Total Posts:  84
Joined  2010-08-14

Why was my account and post deleted?

Posted: 14 August 2010 07:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15305
Joined  2006-02-14

Don’t know; it may have appeared to be spam. Your username is a spam flag. Try it again, assuming there is no advertising in it or in your profile.

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 14 August 2010 08:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-08-14

What is wrong with my user-name? And are you suggesting it was deleted by an automated system or can we say it was a specific user? Either way is a notification not given to the user so he can actually respond instead of completely deleting the post and all replies?

Posted: 14 August 2010 11:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  5187
Joined  2010-06-16

How do you expect us to respond if you don’t give us the data.  First, what was the user name you claim was removed?  Second, what was the message?

Second, if you don’t understand the function of spam, I suggest you go to Wikipedia and learn about it.  Then you should be able to answer your own question about “bettervalue”. 

Most websites are inundated with automated spam.  If we took the time to notify each and justify our actions we wouldn’t be able to do anything else.  Spam is obvious, and I wouldn’t at all doubt that your first post was spam.

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 14 August 2010 12:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-08-14
Occam. - 14 August 2010 11:46 AM

How do you expect us to respond if you don’t give us the data.  First, what was the user name you claim was removed?  Second, what was the message?

Second, if you don’t understand the function of spam, I suggest you go to Wikipedia and learn about it.  Then you should be able to answer your own question about “bettervalue”. 

Most websites are inundated with automated spam.  If we took the time to notify each and justify our actions we wouldn’t be able to do anything else.  Spam is obvious, and I wouldn’t at all doubt that your first post was spam.

Occam

username : bettervalue - the message was pretty much identical to the one I posted again the other moderator ‘dougsmith’ as well as another user responded with a genuine response. Quite clearly it isn’t as obvious as it is to you. And you didn’t identify who deleted it but judging from your inane response to the post I suspect it was you. Care to confirm?

Posted: 14 August 2010 12:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
Joined  2006-02-14
bettervalue - 14 August 2010 12:16 PM
Occam. - 14 August 2010 11:46 AM

Occam

username : bettervalue - the message was pretty much identical to the one I posted again the other moderator ‘dougsmith’ as well as another user responded with a genuine response. Quite clearly it isn’t as obvious as it is to you. And you didn’t identify who deleted it but judging from your inane response to the post I suspect it was you. Care to confirm?

I don’t know but expect it would have been me that deleted the account. Your username is virtually identical to many of literally scores of fake usernames we get every day, of people hawking all kinds of stuff. I assure you that if I deleted it, it was in error. As you note, I had responded to your thread and indeed have attempted to reformulate my response in your new thread.

Signature 

Doug

Posted: 14 August 2010 01:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-08-14

No worries… I do have a pretty silly username, couldn’t think so took it off a bottle of tango in front of me - ‘bigger bottle, better value’!

Posted: 14 August 2010 02:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Total Posts:  1396
Joined  2010-04-22

LOL

You’ll probably come up with a more descriptive one after you spend more time on forums and get more cranky.

grin

Signature 

“All musicians are subconsciously mathematicians.”

- Thelonious Monk

Posted: 01 July 2011 07:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2011-07-01

My account bugaluu7 has been deleted along with the thread i posted. I assume it was falsley considerd as spam for some reason, and at least a notification via email would be nice. I would very much like the account and thread to be restored if possible…
note: i’ve made this second account just to post the complaint

Posted: 02 July 2011 06:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Administrator
Joined  2006-02-14
Danlo - 01 July 2011 07:52 PM

My account bugaluu7 has been deleted along with the thread i posted. I assume it was falsley considerd as spam for some reason, and at least a notification via email would be nice. I would very much like the account and thread to be restored if possible…
note: i’ve made this second account just to post the complaint

Very sorry to hear that. The program keeps no records of deleted posts or accounts, so I’m afraid you’ll have to reconstruct the post. NB: we get a lot of spam posts and spam accounts here daily, so first posts or newbie accounts with questionable links in them (questionable links in signatures or bios) will likely get deleted. FYI.

[ Edited: 02 July 2011 06:09 AM by dougsmith ]
 Signature 

Doug

Posted: 01 March 2012 05:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2012-03-01

I feel I should add that when I created an account (same name: java7nerd), I didn’t post anything at all at first, just set my photo/avatar, then came back a few hours later intending to post and found the system didn’t recognise my username or email address. Maybe your system’s glitching?

Posted: 01 March 2012 08:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Administrator
Joined  2006-02-14
java7nerd - 01 March 2012 05:43 PM

I feel I should add that when I created an account (same name: java7nerd), I didn’t post anything at all at first, just set my photo/avatar, then came back a few hours later intending to post and found the system didn’t recognise my username or email address. Maybe your system’s glitching?

We get over a hundred spam account signups per day, which have to be gone through and deleted manually. I try to check if they have postings but a lot get deleted based on whether they look like the vast number of spam sigs. Yours looks classic. So it doesn’t surprise me it got deleted once. Apologies but at least you didn’t lose anything other than having to redo the avatar.

Signature 

Doug

Posted: 02 March 2012 07:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2012-03-01
dougsmith - 01 March 2012 08:10 PM

We get over a hundred spam account signups per day, which have to be gone through and deleted manually. I try to check if they have postings but a lot get deleted based on whether they look like the vast number of spam sigs. Yours looks classic. So it doesn’t surprise me it got deleted once. Apologies but at least you didn’t lose anything other than having to redo the avatar.

I wasn’t trying to complain about it, I just spotted this thread on the main index and thought therefor it must be a recent thing, then reading the thread thought it sounded like technical issues and you may appreciate another report to help you track it down, that’s why I replied about it.

Posted: 02 March 2012 07:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Administrator
Joined  2006-02-14
java7nerd - 02 March 2012 07:28 AM

I wasn’t trying to complain about it, I just spotted this thread on the main index and thought therefor it must be a recent thing, then reading the thread thought it sounded like technical issues and you may appreciate another report to help you track it down, that’s why I replied about it.

No worries. Glitches are occasional and usually human. smile

Signature 

Doug