2 of 2
druidism recognized as religion in Britain
Posted: 07 October 2010 10:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  779
Joined  2009-07-17
Dead Monky - 06 October 2010 02:07 PM

I like druids.  They make a good 5th member for your party.  Much better than bards if you ask me.  wink

LOL! I should have known you’d beat me to the gamer reference! smile

Take care,

Derek

Signature 

“It is noble to be good; it is still nobler to teach others to be good—and less trouble.”—Mark Twain

Posted: 07 October 2010 01:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Total Posts:  1071
Joined  2007-06-20

Funny, he doesn’t look Druish! grin

Signature 

There are more instances of the abridgement of the freedom of the people by the gradual and silent encroachment of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpation.

—James Madison

Posted: 07 October 2010 03:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Total Posts:  403
Joined  2007-08-26
Rocinante - 07 October 2010 01:11 PM

Funny, he doesn’t look Druish! grin

Somebody had to say it. :-D

Signature 

—————————————————
http://www.StephenJGallagher.com
http://StephenJGallagher.blogspot.com

Posted: 07 October 2010 03:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Total Posts:  2457
Joined  2008-06-03

Well Druids I can understand being recognized as a religion. They have a history and all.

What I don’t understand, is the ACLU this week defending a girl who wants to wear a nose piercing to school because she’s a member of the “church of body modification.” What the heck? Can someone claim they are church of… whatever and get special exceptions?

Could I make up that I belong to the Church of Christina Hendrix and all size 12 women should get awesome vintage Mad Men clothes tax free as a religious exemption?

Signature 

Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it’s a simple adventure story. Others can read the ingredients on a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe.    - Lex Luthor

Posted: 08 October 2010 03:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Total Posts:  1765
Joined  2007-10-22
Jules - 07 October 2010 03:55 PM

Well Druids I can understand being recognized as a religion. They have a history and all.

What I don’t understand, is the ACLU this week defending a girl who wants to wear a nose piercing to school because she’s a member of the “church of body modification.” What the heck? Can someone claim they are church of… whatever and get special exceptions?

Could I make up that I belong to the Church of Christina Hendrix and all size 12 women should get awesome vintage Mad Men clothes tax free as a religious exemption?

Sure, why not.  I have an alter to the god Moola, one of the true gods, in my garage or as my crew calls it when we libate. “The Temple” grin

Signature 

Gary the Human

All the Gods and all religions are created by humans, to meet human needs and accomplish human ends.

2 of 2