—too much of a hot button. It is passed on as each one teach one if they are interested in learning. It wouldn’t be taught until she was a resident..and only if she specialized in OB-GYN.

Signature 

Posted: 11 July 2010 07:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Joined  2007-03-02
asanta - 11 July 2010 06:33 PM
Mriana - 11 July 2010 01:19 PM

No necessarily, it is my understanding that doctors are no longer taught how to perform an abortion in medical school. Abortion is not addressed at all—too much of a hot button. It is passed on as each one teach one if they are interested in learning. It wouldn’t be taught until she was a resident..and only if she specialized in OB-GYN.

Oh well, then I guess she does have a problem.  A drop/smidgen of Bella Donna anyone?  That will fix that, but VERY painful, IF you survive it.

Signature 

Mriana