RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1805
Joined  2005-07-20

black bird on grass

George - 12 November 2011 08:20 AM

Actually, according to Freud, a bird represents a…just kidding.  grin

Nah, I wasn’t flipping the religious extremists the bird!  LOL

traveler - 12 November 2011 07:49 AM

It always looked like a religious-type symbol (spiritual dove or some such thing). I love the free bird idea! That’s humanism, no?

Dove of Peace?  Nah.  I guess it does have that pose though.  Do the religions have a copyright on any bird in that pose now-a-days, oh boy!  rolleyes  To stop that from happening, I recommend that everyone here create a bird avatar in a variety of colors and meanings.  smile 

Actually, the picture was a flock black birds, I doctored it up to salvage it because the actual photo is so very foggy and blurry.  In my eyes, the bird in my avatar was a good memory, a lovely foggy day, a peaceful and beautiful cemetery, a day with a friend, a bird that I admired, and now I have some keepsakes to remind me.  smile  How many people saw all that behind the avatar?  smile  But you know abstract art, the audience sees what they want to in it, that’s the playful fun of art!

Signature 

I saw a happy rainbow recently.

Posted: 14 November 2011 01:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 47 ]
Total Posts:  9280
Joined  2006-08-29
jump_in_the_pit - 14 November 2011 01:09 PM
George - 12 November 2011 08:20 AM

Actually, according to Freud, a bird represents a…just kidding.  grin

Nah, I wasn’t flipping the religious extremists the bird!  LOL

Actually, I now remember a small book I have at home by Freud on Leonardo Da Vinci and it’s full of birds. IIRC, the birds had something to do with Leonardo being gay (surprise!). Yes, besides being a genius, Freud was also nuts.

Posted: 14 November 2011 02:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 48 ]
Joined  2005-07-20
George - 14 November 2011 01:52 PM

Actually, I now remember a small book I have at home by Freud on Leonardo Da Vinci and it’s full of birds. IIRC, the birds had something to do with Leonardo being gay (surprise!). Yes, besides being a genius, Freud was also nuts.

Freud had some good ideas about religion, he really hit the nail on his head as I read him, he’d fit right into this group Curious George.  smile  I think that is the biggest reason why he gets so dismissed now-a-days.  They didn’t teach me the atheist ideas he had in my H.S. Psychology class, they just taught about his superficial Id and Ego idea, I came just that close to being Enlightened in H.S., but no.  The problem I have with Freud is with his Oedipal Complex… woooo whooo that one was really out there, projecting are we Sigmund?  LOL 

Pictures of birds makes one gay huh?  Ah we finally have the answer now, the gay people were thinking of birds and then… wham-o!  I bet all of you have been influenced by my avatar, that was my plan all along!  I thought that Da Vinci was called gay because he drew women that look like men with breasts and long hair.  smile  Da Vinci was scientific though, he did all those anatomy studies and drew those machines, really he did the art as his day job, but the science was interest in his off hours.  smile

Signature 

Posted: 30 August 2013 02:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 49 ]
Joined  2005-07-20

What do you think of what Danica McKellar is doing.  She was on television shows “The Wonder Years”, and “The West Wing”, she kisses Avril Lavigne in a music video, she graduate with a math degree from UCLA, she’s written books “Math Doesn’t Suck”, “Kiss Math”, “Girls Get Geometry” and more.  She’s turning into a real popularizer of science.  smile

Danica McKellar

aeo aeousaehu aoeu ,.rcpg aeo aeaeoaeaeooaeaeoaeo aeousaehu aoeu ,.rcpg aeo aeousaehu aoeu ,.rcpg aeo aeousaehu aoeu ,.rcpg ousaehu aoeu ,.rcpg

Signature 

4 of 4