9 of 12
god theory…
Posted: 27 August 2010 11:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 121 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  151
Joined  2010-08-01

But EVOLUTION, the mechanism of PROCESS REFINEMENT, is like the electrons in a copper wire. PROCESS REFINEMENT is the copper wire. Without a generative force to push the electrons through the wire, nothing is accomplished.

I’m pretty sure he saying that some sort of god is the “generative force” that is pushing the “process refinement” through the “copper wire”.

Right you are…and I also said I used the term “god” to designate the uniqueness of this “something” foundational to our reality.

Another god proponent trying to clothe mysticism in scientific garble.

Where is the mysticism? That’s a rather uncharitable interpretation.

[ Edited: 27 August 2010 12:13 PM by whynot ]

Posted: 27 August 2010 11:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 122 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4811
Joined  2007-10-05

There you go again, blaming readers for your failure to communicate clearly.

Signature 

“In the beginning, God created the universe. This has made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.”
Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Posted: 27 August 2010 11:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 123 ]
Total Posts:  5551
Joined  2010-06-16

Whynot, please learn the mechanics of posting quotations.  It appears that you posted nothing but a quotation from some prior post since it’s all in the gray background.  You may want to go back and edit your post so that your contributions show up as such.

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 27 August 2010 03:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 124 ]
Total Posts:  7684
Joined  2008-04-11

The CAPS are annoying and distracting. They add NOTHING to your post. shut eye

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 27 August 2010 04:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 125 ]
Total Posts:  3028
Joined  2010-04-26

Now, now Asanta.  Caps let EVERYONE know that YOU ARE talking VERY LOUDLY about NOTHING.

Signature 

“In the end nature is horrific and teaches us nothing.” -Mutual of Omicron

Posted: 27 August 2010 06:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 126 ]
Joined  2008-04-11
Dead Monky - 27 August 2010 04:11 PM

Now, now Asanta.  Caps let EVERYONE know that YOU ARE talking VERY LOUDLY about NOTHING.

Thanks for the clarification.. smile

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 27 August 2010 09:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 127 ]
Total Posts:  3028
Joined  2010-04-26

No problem.  grin

Signature 

“In the end nature is horrific and teaches us nothing.” -Mutual of Omicron

Posted: 27 August 2010 10:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 128 ]
Joined  2010-08-01
asanta - 27 August 2010 03:57 PM

The CAPS are annoying and distracting. They add NOTHING to your post. shut eye

Then don’t read it.

Posted: 27 August 2010 10:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 129 ]
Joined  2010-08-01

Yes, I can see how frightening CAPS can be…especially when the words are more than two syllables. cool mad

Posted: 27 August 2010 11:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 130 ]
Total Posts:  7572
Joined  2007-03-02

Well, if no one minds me saying, this thread has become absolutely pointless and more off topic than asanta and me clowning around.  At least when she and I are clowning around we are close to the topic.  So um… can anyone explain to me how saying something in caps has to do with the original topic?  It seems to me the one who started this topic has no theory about a deity.  I still don’t know which one they are talking about.  Could it be Zeus, Osiris, Ra?  All this yelling and screaming over nothing.  Humm… I guess that is the topic- nothing.

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 28 August 2010 12:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 131 ]
Joined  2008-04-11
whynot - 27 August 2010 10:16 PM

Yes, I can see how frightening CAPS can be…especially when the words are more than two syllables. cool mad

Now, now..no need to throw insults. first you yell at us, then you call us (me) stupid. And how exactly does that do anything to promote your cause? The CAPS are annoying and distracting and do nothing for the post. It is difficult to get anyone to take anything you post seriously, if you can’t be more concise, and ditch the CAPS.

Signature 

Posted: 28 August 2010 03:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 132 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  84
Joined  2010-08-14
whynot - 27 August 2010 10:16 PM

Instead of attacking your readers (and I’m going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that your posts are written for your readers and not your own entertainment) why not try and make amendments to make it more readable and easier to comprehend. By no means am I saying strip away anything necessary but you must agree that the uppercase of certain words is just irritating, distracting and superfluous.

Posted: 28 August 2010 04:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 133 ]
Total Posts:  4811
Joined  2007-10-05
Mriana - 27 August 2010 11:16 PM

Well, if no one minds me saying, this thread has become absolutely pointless and more off topic than asanta and me clowning around.  At least when she and I are clowning around we are close to the topic.  So um… can anyone explain to me how saying something in caps has to do with the original topic?

It is feedback on the readability of his essay. I agree, though, that this is becoming pointless. Whynot asked for feedback, but when he gets constructive criticism he rejects it and insults his readers. As bettervalue said, whynot should make his essay more readable, not attack his readers. This thread has become pointless precisely because whynot refuses to consider that his communication problem starts himself.

Signature 

“In the beginning, God created the universe. This has made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.”
Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Posted: 28 August 2010 04:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 134 ]
Joined  2010-08-01

Instead of attacking your readers (and I’m going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that your posts are written for your readers and not your own entertainment) why not try and make amendments to make it more readable and easier to comprehend. By no means am I saying strip away anything necessary but you must agree that the uppercase of certain words is just irritating, distracting and superfluous.

It’s really quite simple. I’m postulating the universe had no beginning but is infinitely regressive and potentially eternal. I base this on the following premises.

The universe exists incidentally, like a shadow, as a consequence of OMS existence, that is also infinitely regressive and potentially eternal.

The universe is comprised of substances, quanta, atomic, molecular, chemical and biological.

These substance have been submerged in processes that have resulted in evolution, which is a mechanism of process refinement, that has produced the universe in its current configuration including the sentient observer…that would be us.

That process refinement is motivated by nothing more complex than contra-distinction to OMS existence which emerges within the universe as polar opposition to OMS attributes.

And that OMS is the term designating this “something” as god-like in its capacity as the foundational anchor of, and from within the universe.

And that the existence of OMS can be inferred from the above listed empirically based scientific theoretics.

And that OMS did not create the universe, or has any inter-active role in the process refinement taking place continually thruout.

I have provided a rather extensive theoretic model to support these premises. And it appears the form in which I presented has intimidated folks overly much with my choice of terms and the use of caps. Now this is the much shortened version, so if anyone has any relevant criticisms I reserve the right to refer them back to the original version for clarification.

End of story.

Posted: 28 August 2010 11:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 135 ]
Total Posts:  7572
Joined  2007-03-02
DarronS - 28 August 2010 04:11 AM
Mriana - 27 August 2010 11:16 PM

Well, if no one minds me saying, this thread has become absolutely pointless and more off topic than asanta and me clowning around.  At least when she and I are clowning around we are close to the topic.  So um… can anyone explain to me how saying something in caps has to do with the original topic?

It is feedback on the readability of his essay. I agree, though, that this is becoming pointless. Whynot asked for feedback, but when he gets constructive criticism he rejects it and insults his readers. As bettervalue said, whynot should make his essay more readable, not attack his readers. This thread has become pointless precisely because whynot refuses to consider that his communication problem starts himself.

I agree completely.

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

9 of 12

‹‹ A Religion for Atheists?      LOL... :) ››