1 of 4
misuses of skepticism (Merged)
Posted: 17 August 2010 04:16 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  14
Joined  2010-08-17

As the discoverer of a rare and tiny mucousal artifact located in the northwestern Pennsylvania mountains, I suspect that skepticism has been used to block an archaeological investigation. shock  blank stare

[ Edited: 17 August 2010 06:32 PM by marciaobead ]

Posted: 17 August 2010 04:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-08-17

Are licensed LPNs ever credible proxies for professional archaeologists?  Efforts to arrange an archaeological investigation, after discovery of a mucousal oracle-bead artifact in the northwestern Pennsylvania mountains, can be alleged to have been broadsided with initiation of the Skeptical Inquirer magazine.

Posted: 17 August 2010 06:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7716
Joined  2008-04-11

What are you talking about. Can you provide a reference???

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 17 August 2010 07:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  3195
Joined  2010-04-26

Hmmm….Drunk posting or troll?  I wonder.

Signature 

“Ah, I love your religion - for the crazy! Virgin birth, water into wine; it’s like Harry Potter, but it causes genocide and bad folk music.” -Roger Smith

Posted: 17 August 2010 08:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Joined  2008-04-11
Dead Monky - 17 August 2010 07:07 PM

Hmmm….Drunk posting or troll?  I wonder.

Or insane?

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 17 August 2010 08:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Joined  2010-04-26

I was thinking that as well after I read it a second time.  It is reminiscent of some of the writings I’ve seen from schizophrenics.

Signature 

“Ah, I love your religion - for the crazy! Virgin birth, water into wine; it’s like Harry Potter, but it causes genocide and bad folk music.” -Roger Smith

Posted: 17 August 2010 09:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-08-17

If the majority of people have not seen a rare and tiny artifact, then the ‘schizophrenic’ tag is easily applied to the seers.  If the majority of people exert sociopolitical pressure upon a remote archaeological site, the tendency for casual observers to send out a janitor, e. g., is accelerated if aspiring LPNs wish to enhance their careers and resumes.  Add professional skeptics to the equation and one remote archaeological site is altered by human hands without formal investigation.

Posted: 17 August 2010 10:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Total Posts:  5551
Joined  2010-06-16

Sorry, but I have no idea what you’re talking about.  First, what are LPNs?  Second, what site?  Third, what artifact?  You have to give much more concrete and descriptive evidence rather than just claiming you were wronged.

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 18 August 2010 09:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Joined  2008-04-11

Licensed Practical Nurses. They work under the supervision of Registered Nurses, as they have a lower level of training. That is actually the only thing she has said that makes any sense. I can’t think of anything else it could stand for, but in the context of her statement, it REALLY makes NO sense.

Signature 

Posted: 18 August 2010 10:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Joined  2010-04-26

I kind of like poking at internet crazies.  I wonder how long she’ll keep this crap up.

Signature 

Posted: 18 August 2010 04:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Joined  2010-06-16

Thanks, Asanta.  Wow, now her post really doesn’t make sense.  big surprise

Occam

Signature 

Posted: 18 August 2010 05:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  51
Joined  2010-08-02

Your sentences make my brain hurt

Image Attachments
man-scratching-head.jpg

Posted: 19 August 2010 05:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-08-17

LPNs can be ranked lower than RNs, but in reality LPNs investigate sanitary conditions.  That an LPN should be sent out to evaluate the bacterial count near a rare and tiny mucousal artifact is a type of logic that does not automatically consider possible archaeological status.

Plus, if an artifact discoverer sometime in life submits an employment application (among any others) to a chemical-formulations company that contributes to cleanser manufacture, there is a type of logic which concludes that an unusual archaeological artifact should be approached with intent to dissolve it or embed chemicals within it — maybe bleach it.

Therefore, skepticism about mucousal artifact descriptions (in the skin, bones and hair archaeological category of artifacts) can cause a rush to DESTROY such an artifact.

Posted: 19 August 2010 05:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Total Posts:  6640
Joined  2007-10-05

You found a nose* and are upset no one else takes this seriously? Without proper context we have no way of knowing what you are trying to say, much less accomplish by posting here.

*I’m taking a swag here. I cannot find “mucousal” in any dictionary. The closest I can find is “mucosal.”

Signature 

You cannot have a rational discussion with someone who holds irrational beliefs.

Posted: 19 August 2010 05:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Joined  2010-06-16

OK, as I seem to understand it, you were poking around a site and found evidence that a prior person had blown his/her nose there.  You collected the mucous (snot) and feel you’ve discovered an artifact.  Is that correct?

Occam

Signature 

Posted: 19 August 2010 06:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Total Posts:  7824
Joined  2007-03-02

Well I’m glad some people are understanding this person.  I have no idea what they are talking about and I’ve tried to figure it out.  S/he makes no sense at all.

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

1 of 4