Posted: 09 September 2010 11:14 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  438
Joined  2009-01-28

I uploaded an avatar but can’t get it to display.  It does show up when I go to “view public profile”.  What’s up?

Posted: 09 September 2010 12:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Total Posts:  6046
Joined  2009-02-26
skuld - 09 September 2010 11:14 AM

I uploaded an avatar but can’t get it to display.  It does show up when I go to “view public profile”.  What’s up?

Make sure size does not exceed allowed. Also, try different formats such as jpeg or bmp. Perhaps you can not display “moving” pics in the pages, but is ok in your profile. Try a still pic.

[ Edited: 09 September 2010 12:47 PM by Write4U ]
 Signature 

Art is the creation of that which evokes an emotional response, leading to thoughts of the noblest kind.
W4U

Posted: 09 September 2010 04:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  2423
Joined  2007-09-03
Write4U - 09 September 2010 12:44 PM

Make sure size does not exceed allowed. Also, try different formats such as jpeg or bmp. Perhaps you can not display “moving” pics in the pages, but is ok in your profile. Try a still pic.

over all the forum infrastructure works really well but this one part doesn’t work that well.  I have found that it is inconsistent and doesn’t always pick up a new avatar even if everything is right.  Even if you are able to generate two avatars which you successfully load, you will have trouble consistently swapping them for no apparent reason.

Don’t give up—it eventually seems to work.

Posted: 10 September 2010 02:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  6046
Joined  2009-02-26
Jackson - 09 September 2010 04:41 PM
Write4U - 09 September 2010 12:44 PM

over all the forum infrastructure works really well but this one part doesn’t work that well.  I have found that it is inconsistent and doesn’t always pick up a new avatar even if everything is right.  Even if you are able to generate two avatars which you successfully load, you will have trouble consistently swapping them for no apparent reason.

Don’t give up—it eventually seems to work.

Are you sure you used the correct category. Your photo ends up in your profile. Your avatar is what is displayed in the threads.
In the Control Panel use “Edit Avatar”

[ Edited: 10 September 2010 02:39 AM by Write4U ]
 Signature 

Art is the creation of that which evokes an emotional response, leading to thoughts of the noblest kind.
W4U

Posted: 10 September 2010 02:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Total Posts:  2423
Joined  2007-09-03

yeah -go to skuld’s profile—his “photo” is neat!

I don’t know if it would fit into the avatar bit size though….

Posted: 10 September 2010 07:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  15368
Joined  2006-02-14

Yeah, I don’t know if we allow moving avatars ... but a regular image should work so long as it’s within the size limits. If you’re still having trouble, let us know.

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 10 September 2010 11:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Total Posts:  438
Joined  2009-01-28

I got it now, thanks.  smile

‹‹ Reciprocal Linking      Spam control ››