3 of 3
FTC says POM juice ads are deceptive about health
Posted: 10 October 2010 12:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7665
Joined  2008-04-11
citizenschallenge.pm - 10 October 2010 12:10 AM
asanta - 09 October 2010 10:42 PM

BTW, do you think we’ll ever pass a budget?

I thought I heard a day or two ago that California did finally pass their budget (3 months late).
Don’t tell me they changed their minds….....

No, they were ‘getting closer’, I checked the news, and they finally passed it a couple of hours ago. This is an ongoing problem in CA, I swear, if they ever pass it anywhere near on time, I’ll be checking the sky for aliens—-or Jesus Christ. ohh

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 10 October 2010 10:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Total Posts:  5551
Joined  2010-06-16

It’s our version of the Filibuster.  Since the Calif. voters got sucked into voting for Proposition 13 about thirty-five years ago, budgets require a two—thirds majority to pass.  This means a small minority of anti-government legislators can block it until more services are cut and no taxes to cover anything are allowed.  In addition, The voters passed a proposition allowing the governor the line item veto.  That means a Republican governor can further reduce any spending that doesn’t benefit his friends.  I used to kid about the level of voter intelligence in the Southern states, but we are even worse.

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 10 October 2010 11:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Total Posts:  7665
Joined  2008-04-11

..And the rules to put an initiative on the CA ballot are even worse! Any idiotic thing can be put up for a vote, without a constitutionality check if you have 10,000 signatures.

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

3 of 3