Reciprocal Linking
Posted: 27 August 2010 01:59 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  402
Joined  2008-02-24

Hi,

I used to be a relatively frequent contributor here (off & on) but, being me, got distracted and wandered off to pastures new smile

Anyhow ... I am an administrator at several websites and I would like to know if you are interested in reciprocal linking i.e. you place a link or links on your site to ours and we will place a link on our sites to yours:

Science Just Science (http://www.justscience.org.uk)
SJS is campaign site whose remit is to raise awareness in the UK about the actions of those promoting pseudoscience (especially creationism and ID), it is a forum with a fair amount of information and a good track history in writing to the media and government agencies and its greatest success to date was in 2007 when it gained official government assurance that neither creationism or Intelligent Design were acceptable subjects for school classrooms.

Atheists’ Heaven (http://www.atheistsheaven.com)
Atheists’ Heaven is a community (forums) for atheists, a place where a bunch of like-minded individuals can talk about the things that interest them (usually not religious); things that amaze them (often science oriented) and/or frustrate them (frequently religious); It’s a place where not yet out-of-the-closet atheists can learn about what it means to be non-religious, where we can sometimes help others explain to their friends and families why they no longer believe or even just a place that gives them the courage to out themselves. In addition to the forum there’s an occasional blog and some other stuff. Are we fed up with religion? Yes but mostly we’re just a bunch of ordinary people with something in common and in need of a place to call our own. 

Actually in both forums I link to CFI materials (there’s a great CFI youtube video I love) when I need to but anyway, if this (reciprocal linking) is flyer please can you let me know it will be done, and I will ensure we do the same on our sites.

Thanks

James Rocks (Kyuuketsuki or Kekerusey)
Co-Founder: Science Just Science  & Atheists’ Heaven

Signature 

Kekerusey

“Keye’ung lu nì‘aw tì‘eyng mìkìfkey lekye’ung”
(Insanity, the only answer in a world insane!)

Atheists’s Heaven *** “Science, Just Science” Campaign *** Geekanology UK

Posted: 27 August 2010 05:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  15370
Joined  2006-02-14

You’re welcome to link to like minded sites or material within your posts.

Were you thinking of something else? If it’d be something site-wide, that’d be well above my (nonexistent) pay grade, although I could forward your request. Let me know. (If it’d be site-wide, there would likely be some other issues).

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 27 August 2010 12:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  5551
Joined  2010-06-16

I think linking them at this level is reasonable.  I like to check out other atheist, humanist, free-thinking sites myself, and any links would be interesting.  I think each of us has a certain comfort range that will match some but not others of the sites.  For example, I found one such site based in England four or five years ago.  While I enjoyed some of the threads, a great deal of the cross-talk was about local events.  This got boring to me so I drifted away.  I’d guess that even this CFI site could be found lacking to some outside the U.S. and Canada for similar reasons. 

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 28 August 2010 12:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Joined  2008-02-24

Hey Doug smile

dougsmith - 27 August 2010 05:46 AM

Were you thinking of something else? If it’d be something site-wide, that’d be well above my (nonexistent) pay grade, although I could forward your request. Let me know. (If it’d be site-wide, there would likely be some other issues).

Thanks and yes, the idea of reciprocal linking is one two sites create links one each site to the other ... I would appreciate it if you forward that to whomever might make that decision smile

Hey Occam smile

Occam. - 27 August 2010 12:48 PM

I think linking them at this level is reasonable.  I like to check out other atheist, humanist, free-thinking sites myself, and any links would be interesting.  I think each of us has a certain comfort range that will match some but not others of the sites.  For example, I found one such site based in England four or five years ago.  While I enjoyed some of the threads, a great deal of the cross-talk was about local events.  This got boring to me so I drifted away.  I’d guess that even this CFI site could be found lacking to some outside the U.S. and Canada for similar reasons. 

The site is English but it’s also a com address which (to my mind at least) implies global stuff and, whilst two of us are English, the third is from Singapore and our first mod is either American or Canadian so we’re tending towards a more global feel to it. An obvious issue with the site is that is, as yet, small (in the two weeks we’ve been operating we have about 35 members) but it is growing so we have high hopes.

Keke

Signature 

Kekerusey

Posted: 28 August 2010 01:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Total Posts:  5551
Joined  2010-06-16

Sorry, K, but when I tried to register at A H, the program just kept blanking out my passwords and telling me to correct the error.  I don’t know what error I was making so I finally gave up.

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 28 August 2010 02:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Joined  2008-02-24
Occam. - 28 August 2010 01:46 AM

Sorry, K, but when I tried to register at A H, the program just kept blanking out my passwords and telling me to correct the error.  I don’t know what error I was making so I finally gave up.

OK ... I flagged it up smile

Both of us just tested and it’s fine ... I used IE to test (my FF has got it’s knickers in a twist and won’t let me log out so I couldn’t create an account) and Darwinian used Chrome.

Alternatively I can create you an ID and PM you the password.

Keke

[ Edited: 28 August 2010 03:04 AM by Kyuuketsuki UK ]
 Signature 

Kekerusey

Posted: 28 August 2010 07:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  15370
Joined  2006-02-14
Kyuuketsuki UK - 28 August 2010 12:38 AM

Hey Doug smile

dougsmith - 27 August 2010 05:46 AM

Thanks and yes, the idea of reciprocal linking is one two sites create links one each site to the other ... I would appreciate it if you forward that to whomever might make that decision smile

I’m still not entirely clear on what you’re suggesting. AFAIK we don’t have a page with links to like-minded webpages, though I can’t be sure I’ve seen every part of the CFI site. Without such a page, I don’t see where these links would be put.

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 28 August 2010 09:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Joined  2008-02-24
dougsmith - 28 August 2010 07:23 AM

I’m still not entirely clear on what you’re suggesting. AFAIK we don’t have a page with links to like-minded webpages, though I can’t be sure I’ve seen every part of the CFI site. Without such a page, I don’t see where these links would be put.

OK smile

Keke

Signature 

Kekerusey

‹‹ password trouble      avatars ››